Search results

+
  1. Silas4179

How Gwent can live normally.

Well, to each their own I suppose. It might retain a few players for a longer time to keep releasing a few more cards, but the game has already given up on balancing and content patches disappeared because they weren't bringing in enough players. With that said, community-designed cards might...
  2. Silas4179

How Gwent can live normally.

This is probably not what you wanted to hear, but a few new cards won't fix Gwent (they can definitely change the meta though) and it certainly won't bring in a ton of new players.
  3. Silas4179

I made an improved forum layout. Install links provided.

I think a menu button just creates unnecessary clicking and delays your ability to take in the navigation list, making page navigation slightly more cumbersome than it needs to be. Also, I'm really just using the empty horizontal space on both sides of the screen to place those buttons, and if I...
  4. Silas4179

Now that Homecoming is finally dead, is there any chance of bringing back pre-HC Gwent?

Been looking around a bit and it looks like a lot of the old Gwent community switched over to Legends of Runeterra (or just plain moved on), which I did too I suppose, but LoR is just not the same... Alas! Does anyone else from time to time spend time wondering about the decks they could've...
  5. Silas4179

I made an improved forum layout. Install links provided.

Hello. Back when CDPR first overhauled their forum, I basically could not stand the new UI (so much unnecessary scrolling...) so I spent an hour or two writing my own userscript to change up the layout to be more convenient and easier on the eyes. Since then, I've made a few minor improvements...
  6. Silas4179

Now that Homecoming is finally dead, is there any chance of bringing back pre-HC Gwent?

Frankly, it's been a disappointment not being able to play Gwent anymore. It is also my understanding that there are people attempting to revive pre-HC Gwent in their own way, while no one is trying to make Homecoming servers, which is also telling, in my view. Personally, I have a lot of deck...
  7. Silas4179

I uninstalled Gwent when Homecoming came out and while I still occasionally theorycraft pre-HC Gwent decks for fun, I have frankly zero interest in playing Homecoming. I know for a fact I'm far from the only one, as there are multiple communities where I've discussed the game and we've all been...
  8. Silas4179

And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

I really wouldn't recommend that sort of rhetoric. Consider the situation here: CDPR: Hey we released a new card game, come check it out! We reserve the right to make changes since this is still a beta, of course, but you can pay money for this and everything. Consumer: Wow, that game seems...
  9. Silas4179

And GWENT is uninstalled... sadly

Are you joking? Sihil artifact spam Eithne was literally the second deck I'd built in an hour or so of starting PTR, just from looking at the cards. (The first deck was Eredin witchers where I fiddled with card advantage from Ciri, then I noticed the hand size limits and giant draws between...
  10. Silas4179

GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is out of beta!

Strong language notwithstanding, ShredAstaire speaks for me also. I'm firmly disappointed and do not see this as a winning move on CDPR's part. You'd be a fool to believe that ShredAstaire is alone in his sentiments.
  11. Silas4179

GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is out of beta!

Must admit I've already uninstalled. The silver lining of this is that in doing so I got rid of GOG Galaxy as well. Homecoming is a severe misnomer for this update. It's simply a different game now.
  12. Silas4179

What decks are you playing during the last day of old Gwent?

40 card decks are definitely going away in Homecoming. The new provision system makes it ruinously expensive to do that.
  13. Silas4179

Which card gave you most victories.

Dimeritium Bomb is just trash in a number of match-ups and you're not even guaranteed to pull it against the decks where it delivers good value. That's why it's unpopular. If you run Dimeritium Bomb you'll probably want cards that improve its consistency too, like Vesemir. There's also Geralt...
  14. Silas4179

Morvran Non-reveal Deck

Fair enough. I guess I tend to consider reveal to be more alchemists, mangonels, that kind of thing, which I consider to be the reveal archetype, and those cards are rather useless in this deck. This deck just uses a single burst of reveal as its opener and setup, and aside from that the only...
  15. Silas4179

Morvran Non-reveal Deck

Hello everyone. I decided to try my hand at making a Morvran deck that doesn't revolve around reveal cards like Vattier de Rideaux, Alchemists, and Mangonels. Instead this deck mostly uses Morvran as a bit of deckthinning and a generally proactive setup to enable its Spotters. So here's what...
  16. Silas4179

Why I think HC is way way better than current Gwent

That's largely because of a follow-the-leader and flavor-of-the-month mentality, though. I've seen it happen in other games too. In Path of Exile when they came up with fork support gems (they made the projectile-shooting skill gem they support spawn 2 projectiles when a projectile hits...
  17. Silas4179

Thronebreaker Gameplay — 37-minute walkthrough

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but the writing just feels cheesy to me and since everything outside the cardgame is the writing... that's a bit of a deal-breaker. Reminds me of Telltale Games and those never appealed to me (also, they're closing down for a reason). Reckon I'd only play...
  18. Silas4179

Fiddling with Ciri: Nova NR

Hello everyone. I fiddled around and made the following deck at the moment: Leader: Radovid Golds: Seltkirk Dandelion: Poet Ciri: Nova Shani Silvers: Nenneke Vesemir Eskel Lambert Roach Alzur's Double Cross Bronzes: 2x Kaedweni Sergeant 2x Siege Tower 2x Reinforced Trebuchet 2x Siege Support...
  19. Silas4179

HC Usurper change suggestion

I didn't say that. I only pointed out Henselt because he was an extreme case of an all-in leader-revolving deck which can flip from Tier 1 to Tier 4 based on whether or not he is going up against Usurper.
  20. Silas4179

HC Usurper change suggestion

If Usurper is your idea of balancing Henselt then you are making a great case for why you would make a bad game balancer. What are you suggesting, everyone else should play Usurper to prevent Henselt CK? And this will make the game better?
Top Bottom