[1.0.3] Inability to grab high ledges

+
[1.0.3] Inability to grab high ledges

In the latest patch - 1.0.3 - I have found myself incapable of grabbing high ledges. Using the 'Jump' button should result in Geralt grabbing the ledge and pulling himself up. This does not happen. Instead, he pushes himself away from the wall and the ledge with a kick. Naturally, this means that some quests cannot be completed.

While this isn't my video, this guy shows the issue well enough. It happens on every high ledge I've come across since 1.0.3.

Here are my specs, just for completeness' sake:

Xeon E3 1240v3
8 GB RAM
GTX970

It's a bit of an issue because it essentially acts as a plot stopper in some cases (unless you manage to exploit terrain).

Seriously... Try
racing Cerys up the mountain without being able to climb ledges.
I DID manage to do it after a couple of tries with creative usage of boulders and rocks. 'twas quite the obnoxious quest.

bump, also cannot grab ledges in other quests

SPOILER:In Act 3: Blindingly Obvious: When you try to jump across the stairs to sneak attack Philippa Eilhart you cannot fall and there is just a huge invisible wall

Yep, also got this problem all around the place. It would be a good if there was a way to roll back to a previous patch until it is fixed.

If you're on PC there is a solution, but it will not fix the bug.
I downloaded the console mod on nexusmode
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m.../moddescription/?id=28&preview=&pUp=1#content

Then i used the command " spawnbarrel() " several time, and i managed to jump on the barrel, then on my platform.
As i said it's a solution, not a fix.
Also i continued the game after the quest where i was stuck due to this bug and i was able to climb again, for no particular reason.

climbing and subtle movement (massive input lag,pc mouse/keyboard+hardware cursor) is terrible in this game ..sadly.... the engine is not made for it it seems...the spots where he can grab a ledge are rare and predefined.

Im in the warehouse after killing the vampire coroner trying to get a chest on a wooden emporium and cant get there ...its driving me nuts ..i hate when i cant loot
chests and theres absolutely no way to grab the ledge although its just 1 foot above my head.

Last edited:
Hey, that's my video : - ) thanks for getting this out there. I've emailed GOG.com and CDProjektRed but have yet to get anything back from either company. The game is the GOG version obviously but it doesn't seem to be a "spec" issue since it's happening on Xbox1, PS4, and PC both Steam and GOG versions.

We have found a climbing issue related to "Master of The Arena" quest. If you did not start this quest then it seems like a different problem - in that case please send me your save to tomasz.kozera at cdprojektred.com and I will investigate.

it is also caused by the monster quest "THE CREATURE FROM THE OXENFURT FOREST" was able to climb to the nest,upon meditating towards night time, i was no longer able to climb anything anywhere

it is also caused by the monster quest "THE CREATURE FROM THE OXENFURT FOREST" was able to climb to the nest,upon meditating towards night time, i was no longer able to climb anything anywhere

I think this contract caused this issue for me also.

Hi! I made these two quests and i'm stuck. Is there any forecast for correction? I played for 99 hours. my last save before the bug lose at least 12 hours of sweat and blood ...

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for attention!

Top Bottom