Search results

+
  1. lakired

Add "Encounter Nodes" on RP Faction Paths

For those of us who played pre-HC, it's not too much of a struggle to unlock all the leaders via the RP system as long as you target direct paths thanks to our massive scrap pools and other initial rewards. However, for new players it looks like the struggle to do the same is far more daunting...
  2. lakired

Eithne Shoots Own Unit on Timeout

Thanks to Eithne's animation taking a week to complete, my turn TO'ed while I had her selected, causing her to then target my own unit rather than the opponents. If it's going to auto-target, it should randomly select an enemy or just de-select and not target anything.
  3. lakired

Use Meteorite Powder Now or Save it?

Keeping in mind that bronzes no longer need x3 copies to have a "full" collection, you should need fewer scraps for a full HC collection.
  4. lakired

HC bronze cards

The change to x2 Bronzes, limited mulligans, and the introduction of the provision system has dramatically increased draw RNG. In "Old Gwent" bronzes typically formed the core of your deck, with Golds/Silvers augmenting it. Now bronzes are just unavoidable fillers, with Golds forming the core of...
  5. lakired

PTR: Ciri doesn't return to hand on lost round

Title says it all. Passed round, giving it to opponent. Ciri wasn't locked. Yet she didn't return to my hand.
  6. lakired

Arena Opponent Forfeit Results in Loss

I just had an opponent forfeit in the Mimic Arena mode, but when I went back to the contract screen I had lost a contract and hadn't advanced in wins.
  7. lakired

[POLL] What GWENT lacks?

This is by far the most damning culprit for why Gwent is in the state it's in. We were in a fundamentally solid place pre-MWU. Homecoming seemed at first a necessary step to refocus on the game's core elements and return HOME to what had initially been Gwent's greatest strengths: strategic...
  8. lakired

GWENT: Ask a Dev

Wouldn't an effective communication strategy be presenting these proposed changes (30 card deck, 2 bronze dupes, removal of tutors, hand size limit, etc) in the context of how the development team believes they will address some of the core issues facing Gwent? "Homecoming" seemed to be a...
  9. lakired

Any advice for facing Nekkers and Axemen unteched?

Sorry, I misread your initial post as saying you run Spell'atael and were having issues with those two decks. It's challenging to deal with any competent weather heavy deck without some tech for the most part. Don't get blue coin. Try to go for mid-rounds. If you're running ST, always run the...
  10. lakired

GWENT: Ask a Dev

Many of the proposed/considered changes seem to be geared towards moving Gwent further towards a more tempo based format, which is one of the most oft lamented consequences of the Midwinter Patch fiasco. Larger deck size, only two bronze duplicates, fewer tutors, forcing R1 play, etc. All of...
  11. lakired

Arena card draft quality varies too much. (Poll)

None of the above. Current arena format doesn't at all represent Gwent and what makes it a great game. There's next to no strategic depth involved. Players should draft 40 cards, with set intervals for Golds and Silvers. From those cards, they should then construct a standard deck. This allows...
  12. lakired

Any advice for facing Nekkers and Axemen unteched?

With Spell'atael how are you not running AC? And if you are running AC, you really shouldn't be having trouble with these match-ups. Muzzle should be pretty standard to Spell as well, which also works. These should be tech'd in simply because they're also beast against both GS and Alchemy, which...
  13. lakired

Hand Size Limit

Maximum hand size doesn't change this at all though. As long as you won't draw over 10 cards going into R3, there's no incentive to play into R2. So it isn't really germane to the topic of this thread. Besides which, if you want all rounds to be played you basically don't want engine decks to...
  14. lakired

Hand Size Limit

People don't play the rounds because it's extremely dangerous to do so, due to the risk of losing CA on Blue Coin. In a vacuum, this change means that it's impossible to play anything in Gwent other than pure tempo, because if you HAVE to play a minimum of two cards into the first round, only...
  15. lakired

Hand Size Limit

I fully anticipate that they will also be separately addressing the coin flip problem. My hope with this thread was more to specifically engage with just the implementation of a hand size limit irrespective of any other changes to coin flip. The reason being that I think even if Blue Coin's...
  16. lakired

Hand Size Limit

There are many ways in which they could change Gwent to make it less tempo based. However, there is no way that THIS change can. Regardless of what other changes they make, this one DOES make the game more tempo based. There's just absolutely no way in which it doesn't. Yes, we don't yet know...
  17. lakired

Hand Size Limit

Is it wrong to pass judgment on jumping off a bridge? Who knows, maybe a giant eagle will swoop in and save you. We can't possibly know until we've tried it, right? That's an absurd argument. Did you watch the interview? Burza literally said that if you dry passed R1 you would discard the two...
  18. lakired

Hand Size Limit

Dry passing R1 is a symptom of the coin flip issue. No one would intentionally cede control over their fate unless forced to by the imminent threat of losing CA. Furthermore, forcing players to do something is absolutely terrible design. If you have to introduce artificial limitations to ensure...
  19. lakired

Hand Size Limit

In the Team Aretuza Talk Show, Burza confirmed that there will be a hand size limitation implemented of 10 cards, meaning that if you dry passed R1 you would immediately discard the two cards drawn at the start of R2. Personally, I think this is an absolutely asinine change. While obviously we...
  20. lakired

2 rows instead of 3. Homecoming. [POLL]

Simply removing a row is only going to limit strategic potential. However, there are ways it can be done that could potentially mitigate this. Two suggestions I've seen and will echo here are 1) five rows, with the melee row being shared, and 2) four rows split down the center with the...
Top Bottom