Search results

+
  1. FlorettaV

Autosave made graphic stutter :0 . excuse me, How to disable it.

Hey there cheesecake. I think we're going to need to some more information: - What are your systems specifications? - Does this happen at every autosave? - Do you care about autosaves? Cheers, PS. Are NY cheesecakes better than others? 1608865137
  2. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

This is an amazing reply. I had hoped the max size change was just part of the full fix, and I am really happy to see CDPR going out of their way to post their actual thought and action process in this forum post. It helps me understand and see that there is more in the works. And to have...
  3. FlorettaV

Crafting System need to be changed and save file need a increase fix

Just to be really clear here. - Save files cannot become corrupted anymore *due to save size limit*. The save size limit was removed. - Already corrupted save files *due to save size limit* will never be able to be restored.
  4. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

I am happy to see a removed save file size limit. I like that they noted it doesn't restore already corrupted saves. I am a bit anxious as to what is going to happen to save files that now increase unlimited with no actual changes to bloating. Though, to be clear: I am not angry about this...
  5. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Did also receive a response to the ticket I sent in: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/save-files-are-corrupted.11052596/page-52#post-12525050
  6. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

It would be nice to figure out which parts are easier to compress/compress more. I can imagine that either the items or the actual game state are easier to compress and could therefor take more actual space. Though in the end I think it's to be expected that, when you are using a limited buffer...
  7. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Hey there peoples :D Just hopped in here to say I did receive a short but reassuring reply on the ticket I sent in. There you go! :) Some appreciation to everyone here doing their bits to get this attention and to get this problem as clear as we possibly can. And a "We know and are looking...
  8. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Aaah right! Gotcha! :D We're on the same line again then. Yes, you can still read the files :D And I didn't know about the loading. That's good to know, thanks.
  9. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

I've been fidgetting with my save files, including save files that I wilfully brought to the point of no return. I think you can safely call the files corrupt. How corrupt depends on how much you're over the limit. As you said; The buffer simply stops at 8MB and drops everything that's coming...
  10. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

No. The 8MB isn't the primary problem. Not in my opinion atleast. The problem is that savegames retain data that should've been purged. Bloating. Savegames are filled with air. That's why 8MB's can be reached. If there were no bloating, then I've got a hard time believing you'd actually hit the...
  11. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Don't confuse relation. Duping is definitely related. It's just not the only relation.
  12. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

It's definitely in here. Yes. haha. No matter what you do. Items *will* bloat your save file. There seem to be some pointers that either selling or dropping items purge a little bit more data, but it's pretty much neglectable. So. No there is no real way to reduce your save file size. It will...
  13. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

We've done a lot of testing. All items gathered will take up data that either doesn't fully get purged or doesn't get purged at all. Now items themselves don't take up that much space, but if you craft enough your save is going to fill itself up. I made a summary post a while ago and have been...
  14. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

There is none. That is the problem.
  15. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Back-ups are rarely bad practice. It really depends on how you play the game. If you craft tons, the best advice is to save plenty. The problem is once you go over the 8MB limit, it'll save a corrupt file. So all your saves that are smaller than 8MB will still work. It's just that you lose all...
  16. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Haven't read all posts yet, but just to simplify it; Have you tried changing the max to 1MB and then saving a game that's bigger than 1MB? Because that's where it screws up. It should create a 1MB buffer, fill that with data and skip everything that's beyond the 1MB. That should save a file...
  17. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

No corrupted saves can't be restored back to useable saves. It uses a buffer to create save data. The buffer stops at 8MB and will skip any data that follows. Which means it's saving a broken file. If they increase the size it'll only impact users that are going to exceed 8MB after that...
  18. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Well, yes. I honestly think the limit itself stemmed from an early version of the engine when 8MB was a lot. Though do note, when my save file reaches 8.190KB it takes about 30 seconds to actually get to the loading screen. We've pointed out (and I ahve in a ticket as well) that there is an...
  19. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Yeah, I think that's about expected. After that, if you don't craft, it won't increase much more. I got a 6.2 and my map was preeeetty much empty. (of symbols. Might've missed the occassional street obviously). I'm fairly certain that if you don't craft, it'd be near impossible to reach 8MB.
  20. FlorettaV

Save files are corrupted

Honestly? If they're going to simply increase the save file size... Like my parents aaaalways said: "We're not angry. We're just veeery disappointed, Floretta. Very disappointed indeed". That is not a fix at all. By how much? 4MB? double it? And then hope future expansion, more items, more...
Top Bottom