1.05 didn't fix texture popins and fps worsen

+
ROFL. Typical. Loving Batman Arkham Knight. Looks better than Witcher 3 in some aspects and runs perfectly.

Peace nigga.

CDPR, that wasn't the smartest move you made.
Telling us that Console-Users have to wait longer because you want to make sure "Patches actually work" and than delivering Patches that actually do the very opposite. :D
I had no real Problems up until now, guess I was lucky, but with the latest two Patches:
- Vegetation/Texture Pop-Ins (especially when Riding or being in Town)
- some FPS releated Problems

I disabled the Automatic Update-Installation for this very reason, or so I thought. I wanted to wait for a review or a Patch 1.04/1.05 Comparison-Video.

Ten minutes ago I've launched TW3 and wanted to take a quick look at the Map to plan my Route to the next ?-Marker and that's when I've noticed the Cursor's lagging while moving around the Map. I don't see any improved UI stabilazion, too.

I will still continue to play TW3, because it's WE and I'm not gonna wait a Week+ for 1.07, but I had to sum this up so that CDPR notices. It's necessary.

You Guys should share your experiences, too (in a constructive way of course).
Meanwhile I'm going to put my hopes in Patch 1.07.

Greetings~

I've actually noticed that the NPC issue improved - I no longer have to meditate in Novigrad to get NPCs to spawn. Also in the rural areas it appears that the foliage draw distance has increased from the last patch from approx. 3 meters in front of Roach to about 10 meters (mind you, this is all subjective). So I'm happy overall :)

@GOG_Rondel : It would be cool if that's actually the case, but until I see a pre/post 1.05 comparison Video I can't really say anything about it. :)
Well, I'm going to continue where I stopped this morning, somewhere in Skellige. I'll see it for myself, have to go to Novigrad again anyway. Skellige is really amazing but I started to miss Velen/Novigrad so it's perfect. :D

Last edited:
Looks like no updating for me again, am playing on 1.00, Novigrad atm, no big prob so far, finished more than half of the ?, and graphics good, enjoying it!

Here is the Gamersyde analysis of 1.05 in the swamps:
http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_the_swamps_ps4_1_05-35065_en.html

Seem like there was pretty much no change. It still gets as low as 23fps for long periods of time

What I don't get is that the framerate seems to drop on a steady rate instead of reacting to what's happening in the game.
Look at 1:02, the player kills a drowner. There is now 1 less element on screen, 1 less AI to worry about and Geralt is no longer attacking or using signs. Yet the framerate just keeps getting lower and lower no matter what

After latest update for PS4 game seems much worse. I was going to talk to the king on his boat before we trick him to kill him (not sure the name of the quest) and it just went to a load screen and stayed that way for a while. Tried to close the game. Nothing. Tried to restart my PS4. Nothing. Had to finally unplug and let it run its system check before I could use the system again. Then a little while later while on a boat, game just froze for a second and kicked me out and gave me an error. Frame rate seems worse now too. AND I still cannot talk to the guy on the main island in Skellige to get the quest he has. And Dirty Funds is still there not able to be completed as well. This patch didn't fix either of those issues. Great game but this patch didn't make it better at all.

for everyone saying the game runs worse... it's called placebo effect...

game runs exactly as it was running at the beginning... swamp and novigrad run with terrible framerate in certain parts and texture pop ins are the same

NO, this is not a placebo effect since i didn't have any problems when playing in version 1.04 and after 1.05 the game is unplayable, and i didnt even know the game had updated until after i played the game after the update and noticed the change

You guys must NOT read the patch notes..... 1.05 was meant as a bug fix for certain bugs, not a performance patch.

The big patch is 1.07 or whatever number they've slapped on it. Even then I doubt they'll fix the performance issues.

Here is the Gamersyde analysis of 1.05 in the swamps:
http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_the_swamps_ps4_1_05-35065_en.html

Seem like there was pretty much no change. It still gets as low as 23fps for long periods of time

What I don't get is that the framerate seems to drop on a steady rate instead of reacting to what's happening in the game.
Look at 1:02, the player kills a drowner. There is now 1 less element on screen, 1 less AI to worry about and Geralt is no longer attacking or using signs. Yet the framerate just keeps getting lower and lower no matter what

I'll be alone in the bog on a clear day, not a drowner in sight, and the framerate will be horrible. BUT, I do Return to Croockback Bog. I got the Baron and his men fight 5 drowners with me, then later it's me, the Baron, the Baron's men, 5 witchhunters, a dozen drowners, waterhags, and a Fiend--and not a single damn framerate problem.

I have a question: I've heard that Geralt's clothes are no longer wet after leaving the menu and that the merchant in Novigrad no longer sells the sea shells needed for the money exploit. Is that true?

Last edited:
Top Bottom