1.0.6 ctd

+
unfortunately 1.06 seems to have introduced a CTD for me .

not doing anything special , just stopped on my bike to attend a crime and crashed.

restart and continue just crashes as soon as i launch into the game. repeated several times and i cannot progress, game now constantly CTD, files verified etc , still does not fix it.

decent rig
gigabyte rtx3090 Gaming OC
INTEL Core i5-10600K
32gb corsair 3600 ddr4
Samsung 970 EVO V-NAND M.2 1TB SSD
latest win10 version and drivers all up to date

I have not had a single crash before (50hrs in) untilthis patch.
sent several crash reports, literally cant play anymore :(

unfortunately 1.06 seems to have introduced a CTD for me .

not doing anything special , just stopped on my bike to attend a crime and crashed.

restart and continue just crashes as soon as i launch into the game. repeated several times and i cannot progress, game now constantly CTD, files verified etc , still does not fix it.

decent rig
gigabyte rtx3090 Gaming OC
INTEL Core i5-10600K
32gb corsair 3600 ddr4
Samsung 970 EVO V-NAND M.2 1TB SSD
latest win10 version and drivers all up to date

I have not had a single crash before (50hrs in) untilthis patch.
sent several crash reports, literally cant play anymore :(
Go to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and delete the cache folder. Have the same problem after every patch.

Try verifying game files. Another post talks about having the problem to need to repair the game installation after every update, in order to play. Maybe it helps.

thanks for tips , unfortunately the game continues to crash.
1.0.6 definitely broke something for me

error report handle is as follows
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3235023 P4CL: 4177747 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x7.
File: <Unknown>(0)

thanks for tips , unfortunately the game continues to crash.
1.0.6 definitely broke something for me

error report handle is as follows
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3235023 P4CL: 4177747 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x7.
File: <Unknown>(0)

bummer... looks like we're in the same boat. I don't want to discourage you from trying the usual things (verify install, uninstall/reinstall game, reinstall GPU drivers via ddu, update anything that will let you [windows, mobo bios/drivers, sound card bios/drivers, etc.]), because maybe they'll work for you. But this really doesn't seem to be a hardware/driver issue at all. The game was running flawlessly for me up until 1.05, then it just stopped working all together; flatline/CTD every time it tries to loads into game. My saves are all well under 5MB so they don't appear to be corrupt... this is a separate issue entirely.

bummer... looks like we're in the same boat. I don't want to discourage you from trying the usual things (verify install, uninstall/reinstall game, reinstall GPU drivers via ddu, update anything that will let you [windows, mobo bios/drivers, sound card bios/drivers, etc.]), because maybe they'll work for you. But this really doesn't seem to be a hardware/driver issue at all. The game was running flawlessly for me up until 1.05, then it just stopped working all together; flatline/CTD every time it tries to loads into game. My saves are all well under 5MB so they don't appear to be corrupt... this is a separate issue entirely.

for sure, i did to a complete re-install, but it is still crashing, pretty sure its patch related as like yourself the game ran flawlessly before the latest patch.
Sorry to hear your in the same boat, be gutted not play over Christmas, but the devs need a break too :)

I love the game , but i think this might encourage me to park it a while and play a fresh game when its settled down a little.
only wish i could revert to 1.0.5

Hey folks, I hope this is of some help to y'all, not ideal I know, but, it is possible to play whichever version you want.

You can go to gog.com and look for the offline installer and which patches you want, or if you're using GOG Galaxy you can head into the extras tab and also download which patches you want. I haven't tried it myself and it probably needs the entire thing downloading, but, hopefully it lets you play over xmass!

1608816939032.png

Above you have to look through the Download offline backup list for the patches you want (gog.com)

1608816980784.png

Same thing with Galaxy except the patches are in the Extras tab.

Edit: Good Idea @GodBlock!

Another thing I did before the patch was to deinstall a mod. Just in case it is causing any problems with the new version of the game. (https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/107?tab=description)
But it seems you also reinstalled the whole game, so there are probably no old (mod) files left.

When you are having CTDs it is always worth to check your RAM with programs like Prime95. (Can run under windows, 15 Test).
But after many similar reports, it indeed looks like a problem the patch has caused.

Yes, if you installed a mod for the game make sure to remove it first.

Rolling back to 1.05 might be the best solution for now if that's possible and you are not experiencing an issue that this hotfix was supposed to fix (Dum Dum Quest, Save Game issues...).

Crashes can be reported here:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1700/my-game-crashes-7
(please click on "contact us" to send a ticket)

Thanks. Just to be clear so the devs know how far back they might need to look for this; this ctd appeared in 1.05 for some, 1.06 for others. So in theory I would have to roll back to 1.04. I'm guessing my saves aren't backwards compatible anymore, and I'm not interested in starting a new character at this point (game stopped working during the endgame)... so I'll probably just wait until they have a handle on the issue.

Also in my case I have not installed any mods to the game... so hopefully not a mod issue.

Top Bottom