Search results

+
  1. Neurojack

CDPR: Free DLC early 2021

Honestly, by looking at this thread, I'm getting more and more convinced that focusing so much on quality and catering to the player base so much, as CDPR is known for, is a terrible mistake from the business side of things, because you get so very little in return. There is a reason why EA or...
  2. Neurojack

How many of you have dev experience or studied CS?

Its a very low standard usually, friend - but consider that it depends entirely on the game. RPGs as a genre can become very complex in fact. There are so many objects, interactions with NPCs, events, etc. With such a high number of areas where there is potential for trouble, anything can go...
  3. Neurojack

To fix many of the problems, it won't be needed to make radical changes to the engine. Police for example, can be scripted differently. Its just a bit of code work, I guess. The loot system and game balance can also be worked on the same way, even the driving physics model is lines of code. Only...
  4. Neurojack

Its likely that the game get better and deeper with time. As I said before, extra content, new gameplay features will minimize the problems and build upon the strengths of the game. CP2077 is clearly just the base for something bigger.
  5. Neurojack

That's not a new thing. To put an example... one of my favorite computer games, "Daggerfall", Elder Scrolls 2 from the 90s, had many layers of clothes and your character could wear them all. Underwear, shirts, armor, cloaks. You didn't had to remove the cloak in order to wear the armor. You...
  6. Neurojack

The mood in this forum is very negative, I have noticed that on Steam forums, people seem to be enjoying the game for the most part. I agree that the most vocal critics can't grasp the scale of a project like this. One person alone, might take hundreds, even thousand of years of solo work in the...
  7. Neurojack

Cyberpunk 2077 versus Watch Dogs, GTA and Mafia

If 2077 isn't your cup of tea, there are still zillions of GTA clones out there, all playing roughly the same. Rockstar itself has recycled and remade, endless times, the same game over the years. Personally I didn't bought this game to play car robbery, civilian shooting or police chases. Some...
  8. Neurojack

Looter shooter mechanics were a mistake

Among all the whining and complaining about the game, I feel this one is the most crucial because its the closest to design of the core game and experience. Its very important for an RPG that the game mechanics have consistency with setting and theme, and that includes the items or loot, of...
  9. Neurojack

Good job CDPR

My central point, though, is that neither this forum or the Youtube commentary are representative of player opinions as a whole, regardless of the moderation being fair or not. I guess console players have legitimate reasons to be angry with the studio, because of a bad launch... but the...
  10. Neurojack

Good job CDPR

Of course they're "in denial" of any and all problems, and only played this, the supposedly WORSE GAME OF ALL TIME only five minutes before writing a review (only positive opinions can be hasty and unsubstantiated). On the other hand... I can't say what I think the people spamming the forum...
  11. Neurojack

looking for a cyberpunk indie game

Shadowrun, like some people have mentioned, are pretty nice isometric RPGs. A favorite of mine are the games of the System Shock series... two old games but they're worth it. Legendary cyberpunk-themed shooters, much like this one.
  12. Neurojack

Good job CDPR

This forum has an extremely negative tone in general, and from recent personal experience in it, I suspect that most comments defending the game or answering to the critical spam are being erased by the mods... while the negative comments themselves are, on the contrary, allowed to grow out of...
Top Bottom