Search results

+
  1. Slizzl

Patch Notes 11.9

I would've preferred it if Tamara got a devotion ability that makes her start in your hand. A problem with decks like Witch Hunters is that they are balanced around being powered up by one other card, and if you don't play it early you are screwed.
  2. Slizzl

Patch Notes 11.1

Torres is the perfect example of current Gwent overcomplicating things. The idea seems to have been Strategic Withdrawal in card form, but instead of leaving it at that they removed the NG only condition, added Assimilate, a 4 point body and an entirely separate ability. First of all I don't...
  3. Slizzl

GWENT: Rogue Mage is here!

Cards like Snowdrop require you to shuffle cards back into deck even if you didn't draw anything. This completely kills runs since you end up throwing away cards. This is not how it works in Gwent so I think it's a bug?
  4. Slizzl

Patch Notes 10.7

Just had a match where I somehow managed to force my opponent to use both his Scenarios and both his Amphibious Assaults before a short R3. I figure there's no way I can lose now since my deck is more evenly distributed, but nope, still he manages to shoot out 50+ points on mostly deploy in a...
  5. Slizzl

Simple Braenn rework and Druids

I like the idea of Dryads being sort of opposite to how Vampires work in that they benefit from Vitality instead of Bleeding. But there's still not enough Dryad cards actually benefitting from the Vitality status compared to how many Vampires benefit from Bleeding. The Freixenet rework is a...
  6. Slizzl

Patch Notes 10.7

What is going on with this double Scenario nonsense? At least add more tech options if you're gonna insist on adding cards like this. Or limit it to one Scenario per deck. You can keep pricing Scenarios up all you want people will still make the sacrifice to include them, that is how strong they...
  7. Slizzl

GWENT: Rogue Mage is here!

This is actually really fun. I did not expect much with how CDPR has been downplaying it but I just lost my first run and I loved it. I wanted to save on energy and did not expect Runemage to swing it last turn. That sort of risk-reward factor is kind of interesting. Many cards seem to share...
  8. Slizzl

Patch Notes 10.7

If you absolutely want Veil on Melusine at all times you could always try setting it up with Marlene. Having one card do everything is not a good thing.
  9. Slizzl

Renfri, the New Queen of Gwent

Tactical Decision, Fisher King and some units that draw like Matta or Vicovaro Novice should help get her early. There's also the option to Assire her. And Runemage already synergizes with NG. So this is where I'm thinking she'll shine competitively. I'm sure she'll have some insane combos...
  10. Slizzl

Gwent Black Sun (Expansion) Announced

I'm hoping they will reveal another way to interact with Scenarios. I never found draw Heatwave or just watch points shoot out much fun, which is why I'm not enthusiastic over another Scenario push. I get that deleting an entire Scenario with a cheap Bomb Heaver was too easy but there should be...
  11. Slizzl

Gwent Black Sun (Expansion) Announced

I was really hoping for more Svalblod stuff. I like the idea of units transforming into beasts in order to set up graveyard plays. Pirates could be cool but I feel like the new onslaught can quickly make them broken. It has too much potential.
  12. Slizzl

Patch Notes 10.6

This patch looks great. Good job.
  13. Slizzl

Actual main problems with Gwent [in-depth view]

How did the devs manage to turn Gwent into a coinflip simulator AGAIN? The coinflip issue used to be a fundamental problem with the game which took a very long time before it was finally addressed. Now they seem to be creating cards whose intended purpose is to abuse the coinflip. Just...
  14. Slizzl

Actual main problems with Gwent [in-depth view]

I'm starting to think a few cards should have a "Self-Reveal" tag or some sort of visual indicator your opponent is using them like Sunset Wanderers has. It should be clear when your opponent's deck has Sihil so that you can at least know you should fight for top points by all means necessary.
  15. Slizzl

Patch Notes 10.5

AA into a massive Priestess swing is not difficult. I think this nerf is the wrong approach. Reducing the boost to 2 charges per shuffle seems more logical. Instead of having the entire NR deck manipulation archetype revolve around this one card there should more to it. Disappointed to see SY...
  16. Slizzl

Lockdown Replacement

It does not go below 1 power. So targeting a 3 power unit would only give you 2 points of damage. I should've included a sentence at the bottom stating that. It is a waste of space. NG simply has one leader less than others, it is that useless. Even the devs gave the impression they knew the...
  17. Slizzl

Lockdown Replacement

The Prophet card gave me an idea for a Lockdown replacement. It is sort of a reverse handbuff and a homage to the old reveal archetype while still supporting Spying decks. I think there's enough hand manipulation and thinning these days to effectively counterplay a leader like this. Since it is...
  18. Slizzl

Patch Notes 10.4

Was the goal of this update to make the coinflip even more one-sided??
  19. Slizzl

Patch Notes 10.4

Another SK spamming the same unit over and over and over meta. Yaaaay.
  20. Slizzl

Patch Notes 10.3

There should be a 9 provision Firesworn unit for the new Damnation. Having cards like these just delete themselves at the wrong point range just sucks. A Siegfried Grandmaster card would fit well I think.
Top Bottom