Search results

+
  1. K

Letho/Regis

Which is generally why it's a terrible combo taking up two Gold card slots, that could otherwise be filled with something far more reliable. Nobody has massive units on the same row, good players even go out of their way to not overdo 20 points on each row because G:Igni. If you've got a...
  2. K

Big Changes are Coming (Coin Flip, New Faction, Card Names and More)

I remember when 14 points required, ball park, two bronze cards to surpass or a high value silver or Gold. Very few cards that weren't highly situational (i.e. Tremors, Lacerate etc) could pull off 14+ swings, let alone bronze cards. Now you have Agitators that vomit up a Skirmisher or a Guard...
  3. K

Big Changes are Coming (Coin Flip, New Faction, Card Names and More)

Agreed. Balance first, then we can talk adding cards, creating a new meta and such. Adding more cards into an already volatile, unstable and unbalanced meta is not a good idea. UNLESS, CDPR is confident and is aware their new cards will balance things out (although having counters to...
  4. K

Daily Quests Improvements

Reroll daily quests OR starter deck mode I refuse to believe I'm the only one getting tired with this, where you're using a half-baked faction deck that isn't a faction you'd otherwise use, being matched up against those of a higher rank than yourself and/or highly competitive decks in casual...
  5. K

Top streamer and caster M0gwai quits the game until it's fixed

Agreed, I understand why they've opted for coin flip. It's easier. Although expecting whoever goes second to get ahead, then stay ahead, to have any bearing is beyond unreasonable. This is why high tempo decks dominate the meta, they have the best chance to stay ahead if first, and get ahead, if...
  6. K

Ciri nova the queen of Gwent

A Ciri: Nova variant of a Dwarf deck is probably the most broken thing in the meta right now. I'm using a Dragoon+Farseer deck that uses Agitators, Skirmishers and ALL the Dwarf silvers with Ciri: Nova on top, I must say it feels particularly scummy if I win the coin flip with a Dragoon and...
  7. K

Compensation for Midwinter Patch Fail

I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be THAT strong in a run off the mill ST deck. I'd say the problem is that Dwarves can use them both, alongside their already strong silver cards. Rather than hurting the whole ST faction, shifting some power from Dwarf bronzes onto Paulie, then making...
  8. K

Compensation for Midwinter Patch Fail

Cannot express how much I agree with this statement. What makes Dwarves so prevalent is that it's a great deck, that anyone, whether you've bought 300 kegs or are a F2P player, can make. It's a cheap deck that relies heavily on its silver cards, and uses the relatively strong ST golds to push...
  9. K

Will your personality determine which Gwent faction you pick?

I decided on ST and NG because I like the lore behind them. The oppressed races banding together to lash out with a proficiency for magic, and an empire built on backroom, underhand politics. Corrupt to its very core. They also seemed to most fun after reading what their leaders do, spawning a...
  10. K

GWENT: Ask a Dev

Essentially this, does CDPR know what direction they're taking with regards to Gwent? And can we get some insight on this? Originally it began as a highly tactical, mistakes are costly, game that with Midwinter has become more, let people throw out everything and whoever has the highest value...
  11. K

Why Ciri Nova is in the game?

Which is very relevant to what happens in the game itself... It's more: 'DUHDOI I wonnit first now for big glow circle mean I wonnit last. Yay!' Can't think of any finisher that doesn't require some set up or interaction between cards. Except one. Boring.
  12. K

So how much have you spent on Gwent?

Haven't really spent anything. Bought 30 kegs that I remember, and that one time boost pack that I got my Premium Aglais from. Was more than happy, had my eyes set on ST. Had no intention of playing multiple factions, so burned down what I could and I have multiple decks. Mostly all ST minus...
  13. K

Why Ciri Nova is in the game?

Which is a great point. Many finishers rely on previous rounds or multiple cards interactions to be a finisher. Paulie into any combination of Dwarves, for example: Paulie > Barclay > Agitator+Skirmisher/Guard or just Skirmisher. Not only is it 'flashy' but it requires SOME awareness as to...
  14. K

Limit Sweers to a Maximum Number of Copies

Because you made the claim that Sweers works on a lot more than Monsters. This isn't strictly true. It only works on decks that get their power from single cards. Nekkers, being a prime example. Spell'tael decks using Protector. So on, so on. If anything Sweers is its most devastating against...
  15. K

That's a bit of a moot point. Sweers bricks against most match ups, but he does royally screw Spell'tael, Alchemy, Nekkers and even Dwarves (Rarely, can happen, if Brouver throws out his Skirmisher as an early play. Let's you bleed out Brouver and Hattori Round 2, since his Agitators are more...
  16. K

https://gwentup.com/report/18/2 Throughout the MMRs, Consume only has ONE faction that it struggles against. NG. The entirety of the NG faction is the only one where you have a below 50% win rate. You beat everyone else that isn't Eithne. So nerf Sweers, the only thing stopping you from having...
  17. K

Will this game still be in beta by the end of 2018?

It's guessing at this point. We know WHEN CDPR wants the game out of beta, it's a question of whether there'll be delays on that. I think there will be, because there seems to be a sheer lack of direction. They started one direction, then took another in Midwinter, going from an intricate TCG...
  18. K

Because if it's available to every faction, Monsters would be a 100% DEAD faction. Your Wild Hunt archetype is f'ing abysmal. Regardless, there are factionless cards that perform a similar role, such as Villentrentenmeth and G: Igni. Obviously they're not as effective, for good reason. My...
  19. K

Tremors is Broken

And that "bunch of points" is only 20, meanwhile you have bronze cards like VE that'll reliably pull 20. Silver cards like Cranmer and Cynthia. Iorveth: Medi, G:Igni, Schirru and Villentrentenmerth. In any case, at maximum, 20~ points against every meta deck that isn't Dwarves is negligible. If...
  20. K

The mmr won't change in the near future

If you have to play the same amount of games, in half the time... I'm pretty sure that constitutes as more of a grind-fest, than the same amount of games over 2 months.
Top Bottom