Search results

+
  1. AvarageEnjoyer

Is Henry Cavill really that important for the series?

There was practically no Eskel in the show though. They made a new character, gave him Eskel's name, then killed him off in the same episode. I'm not even upset, because the guy they killed bears no resemblance to the character he shares name with.
  2. AvarageEnjoyer

Is Henry Cavill really that important for the series?

Anyone who was watching the show only for Cavil wasn't really watching the show. It also says a lot about quality of it, when replacement of one, as correctly pointed out by @igor565, wooden actor can drive someone away from it. If something is so empty and talentless, that its success is...
  3. AvarageEnjoyer

Endings are Mass Effect all over again, my hope is now on PL and mods

It's an interesting perspective, but again, it goes against the in-game presentation. Silverhand's takeover isn't subtle, at no point in the game there is a real conflict of who is in charge between him and V (which is a huge shame and it can be a very interesting angle to explore), where one...
  4. AvarageEnjoyer

That's definitely an interesting perspective, but the one with which I can't really agree, because: 1) The story is definitely about saving V's life. In the same way that LotR story is about defeating Sauron - sure, that isn't the sole theme or idea of that narrative, but it is the core...
  5. AvarageEnjoyer

Hard disagree. Neuromancer has a happy ending. Johnny Mnemonic has a happy ending. Ghost in the Shell has a some-what happy ending. Altered Carbon has a happy ending. Robocop has a happy ending. So it's not exactly a genre requirement.
  6. AvarageEnjoyer

1.7 getting real close?

Counterpoint: it would be almost three years after release, so people who would really want to buy it would buy it at any date. I really hope that they've picked that date because they treat the matter really seriously, take their time to iron out everything and that they want the release to go...
  7. AvarageEnjoyer

1.7 getting real close?

I have a weird deja vu, almost as if there already was some sort of "influencer only gameplay demo" with a story mission showcase, that ended up being controversial in the long run. Hmm, what was that one called, can't put my finger on it... The Lift-up? The Fetching? Two times the charm, I...
  8. AvarageEnjoyer

The world of 2077 feels like a critique on the modern world

The distinction is meaningless, because the overlap between leftists and "woke" people is almost absolute. But to stay on topic, you are absolutely wrong on several levels. 1) CP 2077 doesn't criticize over-sexualisation. None of CDPRs games do, as a matter of fact. The secondary protagonist is...
  9. AvarageEnjoyer

The world of 2077 feels like a critique on the modern world

Oh, you are edit That explains everything. Also, CP2077 is extremely left leaning and anti-capitalistic, which is by definition "woke".
  10. AvarageEnjoyer

Johnny is boring as fudge

I remember goin from hating the guy, to somewhat tolerating - and even feeling some form of sympathy towards him near the end. But overall, I agree - it's a very weird feeling, that an over-the-top in your face character you spent most time with ended up being the most forgettable one, for me at...
  11. AvarageEnjoyer

Games you love but which failed miserably

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. It's an Action-RPG developed by, now defunct, Troika Games, based on the Vampire: The Masquerade Table-Top RPG. Devs didn't have enough time to fully realize their vision, this is why the game was released in an absolutely abysmal state bug-vise, as well as...
  12. AvarageEnjoyer

The Witcher Screenshot Thread

Geralt on his Arrakis trip - or Mexico vacation.
  13. AvarageEnjoyer

[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

Not to mention that this would've been the most convoluted assassination attempt in history. Let's assume that it's true. Then @Eucliddalexandria implies: 1) That someone (Mr. Blue) wants V dead; 2) Instead of, I don't know, hiring a gunman, they offer V an extremely risky job - a heist on a...
  14. AvarageEnjoyer

Where did you got that from, may I wonder?
  15. AvarageEnjoyer

This opinion of yours is dangerously close to being a fact.
  16. AvarageEnjoyer

This is just not true. Every action V takes throughout the main story is, in one way or another, tied to search for the cure. Looking for Evelyn, hunting down Voodoo-boys, kidnapping Hanako and Anders Hellman - all of it is directly related to the hunt for salvation, without any hint of outside...
  17. AvarageEnjoyer

Oh, no-no, Mad Max isn't cyberpunk, i was just using it as an example of a depressive world with depressive message, but also a very action packed movie, that can be categorized as a power fantasy. And you aren't confusing at all, we actually agree on many things. What I mean, however, is that...
  18. AvarageEnjoyer

It can be both, really. As in, it can be both happy power fantasy and have depressing meaning. The overarching theme can be pretty messed up, but the challenges of individual heroes can be resolved happily. Take Mad Max 2 or Fury Road, for example. It's a very depressive world, where...
  19. AvarageEnjoyer

That's highly debatable.
  20. AvarageEnjoyer

Watch the new Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty teaser!

Such a weird feeling, it feels both like eternity ago and yesterday.
Top Bottom