Search results

+
  1. EngryEngineer

Was CP too ambitious?

lol I guess when people lost their minds at a tweet of *beep* it wasn't because CDPR had spent about 5 years not saying anything while speculation ran rampant Then there's stuff like this from a thread aggregating official developer responses which sprang up specifically because all of the...
  2. EngryEngineer

loss of engagement

To be completely fair these aren't really apples to apples comparisons. Skyrim is legitimately a masterpiece of open world design. I'm not sure I can think of any other game that conveys either the sense of scale or the density/life of the world contained in it, and I know I've never encountered...
  3. EngryEngineer

Was CP too ambitious?

I think so, it is just my opinion, I can't guarantee it or anything, but here's my reasoning. This game's campaign was a strange experiment for sure. In some ways they increased transparency, but in others either kept it the same or made it more opaque. I am sure certain things were meant as...
  4. EngryEngineer

Was CP too ambitious?

I don't think it was a matter of ambition. When undertaking a project at this scale, being ambitious, even "too ambitious" is necessary if you want to make it great. You can't figure out how far you can go until you fail to get there. The problem was communication and management of expectations...
  5. EngryEngineer

The Game of Missed Opportunities...

It doesn't matter how long the development actually was, the marketing campaign started on October 19th, 2012, they may have followed that with years of silence, but that was just another marketing failure not excuse. My info is right, sorry I haven't compromised it with bs excuses and apologia.
  6. EngryEngineer

The Game of Missed Opportunities...

Screw the rushed release nonsense, they could have had as much time as they wanted without rushing if they weren't also trying to build hype and give a sense that it is right around the corner for 8 fucking years. These are incompatible strategies.
  7. EngryEngineer

[POLL] V's partner

Claire
  8. EngryEngineer

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

I did get that they were both trying to save each other, and it may be my issues with some social cues, but I feel like it could have been more clear instead of just V calling Johnny a liar or asshole with no elaboration. A few extra words could have really clarified. As far as V intending to...
  9. EngryEngineer

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

I felt bad about the sun ending, but mostly just because I got really confused when choosing. My dream for this version of V was for him to become a virtual being and be with Alt, and it sounded like that was what the two worked out, let Johnny have the rotting meat sack, but then when it came...
  10. EngryEngineer

Players; how old are you? at least in your state of mind.

As of yesterday I'm 39, still get carded when I buy booze, but in my mind I'm much older. I'm not a total curmudgeon, I'm pretty optimistic & love to have fun, but a crazy life has grizzled me a fair bit. At this point in my life I'm just trying to get my farm up and running with some income...
  11. EngryEngineer

Story content you FEEL is missing [spoilers]

I'd love to have content where the Voodoo Boys aren't complete dicks and you can do some cool netrunning stuff with them. It could start with a member hiring you to help with a bloody coup.
  12. EngryEngineer

Feedback on Netrunner Stat Spread?

So for my netrunner I went 20's in int, tech, & cool, that was fantastic, and I rarely used any weapons outside of hacks. I split the remaining points evenly between body and quickness, but I think with int/cool being maxed anything else is viable. If I did it again, I'd probably put everything...
  13. EngryEngineer

Is it me, or does everyone have a raging hardon for romancing Judy?

Yeah but bi/pansexual people exist, so that alone doesn't say too much. I'm fine with her being who she is, I'm just saying you can't fault people for not making the same assumptions you do while society is generally trying to move past making assumptions based on generalizations and...
  14. EngryEngineer

I agree with the first sentence, but her style/mannerisms don't telegraph lesbian to me. Legit I know a ton of lesbians, they vary significantly in aesthetics and such. If I had to assume through generalizations I'd say I know more bi and even straight women that are like Judy than I do...
  15. EngryEngineer

[SPOILERS] Ending and Engram Conciousness

In various conversations you learn that they had been trying to get the prototype to work with I think the phrase was, "psychologically inert" (?) people, ie: dead or brain dead people, but it never worked. I think the implication is that you need a conscious person to host the parasite engram...
  16. EngryEngineer

So you are arguing that the artists/developers should compromise their vision to cater to a portion of the player base?
  17. EngryEngineer

I loved Judy as a character, and on my first playthrough I didn't realize she was a lesbian. During it, a number of characters seemed to encourage me pursuing more than friendship with her, which was weird considering it wasn't an option. That said, I really enjoyed the arc of it all, I was glad...
  18. EngryEngineer

[SPOILER ALERT] Funny story inconsistencies

Two excellent guitarists of equal skill can play the exact same song, and they will sound different. Maybe not so much for the layman but a very serious musician like Kerry would be able to tell. Anyone could learn that song, hell there are probably implants to do the learning for you, but it...
  19. EngryEngineer

Access Points - Where did they go

Do you still have a cyberdeck installed? I'm not meaning to imply anything by that question, I had a moment where I forgot I had installed a berserk implant instead of a cyberdeck and couldn't use an access point because of it.
  20. EngryEngineer

What's Your Favorite Playstyle?

I feel compelled to use stealth and quickhacks, it feels the most fulfilling way for me. That said, My second playthrough has been much more fun, and that is just charging in with a melee weapon, sometimes switching to a pistol or shotgun.
Top Bottom