Search results

+
  1. DolphPingus

The way for CDPR to not drop our favorite game.

Sadly the game is dead, don't go on full-copium mode. Without new cards, balance and competitive environment this game will lose an insane amount of appeal for veteran players. And imagine new ones that discovered Gwent some weeks/months ago, it's even worse. Some points you mentioned are not...
  2. DolphPingus

Patch Notes 10.11

Meta will be basically the same for all month and nothing is suggesting me they are going to balance stuff. If it's acceptable a 40+ points swing in a single play, probably ( and very sadly, i'd say ) the game is doomed. I don't know how many people are responsible for the balance/design...
  3. DolphPingus

Patch Notes 10.11

When new cards were released i wrote: "sigi and sove hotfixed in 1 week". Well, i was almost right :coolstory: Next month meta will be basically the same + some super binary decks, because the real broken cards are left untouched. Just a quick opinion: Igni: fine Yrden: braindead and binary...
  4. DolphPingus

Reaver hunters & Scout

Same opinion. I don't like this elderblood meta snapshot, a lot of strange decisions. Sometimes i feel they are literally playing a different game lol. One of them is devo sy tier 1, i rarely see SY in general. I don't like their Sove list in tier 2, extremely highroll and reavers tier 3 is a...
  5. DolphPingus

Chronicles Reveal Schedule!

Sigi and Sove both hotfixed after 1 week.
  6. DolphPingus

Bearly sane mode this week

I played this mode today with different strategies and these are my thoughts: 1. if you start on blue coin: hard mulligan 1, 2, 3 bears and the highest one because you basically want a value-based hand that allows you to stay in the round as long as possible. Initially i tried the "ladder"...
  7. DolphPingus

Bearly sane mode this week

I strongly disagree. Winning on red coin is way easier.
  8. DolphPingus

Chronicles Reveal Schedule!

Overall, they seem fair and controlled cards, especially because you know what you are getting. And, if one of them is overtuned, it's gonna be pretty easy to fix. I'm still hoping for a golden nekker/renfri rework. They are Gwent's nightmare.
  9. DolphPingus

What percentage of GWENT in a year is it theoretically Balanced?

Illusionist = fine card Ard Feainn Cavalry = broken slave driver = very strong and flexible nauzicaa sergeant = broken
  10. DolphPingus

What percentage of GWENT in a year is it theoretically Balanced?

If they release cards like golden nekker and renfri, balancing is not a concern. Game-changing rng is always bad for healthy and competitive environment.
  11. DolphPingus

Too much highroll

Ladder is full of binary/highroll and draw-dependant decks. Sihil, Renfri, double scenario scoiatel, warrit combos, elves, golden nekker variants and so on. You lose the game since the beginning or you are doomed if they draw perfectly. Is it possible to have fair games and winning with decent...
  12. DolphPingus

Patch Notes 10.8

Not only variety, but general power level. All cards of the same prov should be in a similar range of points and, instead of levelling, we are just witnessing a "buff run". Card is bad? Buff it, random numbers here and there. Example: if we have 300 cards and 10 of them are broken and out of...
  13. DolphPingus

This game is so unfun. It used to be much better. Returning player rant.

I said "almost", in fact not all Renfriless decks are terrible. For example i used siege for NR and poison for SY to climb. Keltullis is also playable, but i refuse to play that cheese nonsense. Another one is Eist warriors, but it suffers blue coin a lot. Maybe other stuff out there, i don't...
  14. DolphPingus

There is a huge difference between Munro/Zoltan and Renfri. In the first case you know exactly what you get, in the second is just pure broken highroll. That said, a nerf to these dwarves is more than appropriate. I'm complaining because the problem is real and obvious. A 13 prov card able to...
  15. DolphPingus

Netdecking is not a problem if games are fair. And by fair i mean: little and not gamebreaking rng and a range of points in line with provision cost. Renfri doesn't respect these two points, neither Nekker, neither Sihil, neither Sigvald, Warritt, cat, Keltullis, Queen, Sabbath and so on, the...
  16. DolphPingus

Patch Notes 10.7

I did three games in a row at approximately 2500 mmr, my opponents played well and EVERY SINGLE MATCH was literally decided by Renfri's rng rolls. This is just pathetic, are we on Hearthstone or what? You come to round 3, both no mistakes and fine resource management and..what happens? One must...
  17. DolphPingus

Patch Notes 10.7

I don't know which one is worse, but it's a good battle lol. Obviously they are both terrible and caused by the same problems ( op neutral cards, tons of rng and huge variance ). And this is concerning. Of course they do, but for me it's not the only reason. My bet: there is 1 overworked...
  18. DolphPingus

Patch Notes 10.7

In a mirror match between two players of similar skill , the one who rolls the best Renfri will win almost every single time. Same stuff in golden nekker/aerondight meta ( but that was even worse, because of the coin ). It's hilarious that after every release/patch we have to deal with crazy...
  19. DolphPingus

Patch Notes 10.7

Renfri is like Hearthstone, best highroller wins. I don't like this design, at all. The card needs to be completely destroyed.
  20. DolphPingus

Patch Notes 10.7

If you like decent balance and skill expression, this game is playable 3/4 months out of 12. Remaining time is just a chore dealing with completely broken and unsustainable stuff. I'll just wait for next meta reports: if it's full of Renfris, cats and binary strategies like Keltullis, automatic...
Top Bottom