Search results

+
  1. DKDArtagnan

Frame generation stuttering on Ryzen CPUs

7800x3D + 4090 here - and I have the same issue. I also had the issue with my 5950x CPU before I upgraded, by the way. Capping the framerate does work and I didn't have to set it to half my expected frame rate, I just capped it using NVCP. With 4K and everything maxed out, including Path...
  2. DKDArtagnan

FPS Drops when opening Map

I don't know what others can see, but I can only see allocation :) Certainty is a strange thing. Let's call it intuition, then. This problem starts happening after VRAM allocation is raised - which is a pretty strong indicator that usage is increasing as well. The extreme stuttering and...
  3. DKDArtagnan

Are you looking at VRAM allocation or usage? Now, I haven't found a way to look at actual usage - I can only guestimate based on allocation. I use W11 performance monitor for that. A game can allocate identical amounts of VRAM without actually using identical amounts. Many games will allocate...
  4. DKDArtagnan

I didn't say the map had a different resolution - I said elements of the UI, most specifically your character/inventory screen. In 1.31 and past versions - your character/weapons/gear were displayed in the non-upscaled DLSS resolution (as in, a lower resolution than the rest of the game if you...
  5. DKDArtagnan

It doesn't "degrade over time" - it escalates. Meaning, you will get closer and closer to the ceiling on max settings - depending on where you are in the game and what you're doing. Some areas and activities seem to take up more memory - and, at some point, you will reach the ceiling for the...
  6. DKDArtagnan

I'm not suggesting they roll back the map & inventory system? :) I'm saying they should revert the resolution change to what it was (UNTIL they figure out how to properly clean up memory usage). It used to be that the asset resolution in the UI/inventory was the non-upscaled DLSS resolution. As...
  7. DKDArtagnan

They're aware of it, sure :) They said that a month ago too - and it's trivial to fix if they'd just bring back the 1.31 UI resolution state. I know, because I played that version extensively and never had a VRAM issue. I'm sure it'll get fixed eventually - but the game is nearly unplayable at...
  8. DKDArtagnan

Once again (in case you're actually reading what I'm writing) - that's because RT is extremely expensive in terms of VRAM. It's something like 1GB - which is HUGE when you only have 8GB. I've played ~100 hours with full RT (all settings maxed, including psycho lighting) in a lower resolution...
  9. DKDArtagnan

Yes I'm certain. The issue escalates over time and will eventually reach the ceiling on max settings unless you have more than 10GB of VRAM (3090, 3080 ti, etc.) At this point, the game will start using shared memory instead of dedicated GPU memory = severe FPS drops and expanded stuttering...
  10. DKDArtagnan

No, I know it does. Maybe check the rest of the thread. I explained this in detail previously.
  11. DKDArtagnan

If you want to blame Nvidia for CDPR creating an issue with the UI VRAM usage that wasn't there before - I guess that's your choice.
  12. DKDArtagnan

FSR 2.0

There's one advantage to FSR over DLSS: You don't get flickering artifacts in texture seams based on my testing. Even with Quality DLSS - you can see a TON of flickering artifacts in texture seams (like the lines between road sections) - and you can even see some of these artifacts at the head...
  13. DKDArtagnan

Memory on 3080 and 3070 is definitely a bit of a joke - but this issue is hardly on Nvidia. There's no way this game should require 10GB with Performance DLSS settings. No other game I've played needs anywhere near that much memory. This VRAM issue occurred after CDPR decided to display the...
  14. DKDArtagnan

Perk: Shoot, Reload, Repeat doesn't always trigger. Bug or intended?

My suggestion for a fix: Instead of "Reload speed for 4 seconds upon defeating an enemy" make it "Next reload after defeating an enemy" - which would essentially be identical - as the 4 seconds are so short anyway. I hope CDPR cares about this perk :)
  15. DKDArtagnan

I think I figured it out, actually. It works if you kill an enemy BEFORE you start reloading - which will depend on the distance. If it's far away - you will start reloading before you actually hit the enemy (and kill him/her) - and therefore the speed increase won't trigger. The Ashura can take...
  16. DKDArtagnan

RTX reflections are all blurry and broken on 2070 Super

That's normal for RT reflections in CP2077, textures get very blurry when the road is wet - and in other instances. I don't know why - but I assume it's some kind of performance saving compromise.
  17. DKDArtagnan

Do You Think Cyberpunk 2077 (as of now) is an Immersive Sim game?

While it's not the first thing I'd call it, it's definitely closer to games like Deus Ex than most other genres. To me, it plays mostly like an open world Deus Ex - which is kinda my dream game. It's not perfect - and it still has some bugs and balance issues (particularly how netrunning is...
  18. DKDArtagnan

For some reason, I can't get this perk to trigger consistently. It seems to work with Submachine guns - but only works some of the time with the Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle. I'm 100% certain I'm killing the enemies with it - but it only triggers around half the time. Is this a bug - or is there...
  19. DKDArtagnan

On Very Hard: Why do I feel so powerful as a netrunner? Bugged Netrunners?

I can imagine :) It would make sense if they had to witness the hack or be in close proximity - and enemy netrunners should be more aggressive with revealing. It shouldn't just be every time you deal X amount of damage. It's way too predictable and easy to overcome. Then again, I guess making...
  20. DKDArtagnan

On Very Hard: Why do I feel so powerful as a netrunner? Bugged Netrunners?

It would be much better if it was a random enemy, though - as that would make stealth killing with Quickhacking much less predictably easy. If I have to find the person trying to hack me first, it's harder. Also, why are enemy netrunners not reacting to their people being hacked? Seems to me...
Top Bottom