Search results

+
  1. Atalvyr

Euros called "eddies"?

I'm not sure that is correct. As far as I can search out, it was always just "Euro". An "Eurodollar" in the real world is a term for a deposit of US Dollar currency held by a European bank. Similarly there are "Euroyen", "Eurorubles" and so forth.
  2. Atalvyr

Euros called "eddies"?

Basically the Cyberpunk universe "branches off" from our universe sometime around the 1980's. In the Cyberpunk universe the EEC created "Eurodollars" as their common currency and it went on to become the global standard. In our universe, the EU created the Euro, which has yet to supplant the...
  3. Atalvyr

Which district did you like the best ?

Badlands - because it is the one "district" where you get to cruise in your sweet ride for long enough to hear an entire tune, without crashing into something. :cool:
  4. Atalvyr

Night City is too peaceful.

When would random "civilians" use their guns though? They can't shoot the gangs, as that would just invite reprisal. That leaves random non-gang thugs. If you get stopped on the street by a non-gang thug with a gun pointed at you, are you going to try to quick-draw on him or are you just going...
  5. Atalvyr

Night City is too peaceful.

Night City might be a crime infested hellhole with a sky-high death rate, but it is not the Purge. The intro sequence mentions a murder rate of around 30 in a day as being "sturdy". That would put it around twice the rate of the worlds currently most dangerous city, Tijuana. A vast majority if...
  6. Atalvyr

Why people have a right to criticize CD PROJEKT RED?

To be honest, I see far more people getting jumped for daring to say they like the game than for saying it is trash. At launch, maybe the fan-brigade was more omnipresent, but now hating CP2077 is the norm and basically a meme.
  7. Atalvyr

At least two deleted gigs and a possible braindance video are still in the games code

Investigating braindances is criminally underused as it stands. They should definitely add more of that back in where it fits.
  8. Atalvyr

Suppressors and scopes

For some attachments like mods, crafting seems to work pretty well. You get a common crafting spec and from there have a chance to craft up to epic level variants if your level is high enough. In general there should be a more consistent way to get crafting specs, so we can craft more of the...
  9. Atalvyr

Is it me, or does everyone have a raging hardon for romancing Judy?

I'm romancing Panam and it is a really sweet and lovingly writting romance, as good as any I have seen in games before. If Judy is seriously even better, then I might just have to make a second character just to experience that!
  10. Atalvyr

Cyberpunk 2077 versus Watch Dogs, GTA and Mafia

The "information" added to NPCs in Watch Dogs is wholly auto-generated for the occasion from a static list of characteristics. It would not be too big a task to make a couple of .txt files with "Hobbies" and "Vices" to pluck from randomly when scanning an NPC. They are purely for flavor in Watch...
  11. Atalvyr

This game is worse Quality graphic >:0 Even on 3090 !

I don't know what is happening with the OP, but my 3070 looks better than that running 4k@60 on mostly medium with RT lighting and DLSS.
  12. Atalvyr

You work for the police too much in this game

There are also non-marked stuff going on in the world. They don't trigger "quests" as such, but I have found several little scenarios playing out that I would not have seen if not for exploring between missions.
  13. Atalvyr

PC patching to 1.05 issue

Yup. I could not apply the patch either after like 5 tries, so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Now it is version 1.05 and luckily I have not had any of the issues other people have been posting about with the new patch.
  14. Atalvyr

Regarding difficulty, come on, what is this tech snipers headshot through everything choom?

Right now we have a lot of combat options that feel overpowered. Shooting through walls is not any more OP than smart snipers killing everyone without you having to leave cover. Nor is it more OP than quick hacks via. Ping plus combat hacks that spread and murder entire enemy bases. This could...
  15. Atalvyr

Looter shooter mechanics were a mistake

Before release we had a thread many pages long with people complaining that if the bra did not have stats like a bulletproof jacket, CDPR would be taking away their freedom to wear what they want, as they would have to look at stats as well when choosing clothing. Now we have tank tops with the...
  16. Atalvyr

Dismemberment???

For me, sniper rifles consistently remove heads on headshots. My katana also causes limbs to go flying everywhere, though I must admit I am not "aiming" carefully enough with it to determine if it is the parts I'm hitting that are getting lopped off. :shrug:
  17. Atalvyr

crazy idea here but maybe cyberware and iconic weapons should scale with player level (ie upgrade automatically)

Having some way for crafters to hunt for the specs they want would also be welcome. Refreshing vendors gets tedious. Also, some guns don't have iconic versions, which kinda sucks. Personally I want to rock an iconic Quesar, but sadly none seem to excist.
  18. Atalvyr

Did any employee of CDPR acknowledge/respond yet to gameplay issues/missing features?

The police stuff was mentioned in the investor call as something they wanted to fix specifically. It was referred to as a bug, which sounds unlikely, unless some errant line of code somehow de-activate the entire police AI routine.
  19. Atalvyr

All weapons non-lethal

Did you install the cybewear add-on that makes all weapons non-lethal? Its a blue piece of gear that drops from Maelstrom a lot called "Target Analysis" or something like that.
  20. Atalvyr

Night City quite immersive and alive

I actually agree with the OP. There are lots of little things going on when you travel around the city, much like in RDR2. I've stumbled on random shakedowns by gang members, a block party with booming stereos and gangers dancing with regular citizens, a police blockade and various minor...
Top Bottom