1.05 has made the game completely unplayable

+
Moving the mouse at all in game causes massive lag. Even at 1024x768 on a 3090 framerate drops to 10fps when moving the mouse. This was not an issue in 1.04

Same here, 5900x, RTX 3080 and 32GB RAM @ 3200mhz

in 1.04 I was playing non-RT, DLSS on Quality, 2560x1440p, on Ultra preset at 70-80 fps

With 1.05, same settings, barely scrapping 60, in an open area, If i turn the mouse I loose 20-30fps, I even saw frames dipping into the 5s and 2s, If I activate the Geforce Experience overlay I get 1 frame per second and is completely unplayable from the start, I cleaned my drivers with DDU and re-installed, same issue, verified game files in Steam did nothing, I'm reinstalling the game right now, lets hope it fixes whatever is causing this.

Edit: uninstalling and reinstalling DID NOT fix this, same issue.

Last edited:
Even in the menus, if I move the mouse the framerate drops to almost nothing, and sometimes it even goes to 0 frames per second for a few seconds. I can drive around night city without using the mouse, and performance is the same on ultra everything, but the second I turn my view with the mouse, or move the mouse at all, bam. Maybe they're handling interrupts incorrectly now?

I don't know, I'm using a wireless mouse, maybe the input is going bonkers?
I'm using wired mouse. But that shouldn't matter, input is input. I would report a bug, but I never even get confirmation for bugs I report, and never hear anything, which leads me to believe the bug report is broken.

Yea on PC it's pretty hard to play right now. I crash when driving too fast bc the textures don't wanna load in as fast as im driving.

I'm using wired mouse. But that shouldn't matter, input is input. I would report a bug, but I never even get confirmation for bugs I report, and never hear anything, which leads me to believe the bug report is broken.
I just re-installed the game and I can confirm that it didn't solve the issue, something got super broken in this update.

Ok I have fixed it, at least in my case, I used DDU one more time, but this time, instead of just using the latest drivers or the Cyberpunk drivers, I used the 457.51 drivers, loaded into the game and I'm in Pacifica, same settings, but at 120 fps and NO frame drops whatsoever like before.

После обновления 1.05 при продолжении задания "Уходя, гасите свет" после того, как сесть в машину к Панам Палмер, игра не грузится

Attachments

• 2020-12-20_16-10-21.png
    2020-12-20_16-10-21.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 143
  • 2020-12-20_16-08-38.png
    2020-12-20_16-08-38.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 136
Yep, as expected, no difference with reinstall. I think I'll just put the game away for a while until they get it to where it should have been at release instead of pandering to shareholders (that one really backfired on them, I haven't seen a release this bad since Bioware with Anthem).

Ok I have fixed it, at least in my case, I used DDU one more time, but this time, instead of just using the latest drivers or the Cyberpunk drivers, I used the 457.51 drivers, loaded into the game and I'm in Pacifica, same settings, but at 120 fps and NO frame drops whatsoever like before.
It's known issue that latest driver cause issue.
You can safely install 460.79

Damn, nothing else came to mind, you have tried everything.
Last thing would be to delete user settings file and see.

I did that already too lol. The issue is with the patch, so unfortunately no recourse for me until they fix it (unless I want to try downgrading my drivers many releases as @Ancop did)

Unable to create a new thread at this time, but my game is also unplayable now since the 1.05 update, but for other reasons. Play the game through Steam, and during the update my Avast antivirus detected cyberpunk2077.exe as malware and moved the file to my virus chest. I reported the flag as erroneous and restored the file from my chest and added an exception to the exe file. However, now when I try to load the game, it opens the GOG prelauncher, but when you click "PLAY" is just depresses like its being selected, but the game never loads. I have yet to reinstall to attempt a fix, but with all the other issues this game has seen now I have to reinstall because of this issue? And maybe it works? So disappointed in a game I've been waiting to play for the last 8 years, damn you CDProjectRed!!!

Unable to create a new thread at this time, but my game is also unplayable now since the 1.05 update, but for other reasons. Play the game through Steam, and during the update my Avast antivirus detected cyberpunk2077.exe as malware and moved the file to my virus chest. I reported the flag as erroneous and restored the file from my chest and added an exception to the exe file. However, now when I try to load the game, it opens the GOG prelauncher, but when you click "PLAY" is just depresses like its being selected, but the game never loads. I have yet to reinstall to attempt a fix, but with all the other issues this game has seen now I have to reinstall because of this issue? And maybe it works? So disappointed in a game I've been waiting to play for the last 8 years, damn you CDProjectRed!!!
Do a file check trought steam.Flag the entire game folder as safe in your antivirus.

Top Bottom