Search results

+
  1. C

Slowing down time/Bullet time suggestion

In a sci-fi universe where body augmentations would be a thing, it would make sense to have something that improves your reflexes - perception speed and movement speed. Such a feature can be visually translated as slow motion. It would also feel cool. I wouldn't like to be able to abuse it...
  2. C

"You fire your gun at a human enemy 10 levels higher than you - headshot."

I think the real question here is whether or not we would like a leveled loot and leveled enemies system, compared to a “realistic” character progression system. Now, games using leveled loot systems have one really cool advantage: they always keep you interested in exploring and searching for...
  3. C

"So you're playing your dream RPG. When not questing, what are you doing?"

Dream RPG? Hmmm... First of all: fight club. Every RPG should have one. Accessible at any time, just to blow off some steam. Exploring is nice, if there's something to find. Simple sightseeing doesn't work for me. I did however spend quite some time in AC: Origins simply roaming through the...
  4. C

Philosophical Question: If the protagonist is fixed are you actually playing an RPG?

More fun to play - obviously a custom character, seeing also that you may end up simply hating the predefined one. In the last 5 years, character customization became kind of a trend, so it's difficult to make a statistic, especially since I have a looser understanding of the RPG term (as...
  5. C

How should we investigate in Cyberpunk?

I'd say no matter what you do, some actions WILL become repetitive. Say you have a tool to see blood traces. You WILL use it on EVERY murder scene. Since the game is a sci-fi, you could have a better or worse quality of this tool and it can have more or less abilities (for example - tool that...
  6. C

Philosophical Question: If the protagonist is fixed are you actually playing an RPG?

First of all, concepts evolve, usually by becoming more complex in time, while maintaining some core context and/or features. Today, RPG means something slightly different than what it meant 10 years ago. Now, one of the basic features of an RPG (one that didn't change) is that it allows you to...
  7. C

Your Fears For the Game - Combined Thread

On the OP subject: One of the things making a game feel cool for me is the mechanics: movement, combat, interaction, etc. Found out today the game will support both first person and third person perspectives, and also there's a lot of talk about a multiplayer feature. I fear the scope in these...
Top Bottom