Search results

+
  1. A

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Here we go again. For most people in here, it is not about a ride off in the sunset ending, it's about choices having no impact on the story outcome. You get: dead, or dead in 6 months. The whole story revolves around the theme of survival vs. dying as a legend, but you can't decide. You just...
  2. A

So some short stuff with a new character? That's fine in linear games (Metro Last Light had DLC like that, and they were fun), but for an RPG that's kind of like saying: "Sorry, your main character was just not interesting enough to be worthy of more content.
  3. A

Where should they fit in pre-endgame from a lore/story point of view? Act 1 - only Watson is available, everything is very beginner area. Act 2 - The story builds up a sense of urgency, constantly gives relic malfunctions, and tells the player to hurry when he decides to do sidequests. Act 3 -...
  4. A

I agree, we just have nothing to come to a conclusion. Maybe they fix it, maybe they don't. Maybe I will buy their next game, maybe I don't. The only thing we can do is try to keep this thread alive, really.
  5. A

Yeah, Dishonored did that, and Dishonored released in 2012
  6. A

I don't need a detailed roadmap, but some acknowledgment would sure be nice. Just so I know if I should have some hope for the future of this game or not.
  7. A

Yeah, it is so weird, it feels like a really strange "ha, got 'em" some writers like to pull. But just subverting expectations does not make a story good
  8. A

I disagree, they achieved all the same for me: They stopped me from having fun. And I had a lot of fun playing the game. I liked many things about it, but by killing my character and loading a save, I feel like I lost the game and cannot continue to play it because my immersion broke. I cannot...
  9. A

Same. And then they broke my immersion in the game by killing V and loading a save from Act 2. When the main story isn't supposed to be the focus of the game anyway, why make the endings so fixed and push your players to play it?
  10. A

As far as I remember, something along those lines is possible. I think it happens when Takemura talks to V during the scouting. V can ask something like: "Why did Arasaka find Jackie and upload him?", and he answers that Arasaka has ways to pick memories apart and sort of reprogramme personalities.
  11. A

Those are problems with the whole story/game, tried to focus on the endings
  12. A

Yeah, here a lot of different people who have different problems with the endings: The ones who dislike the lack of choice and consequences throughout the whole game, reaching its pinnacle in the end The ones who dislike the endings for being way too sad and hopeless The ones who dislike how...
  13. A

Nah, what they should have done, is make a completely different story. People already disliked how Witcher 3 portrays the main quest as a race against time, in Cyberpunk, they cranked that up to 5000.
  14. A

Yeah, like, no offense, but there is a reason why there is no flood of RPGs about the average life of an office worker.
  15. A

See, this is one of my main issues with the Johnny ending: he always talks about how he changed, how he learned from V because they share each other's memories, how he is sorry, etc. But he is all talk, no walk. He never does anything that shows how he is changed: He still raises and shakes...
  16. A

Yes. The whole first scene where Johnny assaults V just made me feel uncomfortable. It is especially uncomfortable playing a female V. And then, in the dinner scene he is suddenly all buddie with you, lol no thank you very much. And over the course of the whole story, he never changes. He is...
  17. A

Yes, this. And to add to the whole RDR2 comparison: The whole game is about bloody redemption. It's even in the title, who would suspect a happy end there? And that is how the story ends. It feels complete. Loose ends are tied up, there is closure. In Cyberpunk, the whole story revolves around...
  18. A

Do the 2 guys break up with you in the space heist ending? If not, maybe they split who stays with you, 2 on that ending, 2 on the nomad one?
  19. A

Thought about that too.
  20. A

They can always come back. In the Streetkid lifepath, even V came back after leaving NC Yes. If you look at Social Media or on this forum, people really like them. There is no reason to remove them
Top Bottom