Search results

+
  1. K

Save Game Corruption PC (Version 1.3) Please Help!

I don't have much time left, therefore I'll try to be short and exact. Any savegame with a negative offset proposed by maxID cannot be repaired, because an uncontrolled overflow of SItemUniqueID will happen after reload, there will be duplicate item IDs in any case. The savegame with a proposed...
  2. K

The developer console command additem('mh203_water_hag_trophy') would add it to your inventory, however, it is not possible to fix a game after the bug has destroyed the inventory already. The fix must be done, before the bug does any visible damage, before the uncontrolled SItemUniqueId...
  3. K

How to crush the bug This is a long text, but again worthwhile to read, I hope, because now there is a full solution to repair saved games without any compromise. The problem after overflow of the SItemUniqueId by doing the liverHack are copies of Geralts body parts, which occupy high unique...
  4. K

The bug is under control Here are the results of some additional tests: 1. I could not find any way, to remove a new item, which got an item ID assigned, that collided / was identical with the item ID of a protected body part (after overflow or reset of the unique item ID counter) by a...
  5. K

I'll try to add the screenshots here ... but the jpg images are always too small. Sorry. Now I tried to upload using a different browser and a different system, a virtual machine. Same result.
  6. K

Abstract: I have found a workaround for the problem caused by protected body parts, added much code to ssdany's initial version of modDebugItemID during the last weekend, and repaired the last savegame of my first playthrough. As some kind of balancing justice, what a sweet revenge, the...
  7. K

Status update This is a short update with recommendations and the state of my research. ssdany sent me his code packed as ModKit compatible mod, and I used it, to do more detailed tests, and added new functions to drill deeper and to learn, how it might be possible, to repair savegames with...
  8. K

It would be a great help for all victims of this item ID problem, if there would be an easy ingame way i.e. with the dev console, to check the number of available or used item IDs in older savegames, which could be used to restart and proceed in a more careful way.
  9. K

This is a long text, but probably worthwile to read, because it contains workarounds to prevent the bug discussed in this thread. Once more I'd like to thank ssdany, whose work made it possible to understand the bug. The last two evenings / nights, I did some additional tests. The savegame...
  10. K

I tried what I could to produce a small save file and a low playtime on my 2nd playthrough. The only requirement for the bug, which is known to me, is a large number of recipes in the inventory of a vendor, something that happens, if you do not buy any schematics for runestone or glyph upgrades...
  11. K

Hi ssdany, to begin with, many thousand thanks for sharing your knowledge - you added the most important and helpful contribution to this thread so far, pinpointing and explaining the root cause of the bug, and adding an explanation, what exactly destroys the inventory, while just saving and...
  12. K

Never mind, it would not have been very helpful anyway. The more interesting variables, i.e. the quest system, have such a large number of children, that the 2 GB addressable memory of a 32 bit program is not enough to scan or display it - if one is patient enough (very patient ;-), the program...
  13. K

Witcher 3 HILFE! Schwerer BUG, Schatzsuche: Katzenschule - Teil 2/Hose

Hi xlCannabis, vermutlich versuchst Du, auf dem falschen Weg an das Schema zu gelangen, und es handelt sich gar nicht um einen Bug. Man muss dazu nicht durch ein Gitter oder eine Gittertüre, sondern man geht in das untere Stockwerk im Haus des Waffenschmieds z.B. durch dieselbe Tür an der...
  14. K

Yes, you provided very valuable additional data, and I'll try to give you a more precise recommendation, how to proceed with your game. The size of your last savegame file and the number of loads until corruption fit perfectly into the diagram, I'll try to upload an updated version tomorrow...
  15. K

Here is a zipped version of the compiled W3SavegameEditor.exe modified by Salvatore80, this format can be uploaded here. I have added a screenshot, how the GUI looks like. If you click on Variables, you will see the full power of this unfinished piece of work - but be warned, lists of variables...
  16. K

This is the highest number of hours ever seen, before the bug occurred (sigh!) and a very large savegame, expecially for a point in the main story before the isle of mists and without Blood and Wine done. Therefore I expect, you'll have the lowest number of loads ever seen too. I'll try to...
  17. K

Welcome to the club, Margal666. The club of those gamers, who are running a doomed witcher. Yes, there are news, but not exactly good news, as you'll see below. If you like, you could do some things: - Submit a support request / bug report to CD project red and upload a saved game shortly...
  18. K

Thanks for your offer to help, this is really welcome. Before I restart Geralts journey from the beginning, loosing all progress made in the free time of the last 9 months, I'd really like to know, what went wrong. Here is a detailed description, how I created the keyboard macro, and how to use...
  19. K

You are right, this has nothing to do with the bug corrupting savegames, its another small bug. I know for sure now, because I could reproduce the corruption bug with a savegame, which was written before Geralt entered Novigrad for the first time, before the quest "Pyres of Novigrad", when...
  20. K

A true word, indeed. Exactly this was the reason, why I did my best, to sell all junk to merchants, who reset their inventory completely every morning or whenever they reappear. Unfortunately, the game has no function to destroy an item, and items dropped to the floor often stayed very long on...
Top Bottom