Search results

+
  1. I

Freddybabes video on what he doesn't like about homecoming

Because of the infinite posts complaining about how old GWENT was a stale unfixable mess and how new cards couldn't possibly fix it because of fundamental issues that wouldn't be addressed? I'm baffled that anyone thought Homecoming would be anything other than a full overhaul. Every major...
  2. I

2 rows instead of 3. Homecoming. [POLL]

I voted it would be a bad idea... however... There is a logic I can see behind it. Currently, rounds often go to absurd lengths, to the point that there's only one or two cards left at the end of round one. With two rows, and the row limit, people simply couldn't do that. GWENT could -...
  3. I

GWENT Homecoming — see what's next for GWENT

Oh, and reminding to those who feel 6 months is an untenable length of time, remember Final Fantasy XIV. That game opened up a HELL of a lot worse than GWENT did. And they did the exact same thing, more or less; they went back to brass tacks, rebuilt and relaunched and the game's still going...
  4. I

GWENT Homecoming — see what's next for GWENT

100% they'll market the hell out of it. Don't be surprised if there's a bunch of articles that drop around that time. They'd be nuts not to poke Kotaku and other publications to get them to have a look at the new content. And if Thronebreaker is dropping at the same time... well, obviously...
  5. I

Thank you for walking back Create

Seconded, but wait until you see what they actually do before celebrating. The GWENT team have a history of being either over-cautious or over-enthusiastic, and it's hard to tell which way they'll go in this instance.
  6. I

Last chance...

Or, to put it another way. Peeps: WE WANT MORE VARIETY CDPR: *adds create* Peeps: GOD THIS VARIETY IS TERRIBLE. I DON'T WANT DECKS TO BE UNPREDICTABLE! Non-snarkily, the problem is that the variety we want is actually not variety, it's viability. We want as many archetypes as possible to be...
  7. I

Last chance...

Sabbath caused the meta to shift quite heavily for two weeks, which is pretty significant. And he literally created a new deck built around him, though it's now a marginal thing you rarely see. Triss TK has enabled a lot of marginal decks that has added enormous variety to the T2 aspect of the...
  8. I

Last chance...

Almost don't affect constructed? Imlerith: Sabbath had no effect? Triss: Telekinesis had no effect?
  9. I

Nilfgaard Handbuff Still Needs a Nerf

Does that mean Venendral Elite doesn't block this combo?
  10. I

Last chance...

Didn't they explicitly state there'd be no patch in April? Why are you waiting for something they said they weren't going to do? Most likely they'll put out a balance patch in mid-May.
  11. I

Nilfgaard Handbuff Still Needs a Nerf

You always could. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say 'these days'. Every spellatael deck was the same, every WH deck was the same (back when it was good), every decent deck was the same. Every decent deck in every decent card game is just about the same. In Magic the...
  12. I

6 Months Without Gold Immunity: My Conclusion

This 'shift' never happened. I wish people could see that. All that happened was that more cards became targetable. The old-style spellatael deck was literally built on killing every. Single. Thing. The other guy played, and holding points with invincible gold units while using dim shackles to...
  13. I

Balance Suggestions

I think it's pretty likely that CDPR are making the 1 pt create bronzes arena-only. Literally everybody hates them. I consider it such a guarantee that the version of alchemy I'm running doesn't even have slave drivers to account for the near-certain change that's coming (I'm using vicovaro...
  14. I

Why "Monsters" have the WORST silver spy??

That and T1 players know how to play around a lot of things many players down and/or have tech in their decks to deal with occasional surprises.
  15. I

Balance Suggestions

The problem is that alchemy isn't OP. Of the T1 decks it's by far the weakest and has been fighting around top 5 for about a month now. In fact, as of the most recent meta report it isn't top 5 anymore with a sub 50% win rate. And yes, I've been a NG player for a good while. It's probably my...
  16. I

Balance Suggestions

You really are biased towards NG. Almost all of your suggestions for NG are buffs, and you suggest nerfs to cards in other factions so sweeping that you'd annihilate entire archetypes and reduce them to have even fewer viable competitive options. But that's just that you know NG best and don't...
  17. I

Meta Report #11 and some meta analysis

I notice that Emhyr's popularity has stayed consistent at 6% but his winrate has dropped by nearly 5%, which seems to substantiate my (endlessly repeated) argument that Handbuff would quickly be teched against/played around once people figured it out at higher levels. It now only has slightly...
  18. I

19 is nothing. If you can get to 21 and still maintain that winrate (highly unlikely looking at the meta report) then it's got legs. As Blood Moon is my favourite archetype I'd love to be wrong, but it currently falls off pretty nastily.
  19. I

If Blood Moon ever works as a deck archetype (hard while first light exists), frightener will be a key component for that very reason.
  20. I

Why monster doesn't have any ressurection for Silver Cards?

By which you mean consume was one of the best decks? I mean, Monsters really hasn't ever had more than consume as a top deck for about 8 months. The rise of deathwish has been nice to see, honestly. The resurrection balance was barely affected by the addition of those cards. Sure, other decks...
Top Bottom