Search results

+
  1. J

Provisions and Gwent deckbuilding

It seems to me that Gwent's deckbuilding is weird. The idea is to play more provisions than opponent, because more provisions usually means more points which usually means a victory. Since each game of Gwent lasts about 16 rounds, that means the ideal 25-card deck runs all its provisions in 16...
  2. J

Shupe should not be able to draw a card

Per title - same reason CA spies becoming single-use was a big improvement.
  3. J

Greatsword win rate now 57.6%

Check it out: https://gwentup.com/report/18/21. At 3600+ MMR, Crach decks are 52.9% to include Greatsword and win 57.6% of the time. This win rate is above Eithne/Brouver during the Dwarves meta. I find it pretty depressing. The deck is both a powerful engine deck and has powerful win...
  4. J

Meta report 22-25 May

Meta report 22-25 May https://gwentup.com/report/18/19 1) Greatswords now both highest popularity and highest win rate. Crach decks including Greatsword have 54.5% win rate, just edging out Crach decks including Veterans (54.4%). 2) Alchemy is still alive and #2 in win rate! Slave Infantry...
  5. J

Which decks have a good matchup vs. Greatswords?

Which decks have a good matchup vs. Greatswords? This patch, my first guess would be that Greatswords is the deck to beat. The matchup can be swung with certain tech cards of course (Geralt: Igni, Miruna, Muzzle, Artefact Compression ...) but I'm more curious about which decks have a naturally...
  6. J

Tips for playing Axemen

Tips for playing Axemen Random Axemen tips (this really should be in another thread): 1. Know your flex slots. https://www.gwentdb.com/forums/gwent...eck?comment=32. 2. Ideally, you play two short rounds and one long round. Your gameplan is to win the long round and one of the short rounds...
  7. J

Things That Need to be Fixed Before Homecoming

Things That Need to be Fixed Before Homecoming Can you guys fix 1) Brouver coin flip where opponent mulligans Wardancer on blue coin and 2) Imlerith: Sabbath? Losing to these two decks is the most miserable experience in Gwent (even if it doesn't happen often).
  8. J

Change Letho/Regis (or add counterplay)

Change Letho/Regis (or add counterplay) Letho/Regis wipes the floor with some decks (Axemen, NG Handbuff, NG soldiers, Moonlight, probably several more decks I'm not thinking of). The combo is so devastating that it can be worth >80 points. This is counterbalanced by the fact that both cards...
  9. J

Greatswords own weather too hard

Greatswords own weather too hard It's one thing to be immune to weather (Dwarven Marauders). It's another to take the weather and turn it into an engine. Greatswords are especially strong vs. gold weather & White Frost. I don't have any suggestions for how to improve this though without adding...
  10. J

Forum ignore list isn't working

Forum ignore list isn't working Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but posts by people I ignore are still visible.
  11. J

How to beat spies?

How to beat spies? I'm not looking for specific cards here, but rather playstyle changes. Here's what I've discerned so far: 1) Winning the coin flip is a huge advantage since spies have weak early tempo. 2) Scorch is a valuable effect that should be kept for Joachim's pulled card (or big...
  12. J

QoL fixes for Francesca

QoL fixes for Francesca Currently Francesca is heavily incentivized to search for loyal units, but occasionally one really something else. Searching for Yaevinn right now is actually actively detrimental. Considering that Francesca is the epitome of the versatility leader, I think the way her...
  13. J

Freeze MMR option

Freeze MMR option Basically with this option ticked, you queue on ladder at your current MMR, but you can neither gain nor lose MMR. We already have casual mode, but the queue times there are long. With this option you get to experiment to your heart's content in a low-queue time environment...
  14. J

Change Ronvid of Small Marsh

Change Ronvid of Small Marsh This card is unique in the sense that it cannot be killed without a lock. In other words, if the opponent plays Ronvid and you do not have carryover of your own, you will always face an opponent with 1 point of carryover in round 2. In turn that means you can't...
Top Bottom