Search results

+
  1. M

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

I think the problem many people have is that this choice basically ruins every connection the player has made with other characters in the story. The two years coma feels like an artificial plot device to force a negative spin on this ending, for the sake of what? People have been asking since...
  2. M

[Spoiler-free] What content does Phantom Liberty add outside of Dogtown?

Interesting question, and I wish somebody could drop more hints. I'll play PL only once a couple of patches will drop instead of rushing through it. In the meantime, I'm wondering if CDPR managed to add new locations outside of Dogtown. There's still a lot of space to be used in the badlands...
  3. M

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Truth to be told, all The Witcher 3 endings contained bitter-sweet elements, even the "good" ones. At least somebody made a mod where everyone comes to stay to your house in Toussaint. What we need is a similar mod for Cyberpunk, something like you get the nice penthouse (already done) and...
  4. M

Level scaling ruins the game

Level scaling in an RPG is as bad as the dreaded "rubber band AI" in a racing game. With the pretext of providing a constant challenge, the game tries to adapt every single encounter to the player level. This works for a fast paced action or arcade game, where the entire gaming experience is a...
  5. M

7 months in... And still no real major updates.

I managed to complete all side quests and missions dodging any showstopper bug (eh, Bethesda games veteran...) with game running on 1-0-1.06 on PC. Honestly, I don't think this game has anymore to say. Side quests are all too similar, story, C&C, are bland, in game mechanics are deeply flawed...
  6. M

Uggh. So this is improved? [NPC Clones]

Top priority for CDPR has been returning on the PSN store. that means optimizing for a machine with plain HDD and 8 slow cores. For some bizzarre reason, however, also the PC version suffered. I remember with V.104 I had fewer issues like meshes and LOD pop-ups, texture mip-maps switching too...
  7. M

We must give CDPR time the problems are in RED ENGINE

This is something most people here who say 'have faith in CDPR' don't seem to grasp. Even if it were polished to perfection, it's the kind of game you play 1-2 times and then move on. The lack of a powerful editor also precludes the chances to put all that vast open world to good use with mods.
  8. M

The development may need more time, but how many out there care to give more time? There's 14M of people who spent money, invested their time in playing, made up their mind about the game. Most of them already moved on. With games taking 100GB on hard disk, nowadays you just don't leave a game...
  9. M

There are currently more than 2 times the number of people playing The Wither 3 in Steam than those playing Cp2077. CDPR can eventually fix the software issues and optimize the engine (though, at least on PC, every new patch since 1.04 brought a downgrade in graphics) but the essence of the...
  10. M

This is a gonk

Ah, we have an estimator of Magritte's artworks, I see :) In reference to the pain comment, above, I would like to point out that pain is part of the learning process on avoiding dangers. Toddlers fall when they learnt to walk, they bumps everywhere because they're still learning to coordinate...
  11. M

CTHULHU a car with a story

Don't know. I quit playing with patch 1.06 (never installed any subsequent patch, as I managed to dodge all the game breaking bugs with lot of patience and tons of savegames)
  12. M

CTHULHU a car with a story

One of the best designs, unfortunately it also has one of the worst handling (God bless the better cars MODs!)
  13. M

Lets talk about Q1 sales, multiplayer, quittings and media rumor mill

Unfortunately nowadays media live selling hype, not news or information. Before the release date, the media were all screaming "OMG, game of the century!", now it's a different tune: "OMG, CDPR is in deep trouble". We should not believe either, because anything coming out of the media these...
  14. M

There is currently 20 jobs offers for cyberpunk...

Why people still pursue a career in gaming development is really beyond me. And I say this as somebody who played videogames since 1982, know several programming languages and content creation tools, has been a modder since the '90s and -at some point of his life- also sought a career in gaming...
  15. M

Q1 Earnings call summary and speculation

Post above from ya1 describes very well the situation from a less 'rose tinted' angle. I would only add that, in addition to number of copies sold, also the price at which these copies are sold matters. As I said before, reputation of CP2077 is unfortunately so tarnished that even people holding...
  16. M

Q1 Earnings call summary and speculation

Funny that you mention, but GTAV is possibly more RPG than CP2077 will ever be. CP2077 is some kind of open world looter shooter with a story stitched to it. Definition asides, numbers do tell us something: people moved on and I wouldn't count on any spectacular comeback. Even those who are...
  17. M

Mass Effect 5

The outlook is bleak on that one too :( The rumor mill says DA4 will be Anthem with swords and, matter of fact, it's being developed by the same group of developers who created Anthem. It seems EA won't let Bioware die peacefully after it has abused its brand and IPs in the worst possible way...
  18. M

The director of the Witcher 3 and CP2077 has left CD Projekt Red

Well, yes and no. :) The single biggest mistake CDPR made was to chase the likes of Bethesda and Rockstar on an unknown ground. Over confidence and ambition. In case of Bioware, everything that followed EA acquisition is more a case of not knowing how to properly put into good use a very...
  19. M

6 month game retrospective...lets talk

So, what are the chances that we'll see something from CDPR to 'celebrate' the six months since the debut? No new patches, no free DLCs nor paid ones. And Sony still refuses to allow CP2077 back on its store. :shrug: At this point, most of the disappointment shifted from the state of the game...
  20. M

GIG: Goodbye Night City, But I didn't kill him

Dumping body in containers doesn't normally count as kill; I never received rep points for it, only stealth points. I'm speaking from experience (at least with patch 1.06 - I never updated my game to later patches). I've completed all the missions and my style is always to 'clean' the scene by...
Top Bottom