Search results

+
  1. DankTemplar

I quit vs NG and here's why

It's not about balance, it's about how NG are the anithisis of fun. They're literally designed around denying everything the opponent does unless you run Solider spam. In that case only half your deck can be dedicated to removal and locks vs the normal 3/4 of your deck being dedicated to it...
  2. DankTemplar

Incentives needed to play various decks & leader abilities

I never said hidden cache was healthy for the game, clearly it isn't - not the way it currently is anyhow. Lockdown is a griefing commander ability that's not viable at all. It exists solely to deny the other player's ability to play the game. Color me crazy but that's a really, really stupid...
  3. DankTemplar

Incentives needed to play various decks & leader abilities

Just buff the under used commander abilities via provision increase, provided they aren't oppressive or anti-fun by nature, like the NG "No leader abilities for you" one, stuff like that needs to stay not viable and bad because it's not healthy for the game.
  4. DankTemplar

It also frustrates people. Control is good and healthy but when you cram so much control into one faction that you're no longer really playing the game and instead are just throwing (hopefully) tall units on the board that might as well not have any abilities...the game becomes very stagnant and...
  5. DankTemplar

You have completely destroyed your game, CDPR

I'd rather face a million Hidden Cache decks than 5 NG decks. At least I get to play the game when SY is doing their thing. NG just prevent you from doing everything so even if I win, it's not fun at all. Can't speak for Lippy SK...is that deck making a comeback? Last time it was broken was when...
  6. DankTemplar

Gwent the syndicate cardgame

Yeah it needs some serious provision nerfs.
  7. DankTemplar

That's an entirely different beast and SY's Phillipa is massively imbalanced, nevermind doing stuff like using Wild Card to Fisstech poison nuke+Borsodi for your final turn. 1586118382 Thanks for letting the thread slide for now! It sucks when your topics get buried in a thread nobody cares...
  8. DankTemplar

NG have too many control options compared to everyone else. By a massive margin. While this might fit thematically, I find vsing NG to be frustrating, not fun and tempts me to quit the game for this reason. Do I think NG is imba? Not really but when you theme a faction around pissing your...
  9. DankTemplar

I think Gwent is imbalanced. Devs need to listen more.

Awesome discussion! Thanks for keeping it civil everyone!
  10. DankTemplar

All I want to see at this point is the dev team consider that maybe they need to develop each faction equally per expansion and start taking away a few of the NG control tools/stop the abuse of re-using gold cards/leader abilities since they're causing balance issues with pre HC-style tempo plays.
  11. DankTemplar

NR is infuriating to play with - any suggestions for midrange control and points

I'd suggest looking at my Magic n' Missiles thread, I have a pretty solid deck there that runs off of 2 engines (siege and archers) and has lots of removal+crazy op combos like Syanna+Vernon for a 5 card turn or searching out Siege for round 3 with Pincer Maneuver. It can be fine tuned for any...
  12. DankTemplar

I'd say the lore more or less dictates the thematic element of design but it's not really linked to balance. Yen and Triss do totally different things in Gwent, one doesn't really beat the other because Gwent isn't about Triss or Yen being more powerful, it's about their contributions to an...
  13. DankTemplar

With Tridam, it's the double whammy of boosting while removing. It's why NR Archers aren't inherently imba, because they only take away points, they don't build up as they do it. I don't mind removal, that's fine and healthy for the game. My problem is some factions have too much of it. NG...
  14. DankTemplar

Because that's entirely irrelevant to Gwent and because I don't play TCGs for the same reason I don't play Warhammer 40k the table top game; they cost way, way, waaaaay too much money to get into competitively.
  15. DankTemplar

Mages 'n Missiles: A Siege n' Breach deck

Welcome to my seemingly competitive deck! This doesn't renly on too many gimmicks while being full of...magic 'n missiles. Enjoy the engines of destruction for they are a little imbalanced! Leader Ability: Pincer Maneuver Gold Cards: Siege Vernon Roche Syanna Phillipa: Blind Fury Royal...
  16. DankTemplar

I am going to preface and say that I'm sure that the dev team for Gwent are amazing people and employees so this is not a personal attack of any sort...this is, however, critique of what I consider a laughably lousy job at balancing the game. Why do I consider Gwent's balance so bad? Because...
  17. DankTemplar

Northern Realms Alliance - Archers 'n Infantry - Control-based, consistent NR with huge power plays

Screw Siege Engines and gimmicky Scenario Artifacts. Archers 'n Infantry are where it's at! Leader Ability: Pincer Manuver Gold Cards: Portal Vernon Roche Syanna Royal Decree Tainted Ale (tech card) Donimir of Troy Anna Strenger Bronze Cards: Temerian Drummer x2 Alzur's Thunder x2...
  18. DankTemplar

Please Nerf the Nilfgaard - it's way too imbalanced

There's also precedent for how Cahir should work in the form of Bonded Sly Seductress, if you play a special card that kills one of the Sly Seductresses, the Sly Seductress boost doesn't apply until after the special card has resolved, so a 4 damage special card can kill a Sly Seductress before...
  19. DankTemplar

What is "game balance", in a cardgame like Gwent - OP cards, comboes, balance etc is NOT the main thing

It's only easier said than done if you've no experience with things such as statistical analysis and have no experience with CCGs/TCGs. Want a great, recent example of a combo that's completely unreasonable? Syanna+Vernon is a 4 card power play that can either be done in 1 turn with Pincer...
  20. DankTemplar

Letho (Kingslayer) is under-provisioned

You could easily, easily argue that Enslave leader ability is also broken and that NG's general package is over developed in general. Your typical NG deck has so much control loaded into it that unless you're SY and open Igor+Azar, even Defender status isn't going to help much, if at all...
Top Bottom