Search results

+
  1. BionicDance

Delete this thread

Well, you can. :p
  2. BionicDance

Delete this thread

If they could just make the lighting...not green.
  3. BionicDance

On Hype...

Awright, let's try re-phrasing it so that it a little bit more accurately reflects my point: "They made it look like you could do X in their hype, and I really wanted to do that thing which they made it look like you could do..." Plug most of the things i said I "wanted" into that format...
  4. BionicDance

On Hype...

Ah, yes, that old internet canard: "if you don't agree with me, it can only be because you don't understand me." But it isn't presented that way in the game, is my point. I don't see how post-intro V is anything but a Streetkid, effectively. Sure, working as a Merc...but living like a punk...
  5. BionicDance

On Hype...

Again, HARD disagree. This is the game screen: Nowhere on here does it says, "This is your past, it's only your past, and aside from the intro sequence, you won't really be playing as anything but a Streedkid, effectively." And if you have to go outside the game to know what's meant by...
  6. BionicDance

On Hype...

Yeah, it would have helped if they'd chosen a name that made it clear this is V's past. "Lifepath" sounds like "my life's path" or "the path down which I'm headed" which sure kind of implies "the path I'm going to be taking". It doesn't sound like "the path I've taken so far" and it certainly...
  7. BionicDance

Delete this thread

But not necessarily the better for its quality. To be perfectly honest, I think CDPR's attempts to be original are where the game most fails. I think their attempts to be innovative resulted in a kind of jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none situation, where they did a lot of things kind-of-okay, a...
  8. BionicDance

On Hype...

HARD disagree. CDPR's responsible for CDPR's PR. In other words, their interviews and their advertising. That's on them. And it's what we, the consumers, see. Its purpose is to let us know what to expect from the product we purchase. But if the advertising and the end product do not match...
  9. BionicDance

Delete this thread

I'm against narrative-driven RPGs. If you want to tell a specific story in a game, don't make an RPG. If you want to tell a story that can get just a little bit on the emergent side, however, now we're talkin'. I know there has been a lot of quibbling over the definition of RPG for a long...
  10. BionicDance

On Hype...

And advertising creates hype, too. Marketing creates hype. I saw Cyberpunk 2077 ads on energy drink cans, for crying out loud. Surprised there wasn't a breakfast cereal.
  11. BionicDance

Patch 1.23

Thing is, the game has run just fine on my system since the first hotfix. I've been spending this entire time waiting for them to actually make good on their advertising, putting back in the cut content, so much of which was the actual draw for me. Hell, even just a...
  12. BionicDance

Yeah, there are things to fix... But also we have things to enjoy

And here I was, just a few minutes ago, lamenting on Twitter that "empathy-based commiseration" was a mode people don't seem to have on the internet. Maybe this is making myself too vulnerable online, but if I'm ever complaining about the same thing over and over, it's usually cuz I'm just...
  13. BionicDance

I think CDPR made a mistake when they decided to center everything around such a linear story--and it iS linear--that required V be from a specific walk of life. For something as big as Cyberpunk--both franchise and genre--they should have gone more life-simulator than narrative, frankly. Or...
  14. BionicDance

Disappointed in Corpo life path

Agreed. No matter the life choice we pick, we basically end up a Streetkid with ambitions, and I don't like it. I wanted to play Meredith Stout, essentially. I wanted to play a Corpo.
  15. BionicDance

I don't. They all sound the same, to me. Angry? Check. Loud? Check. Lots of beat-bass-distortion? Check. Kinda sounds like the 1990s? Check. They all have basically the same energy. Even the stations that shift genre a little bit still manage to convey the same mood, the same vibe. The rap...
  16. BionicDance

It seems to me less like they chose other music genres so much as they chose one music genre. I mean, sure, with minor variations, but honestly, CP2077's music all sounds the same to me. Like, the differences are more like the differences between bands that play the same genre, rather than...
  17. BionicDance

weapon appreciation thread...

I keep inevitably calling this a "Loaf Lexington" because "10AF" kiiiiinda looks like "LOAF".
  18. BionicDance

There is currently 20 jobs offers for cyberpunk...

They don't need artists and nothing is open in the US, much less anywhere near me. So...
  19. BionicDance

Public transportation system in NC

They certainly made it look as if this is what they intended, at least with their promo PR. It's one of the sore points for me; I really, really, really looked forward to riding the train in first person.
  20. BionicDance

Disagree. Hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE the 90s grunge nonsense they went with. I want my 80s synthwave, not the garbage I endured all through high school...and then later in film school, when I had to sit through so many angsty, whingey, therapy-worthy student films about Kurt Cobain's suicide...
Top Bottom