Search results

+
  1. ToreadorVampire

Eddies feel worthless.

I've just played through a gig in which this happens. In PL there's a gig named "Waiting for Dodger". Without wanting to go into spoilers, this very much ticks the boxes of "Being involved in someone else's aftermath".
  2. ToreadorVampire

Eddies feel worthless.

Oh, I agree in principle there should be "endless gigs" but where it comes to actually writing the software to make this a reality in the game, the tech really just doesn't exist yet. Perhaps some day (we're not there yet) AI will actually be able to do that. We'd need a true AI-integrated game...
  3. ToreadorVampire

Eddies feel worthless.

Has this ever been done in a good way, in any game? I'm not convinced that the tech for doing that, is actually that good yet 😲 Sure it exists, but it tends to boil down to "the same small number of side quests, with the words and irrelevant details swapped around". So "Assassinate the Mafia...
  4. ToreadorVampire

Eddies feel worthless.

Mmmmm, CP is a game, not a simulator. I'd be really annoyed with perma-death or death-penalty mechanics, and I suspect I'm in the majority there. I have a lot of time to put into the game compared to the average player, but even so I'm never going to sink thousands of hours into this one game...
  5. ToreadorVampire

Why did you kill stealth netrunning?

I've been playing for the last few hours with this RAM Reallocator (I think it might be PL exclusive) and jebus, it's obscene! I've got something like 30 RAM at base (that's after losing 4, for the privilege of quickhacks dealing crits). My cooldown is now just 15s to get ~9 RAM for free...
  6. ToreadorVampire

Netrunning in 2.0 is still amazing

Something I've thought about recently is making a change to my installed quickhacks. Oddly I don't use Contagion at all at the moment. The chance of accidentally affecting someone unwanted (a civ, or cop, or someone who isn't sonic shocked) is too great. Plus, seeing as I'm always undetected...
  7. ToreadorVampire

Netrunning in 2.0 is still amazing

I definitely agree. My stealth netrunner is now in the high-40s level-wise and I'm generally leaning on the following combination: T5+ cyberdeck: Tetratronic Rippler Sonic Shock T5 Short Circuit T5 Synapse Burnout T5 Cyberware Malfunction T5 Overclock perk T5 Blood Pump T5 Biomonitor Health...
  8. ToreadorVampire

Skill Checks Increase/Scale with Level? (2.0)

This matches what I've observed as well. I've been playing the last 20 or so levels of the game with an Intelligence of 20. In that time, I don't recall seeing a single Intelligence-linked skill requirement that hasn't displayed "20" next to the text. So I don't think any of those actually...
  9. ToreadorVampire

Belly of the Beast game breaking bug. Cant leave basilisk

Not-quite-the-same-issue but in this same quest I came across a game-breaking bug as well. That's when I was instructed to go eliminate the wraiths that had showed up. I followed an incorrect waypoint at first (at top speed) and I was despawned/respawned because I had left the mission area by...
  10. ToreadorVampire

20+ melee weapons (mostly knives) near an NCPD scanner hustle?

I did a scanner hustle a while ago, I think it was a Reported Crime, it's in Westbrook, more details behind the spoiler tag: After clearing out all of the hostiles, I found an absolute cornucopia of melee weapons, mainly knives/blades, all in a small container (an open-top box, like a human...
  11. ToreadorVampire

Upgrade... to downgrade?

What nonsense is this? That's not an upgrade! Now my real question is what's wrong here? I think I bought this cyberware from a ripper; I don't have great memory of it because I only picked it up as "filler" (literally) in order to activate the Cyborg perk. Is it bugged that it gives 105...
  12. ToreadorVampire

Option to select the patch you want to play in

If you're playing on PC and purchased from GOG you can totally do this. GOG allows you to download a DRM-free copy of the game at any previous patch version. Obviously once you have played/saved a game at a higher version, that save-game is no longer compatible with any previous version. So...
  13. ToreadorVampire

Is there any news regarding New game plus?

My first exposure to "the concept which eventually became known as NG+" was Diablo 2. After completing the game on Normal difficulty, you could restart on Nightmare difficulty. Same character, but everything was now scaled-up. You'd continue to level and gain skills and even better loot than...
  14. ToreadorVampire

Cyberpunk deserves a movie really bad

I liked Arise. "The New Movie" (same era as Arise) freaked me out though, mainly because the English-language voice actress for Kurutsu was Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, who is the same lady to voice Motoko in the earlier movies and SAC. Combined with Motoko's visual redesign in Arise/The New...
  15. ToreadorVampire

Cyberpunk deserves a movie really bad

I actually prefer Innocence myself, although they're all real good, as well as SAC. My least favourite is (as I figure is the case with many) the live action movie from a few years back. I don't despise it and I'm willing to accept it as "a unique tale told in a copy of the same universe" (IE...
  16. ToreadorVampire

[Amusing typo] Employee of the month?

This netrunner must work twice as hard, coz Arasaka gave them their job title twice! Seen toward the end of the "Play it Safe" mission, v2.01.
  17. ToreadorVampire

Frequent flatlines with NVidia driver v537.58

Well, the flatlines were all auto-reported via their crash reporting tool, so CDPR should have all of them. I'm not on Steam, I bought via GOG but thanks all the same. By way of an update, after I experienced a flatline post-driver-rollback I rebooted my PC. I tend not to reboot or fully...
  18. ToreadorVampire

Frequent flatlines with NVidia driver v537.58

Update! Maybe it's not the driver! I've just experienced a flatline after rolling driver versions back! Original post below, but I've just had a game crash using the previous driver version. Something else I noticed is that the crash is always just as I activate my scanner, which I do quite...
  19. ToreadorVampire

Selling vs Disassembly for Components

DISMANTLE ALL THE THINGS!!! Ahem, I mean, yeah. I don't bother selling stuff. I'm awash with eddies and crafting has allowed me to have a T5 cyberdeck before T4 stuff was even available to buy from rippers.
  20. ToreadorVampire

Bug on vehicle call, sometimes does not work

I've also been affected by this, in 2.01. Playing on PC. I've checked the obvious stuff, quick-pressing the call-vehicle key (default V) makes the UI button flash blue but makes no sound and no vehicle arrives. Long-pressing shows the dialog to choose which vehicle I want. I have about 10 to...
Top Bottom