1.04 issues

+
Loving the game so far and the game seems more stable with 1.04 but i have 3 main issues that needs some looking at but ill add in whatever bugs i do come across.
1. When you go to select dialogue it gets stuck and the dpad wont respond making me have to press x and not get to choose a dialogue option(reloading the save helps but its quite irritating).
2. Update 1.04 messed up the music and i now cant hear any music in the vehicles, so far havent noticed any music outside of a vehicles either but havent paid attention to it im guessing this is to do with trying to fix the copyright music for streamers but affected the music when streamer mode is turned off.
3. The ui will get stuck on hud from when i open the phone or or read something restarting did help at first but reloading the save or restarting the game doesnt help with it anymore.
4. Still quite a few visual glitches that dont bother me too much (there actually pretty hilarious sometimes) but they should be fixed.

Ill update this if i come across any more bugs or glitches but so far enjoying the game and im sure everything will be worked out here soon

I have a weird issue where gigs seem to be out of sync. I get no phone call when I enter a gig area, clear it out, then get the "mission completed" call when I go to a new gig area and the gigs stay in my journal uncompleted but also unable to track. I haven't seen anyone else bring this up but it has caused a few crashes (at least I think they were the cause) and I have no save files previous to the initial instance of this happening. Now every gig I do falls into this pattern. Pretty frustrating as I have 20 hours into this character and it seems I'll have to start over once this game comes out of post-release alpha testing.

I have a weird issue where gigs seem to be out of sync. I get no phone call when I enter a gig area, clear it out, then get the "mission completed" call when I go to a new gig area and the gigs stay in my journal uncompleted but also unable to track. I haven't seen anyone else bring this up but it has caused a few crashes (at least I think they were the cause) and I have no save files previous to the initial instance of this happening. Now every gig I do falls into this pattern. Pretty frustrating as I have 20 hours into this character and it seems I'll have to start over once this game comes out of post-release alpha testing.
I havent ran into that problem yet I too would find that very frustrating if it happened to me which im sure ill run into it eventually but all we can do is give our feedback and hope it gets fixed which im sure it will soon, hope your enjoying the game nonetheless though even with the problems.
Post automatically merged:

1.0.4 does not even launch on my Xbox Series X...
that's a hard bummer i would be very irritated if it happened to me and id expect series x to run it better and work a little better than the one x does i hope your game gets fixed soon and hopefully get to enjoy the game.

Since the 1.04 patch, I have an issue in which I need to ask twice to get into a vendor's inventory. I would click on the option to "let me see what you got", there will be a very quick flash on the screen, then I need to ask again before it actually opens up.
This is happening with all vendors types.

The entire HUD section under the gameplay tab in the settings is missing for me. This means I can't turn off autosaving which causes hard stutters.

EDIT: After posting this, I realised I was in the XBOX section, not PC. So it may be invalid. I would delete the post, but I can't seem to find the delete post button. Maybe one of you can confirm if this is an issue on Xbox too. :)

In the early quest "The Pickup" where you go to the Maelstrom base to get the bot. In 1.03 everything worked as it should, but in 1.04, reading the mole revealing message found on one of the terminals no longer triggers the short dialog with Jackie and can't be passed on to Stout at the end. I initiated combat with the Maelstrom by using the malware-active credit chip to pay for the bot, and it was Stout that debriefed me after the escape. Reloading save didn't help, but I didn't try reloading the game. maybe it was just one of those random "gotta reload the game" bugs.

If I hadn't done this optional unlisted task in 1.03, I wouldn't even have known it was a thing. Makes you wonder what else isn't working and nobody knows.

Last edited:
*PS5*

After 1.04, I was hoping the love like fire glitch with the turrets would be solved but I'm still locked in there. Different dialogues and tried various times. I can't get passed those turrets.

Since the 1.04 patch, I have an issue in which I need to ask twice to get into a vendor's inventory. I would click on the option to "let me see what you got", there will be a very quick flash on the screen, then I need to ask again before it actually opens up.
This is happening with all vendors types.

Exactly Same thing on my PS5, after 1.04 i have ALWAYS to ask twice to get into a vendors inv...

I've bought the game on my Xbox one (original) but was disappointed at launch and uninstalled the game. Upon seeing hotfix 1.04 I reinstalled the game, but I'm not sure if I got the update. On the Microsoft store, it says the game is now 68 GB but my downloaded version is only 59.1 GB but it says version 1.04. What gives? Was the update just super small for Xbox one S or is my game not up to date. Playing the game I haven't noticed that much of a difference in quality so I am not sure. Is the new game size 68GB for Xbox one users or 59.1 Gb? plz halp

Exactly Same thing on my PS5, after 1.04 i have ALWAYS to ask twice to get into a vendors inv...

I also have this on Xbox Series X. It's an annoyance rather than a game-changer. But yeah, good shout flagging it.

A few that I have noticed that have either not been patched out with 1.04 or that have been introduced with 1.04. Please note, these have been experienced on Xbox Series X:

Mission-specific:
  • Mission "Automatic Love" - 'Hostile Area' on map does not go back to normal after you step out of the elevator at the end of the mission;
  • Mission "Automatic Love"- 'Relic Malfunction' effects on screen do not go back to normal after you step out of the elevator at the end of the mission
    • TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: Run clear of the elevator and into Night City, then manual save. Re-load back in the mission area, spend at least 30s in the area, then load the previous manual save.
Miscellaneous:
  • Vendor Icons - After exiting from a vendor, a second icon for that vendor appears on the mini map, and rotates on an X-Y axis relative to V icon.
    • TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: None required. Disappears when you leave within 100m of the area.
  • Poor Frame Rate on 'Quality Mode' - Whilst experiencing some frame rate drops in 'Performance Mode', when I toggle to 'Quality Mode', I don't at all hit the desired 30fps. Stuttering on screen.
    • TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: Play in 'Performance Mode'
  • Bottle clinking sound when running - Assume a bottle was caught up on V's body whilst running around.
    • TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: Restart game, reload last save.
  • 'Ping' reveals enemies in T-pose - When pinging an enemy in Quickhack it will sometimes reveal their fellow henchmen in T-Pose
    • TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: N/A
  • Double-tapping X to get into a Vendor's menu - Already described in this thread.
    • TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: Double-tap X.
  • Bald V - When wearing a hat, V appears in third person (mirror, car, etc.) as bald.
    • TEMPORARY WORKAROUND: N/A

Last edited:
T
Loving the game so far and the game seems more stable with 1.04 but i have 3 main issues that needs some looking at but ill add in whatever bugs i do come across.
1. When you go to select dialogue it gets stuck and the dpad wont respond making me have to press x and not get to choose a dialogue option(reloading the save helps but its quite irritating).
2. Update 1.04 messed up the music and i now cant hear any music in the vehicles, so far havent noticed any music outside of a vehicles either but havent paid attention to it im guessing this is to do with trying to fix the copyright music for streamers but affected the music when streamer mode is turned off.
3. The ui will get stuck on hud from when i open the phone or or read something restarting did help at first but reloading the save or restarting the game doesnt help with it anymore.
4. Still quite a few visual glitches that dont bother me too much (there actually pretty hilarious sometimes) but they should be fixed.

Ill update this if i come across any more bugs or glitches but so far enjoying the game and im sure everything will be worked out here soon
X-One (Base)

To elaborate on the sound issue, I haven´t found a single working radio in the game, the issue extends not just to music but also broadcasts, which seem to pop-up in faded subtitles from time to time. Besides the fact that even though right now, it´s pointless, the menu for choosing a radio frequencies takes a long time to load.

And graphically, there are still very relevant issues, like main/side story characters missing speech animations.

Besides the geometrical mess which happens anytime the player is on a moving vehicle, which is presumably fixed with more load time (some [a lot of] textures and objects, only load after leaving the vehicle, or toogling photo-mode on).

When riding in NPC driven vehicles, after reaching a certain point in the programed track, there is a camera reset, which sometimes locks the camera in a bent axis, depending on the position it was before the reset.

Other bugs, occur in the text messages (phone and info shards), where after quickly opening and closing then, all actions are locked. (Fixed by opening the settings menu).

When calling the Arch bike, which you get at the start of the game (NO SPOILERS)... Sometimes, two vehicles are spawned.

And as metioned aboved, some of the gigs sent by fixers are only complete after engaging in other gigs by the same fixer, which causes a kind of delay chain.

I've bought the game on my Xbox one (original) but was disappointed at launch and uninstalled the game. Upon seeing hotfix 1.04 I reinstalled the game, but I'm not sure if I got the update. On the Microsoft store, it says the game is now 68 GB but my downloaded version is only 59.1 GB but it says version 1.04. What gives? Was the update just super small for Xbox one S or is my game not up to date. Playing the game I haven't noticed that much of a difference in quality so I am not sure. Is the new game size 68GB for Xbox one users or 59.1 Gb? plz halp
I believe all the updates on Xbox-One are moved to a different folder than the game´s main files, so the numbers won´t show.

Besides the geometrical mess which happens anytime the player is on a moving vehicle, which is presumably fixed with more load time (some [a lot of] textures and objects, only load after leaving the vehicle, or toogling photo-mode on).

That is very interesting and actually quite promising. I just did a quick and not very scientific test on my Xbox One and you are right, photo mode does seem to force the game into displaying textures that match the quality around them. I tested it on the vending machine in V's apartment and other items and it does seem that the game is quite capable of looking better on this hardware.

Top Bottom