1.04: Drastic Increase in texture/npc Pop-In. Hope this can be addressed.

+
1.04: Drastic Increase in texture/npc Pop-In. Hope this can be addressed.

The pop in has become very very noticeable, NPCs appear out of no where, LOD transitions happen much closer to the player avatar now. Keeping settings constant, it seems that quality has drastically decreased. I hope this can be address in the next patch.

I'm surprised this isn't on the front page. Since 1.04 this game has become like GTAV, an high detail bubble around the character, everything else loads way too late.
And it was absolutely fine before... Hope they fix it!

Yes, same here.

Everything was fine before 1.04.

Now i see the grass "grow" have tons of pop-ins.

Once i fast traveled to Novigrad and like 20 people spawned at once place next to each other.

Needs to get fixed ASAP , Please CD Projekt.

Can you also fix the issue where faces take like 3-5 seconds to load in ?

This is what I'm seeing in bandit camps as well, makes the game nearly unplayable.

This is what I'm seeing in bandit camps as well, makes the game nearly unplayable.

Yeah i have the same.
Plus the grass/foliage draw distance has been decreased which sucks.
And im only playing on high but there is a huge difference.

Im thinking about going back to 1.03 if this continues.

Haha I was in this same spot yesterday, and same shit happened, every npc spawned in next to me. Before 1.04 I had never seen such bad spawn. And I play everything on ultra except foliage distance and grass density on high. Hairworks off.

Last edited:
It is the same for me unfortunately. Everything was ok with 1.03 version but right now I've got more crashes and texture popups are much more visible in the game. I wish I could just go back to 1.03...

Such an immersion killer, love the game its so good and since 1.04 i. Anoyed when walking around.
i stopped playning GTA V because they dont fix it :(. Dont be like rockstar guy's!!!

That NPC pop-in has been there from the beginning for me, I can deal with not playing at 60fps to justify graphics, but pop-in is breaking my immersion entirely.
I've seriously quit games before over these kind of issues, I can't deal with it.

Exactly the same problem as me. Bouncedk's video shows the problem really well.
I'm going to summarize my findings of this problem, according to my experience. If any RED is reading this, i hope it can help.
- pop-in happens everywhere around Velen/countryside, especially when galloping at high speeds (or even running) approaching villages, deserters' camps, religious gatherings, soldiers' camps etc
- happens in novigrad to religious gatherings, but has less occurences of pop-in
- once loaded, NPCs stay in place and can be interacted correctly
- sometimes only torches appear, if the "soon-to-be-NPC" happens to carry one
- when NPCs get triggered, they start to appear one after another, with 1.5-2 seconds between each one, following geralt's path
- happens with every graphical setting i tried, with both original and tweaked .ini, with or without overclocking the GPU
- after meditation NPCs seem to appear correctly, all at once
- VRAM occupation seems to stay around 1.5gb, while in patch 1.02/1.03 reached 2gb easily (related? may be)
- always happened, regardless of patch, BUT on 1.02 it was so much more manageable, with 1.04 being the worst offender

as of now, i will stop playing the game if this does not get sorted. Hope for a quick patch :p

I am having this problem. Look at the end of the road, the house has no windows, but when I approach the building they instantly appeared.:

[video=youtube;-rfL2aacCOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rfL2aacCOk[/video]

I have a GTX 970 with the latest drivers. Everything on Ultra (no hairworks). The game version is 1.04.

Can you help me please? Is this normal?

No it isn't, or at least it didn't happen with previous builds.

Excuse me, but in the 1.04 version, is that normal? I mean, i want to know if i have a problem with my vga. I do not like to see a window only when i am close to the house. The same with the grass.

Thanks in advance and excuse me about my language. I am not english.

Excuse me, but in the 1.04 version, is that normal? I mean, i want to know if i have a problem with my vga. I do not like to see a window only when i am close to the house. The same with the grass.

Thanks in advance and excuse me about my language. I am not english.

Can you help me @razorpakk ?

I think CD read are fucknig with PC users .. cuz the console peasents are jelous and mad about PC superior graphics and visual fidelity compared to their potato hardware .. i could not thing of any reason why CD red to become from so skilled DEVS and programmers to go to the level of trainee programmer ! THis is just stupid ... all those interviews where they are sayin` " LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS,LOTS OF TESTS"

TEsts my a$$ ...

Top Bottom