Search results

+
  1. duracell1955

Changes to the Balance Council

What objective evidence (not just opinion) is there to support the notion that the ability to win games is proportionate to the ability (or willingness) to effectively balance cards? Everyone has their own skills when it comes to balancing cards, mine are unaffected by the number of wins I have...
  2. duracell1955

Would it be possible to see the level of participation in the Balance Council and how the changes to voting qualification will affect it? Apologies if this information is already in the public domain but I feel that it's important that the player base feels able to contribute to the game going...
  3. duracell1955

I view the change to the voting requirements with dismay. I do not believe that it will result in a 'better' distribution of votes, only that it will exclude players who have a legitimate interest in the game being able to vote. It's my opinion that the person who creates their own decks and...
  4. duracell1955

Balance Council FAQ—What is it? How to use it?

Thanks for the advice. I checked as you suggested and then tried re-submitting with only three votes and still received the same message. 1698650880 Successful voting today, same cards submitted as previously.
  5. duracell1955

Is anyone else having problems voting? I meet the voting requirements and can complete the voting selection but when I submit I get a message that 'there was a problem - your votes were not submitted'. I have tried to vote five times now over the last couple of days and there are only two days...
  6. duracell1955

BC: Buffs 'n' Nerfs, Nerfs 'n'Buffs

Thanks for starting this thread, it might be useful if we had a new one for every month to provide focus on the next round of changes. Personally I view the basis for card games to be that each player takes a turn to play one card. That was pretty much how Gwent started but now I can play a...
  7. duracell1955

I did consider the potential downsides before making my suggestion. It was my considered opinion that the potential benefits outweighed the potential disadvantages. I felt that the potential for increasing the current player base was a benefit, as was tapping the expertise of the experienced...
  8. duracell1955

The Balance FAQ makes reference to the Gwent community. In my view that community is made up of individuals who have played the game, not only recently but over the years that it has been available. The player base is smaller now than it has been previously, and from some comments I have seen...
  9. duracell1955

The Holy Grill/Grind

I've just completed the Summer Cycle. I created new decks every day to fit in with what was required, occasionally using scraps to change the quest. Completing quests gave me the chance to obtain some of the resources I wanted, and it was good to play games without the necessity to win to get...
  10. duracell1955

What is your "playstyle" or reason to play gwent?

I've been playing Gwent for over three years. I enjoy the mental challenge of pitting my wits against an opponent, even at my advanced age. I used to play a lot more years ago than I do now largely because the game has changed so much. In the early days cards were not so overpowered and in a...
  11. duracell1955

GOG Galaxy updating issue

I've had the same problem. The auto update doesn't work and I get the 'problem with updating' message. I'm directed to download from GOG site and I've completed the download but then get a message that there was a file missing so the installation failed. This happens every time and I've given...
  12. duracell1955

When you can mod the game, what will you want to do?

Get back to basics. I enjoyed playing Gwent more when I started than I do now, it was also more accessible to the new player. So ideally I'd like a starter mode where only Base Set cards and mechanics could be used. This would remove much of what has diminished the appeal of the game and give...
  13. duracell1955

The way for CDPR to not drop our favorite game.

It is probable that the decision to reduce game support has been made on a financial basis, therefore any proposals to maintain the game should be similarly supported. I've been playing Gwent for almost four years. In that time the game has changed significantly, and the changes haven't all...
  14. duracell1955

Bearly sane mode this week

If I lose a Bearly Balanced match it's usually because my opponent has outplayed me. If I lose a match on ladder it's often because my opponent has a better deck. So I'm looking forward to the next Bearly Balanced seasonal and playing much less on ladder in the meantime.
  15. duracell1955

Bearly sane mode this week

A battle of wits rather than a battle of decks. Thank you CDPR.
  16. duracell1955

Gwent Suggestion - Year of the Nerf

There are comments in this thread which are put much better than I could express, so I won't go into any details, but I'd like to say that although I'm retired now, I was a Chartered Engineer in my working life and spent a good chunk of my career in equipment, process and systems design. It's...
  17. duracell1955

Gwent Overview (& Rant) 2022

In my particular case the development of the game has changed me from a largely 'Type A' player to a largely 'Type B' player. To elaborate, I've been playing Gwent for more than three years. When I started I made all my own decks, I didn't even consider copying someone elses deck. I evolved...
  18. duracell1955

how many games and how long you are playing Gwent daily?

I'm retired so probably have more time on my hands than most. I've been playing Gwent for three years now and probably average two or three games per day. If I'm having a particularly bad time at Gwent I play less and if there's a seasonal I particularly like such as Patience is a Virtue I...
  19. duracell1955

People that are older than the gaming generation

I'm 66 years old. I was given my first board game at the age of 5 and collected and played many such games in my childhood and early youth, I enjoyed the strategy aspects of the games. I played my first arcade game at the age of 18 and played them from time to time after that, however in the...
  20. duracell1955

A restructure to widen Gwent's appeal

I started playing Gwent 2.5 years ago. When I looked at the game for the first time I saw that there were over 100 cards and a handful of mechanics which were integral to the game and decided that I'd like to try it. I had a reasonable expectation of being able to collect all the cards which...
Top Bottom