Search results

+
  1. R

Ciri vs. The Crones

Greetings - So I'm battling the Crones as Ciri and having no luck. The Magic Amulet is useless under ground I guess, and while Blink is helpful, I can't put all three down before dying. Ciri has no food to eat, Swallow to drink, etc. Anyone have any successful strategies to share? Thank you!
  2. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Excellent! Thanks, Draconifors. Gonna supercharge a few blades for specific foes now!
  3. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Greetings - Does anyone know if effects stack? For example, if I find a sword with an inherent +50% Sign Intensity, then add 3 Greater Veles runestones (+5% Sign Intensity each), do I now have +65% Sign Intensity? That would seem to make sense, but I'd like some confirmation. Thank you!
  4. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Greetings - Stuck on the Gargoyle Contract in TW2 and would appreciate any help. I did not do the first rune room when I came into Loc Muinne with Iorveth because ... one of the guides said I could get it later and to press on. Well, the first room is inaccessible from the market and I'm...
  5. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Thanks for the quick reply, Draconifors. I'm playing Witcher 2, and I found it that's the Adrenaline indicator. All good now. :)
  6. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Greetings All - I'm not sure what happened, but I now have a new element in my HUD. It's a long bar, similar to the vitality bar, with a portion on the right filled with a sickly green and ending with a lightning bolt in a circle. Any idea what this signifies? Looking forward to your reply...
  7. R

Issues loading saves / beginning a new game TW2

Thanks for the quick reply, SigilFey. Did Windows 10 update recently? Hoho. It seems like every week there's something new. But, not since the last time played it, no. The path you specify is ...\Documents\Witcher 2\ on my machine (no "The"), and the permissions on that folder...
  8. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Greetings - I've had Witcher 2 crash a few times today. Whether I select a new game or a previously saved one, it loads to the splash screen and then dumps me back into Windows. I'm reinstalling it now, but any ideas what's going on? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!
  9. R

Issues loading saves / beginning a new game TW2

Greetings - My Witcher 2 game just ... stopped today. I can't start a new game or load a previously saved one. My installation on my "backup" machine works just fine, so clearly something went kaput on my main machine's installation. When I select new/load game, i get the splash screen and...
  10. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Greetings - Is there a list somewhere of which mats can be bought and sold and from whom? I noticed in the description for Cocatrice Feathers for example, that they can neither be bought nor sold, while other items indicate a buy/sell price, though not who the merchants might be. Thanks!
  11. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Greetings All - Is there a way to skip all the splash screens when starting the game? Some way to get to the Load Previous Game screen without mashing the ESC key 3-4 times to get to it? Even a little batch file would be helpful. Thanks!
  12. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Thanks for the quick reply, SigilFrey and sorry for the late response. I thought I'd set it to "email me me when someone posts a reply" but apparently not. Will have to check. I'm playing Witcher One, Enhanced Edition/Director's Cut. Like I said, this has to do with Declan Leuvaarden's...
  13. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Greetings again - Still working on getting my minimum posts up, and I totally understand about working to prevent bots from swamping. I can't get past the Messenger in the Hairy Bear. I've read to get him drunk ( 5 weak beers does it), but he still tells me to "shove off" when I ask (or...
  14. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Ok, the questions are coming fast and furious now. <g> Can I get back to the Outskirts once I enter Vizima? I assume so, but I want to be sure as I have unfinished business out here. Thanks!
  15. R

Poker Dice Extra Sets in Inventory

Thanks for the quick reply, Hayashi. I guess it only matters if the slots are finite and you need them for further quest items.
  16. R

Game-breaking bug

This isn't an actual game breaker I'm sure, but I can't for the life of me find these "influential residents of the Outskirts" needed for the Witcher contract quest. I feel like I've run the circle a dozen times and talked with everyone. Clearly I'm missing something here. Any suggestions?
  17. R

Poker Dice Extra Sets in Inventory

Is there any "trash can" that these can be dumped in? How about just dropping them on the floor or place them in storage somewhere? Something I'll have to try.
  18. R

Welcome Thread [Archive]

Greetings All - Long time gamer, first time Witcher and loving it so far. Getting stuck in some of the Outskirts quests, and look forward to being able to post my questions. Everyone have fun! 1593091020 Well, I feel like an idiot. lol. Lost track of where this thread was posted replies all...
Top Bottom