1.05 has made the game completely unplayable

+
Moving the mouse at all in game causes massive lag. Even at 1024x768 on a 3090 framerate drops to 10fps when moving the mouse. This was not an issue in 1.04
I am on a 3070 with everything OC'd and the same thing has happened to me. The game looks like trash now, not sure how the graphics got worse and the FPS went down... but it did.

I know they did the AMD CPU fix this patch, but my CPU usage is now over 70% in the menu...... ????

CPU usage regularly spikes to nearly 100% now while I am just running around randomly, not even in combat...

Roll back this patch? Please?

Playing it on PS5 atm and it didn't fix the crashes, it still happens at random intervals, apart from that, not much else appears to have changed.

I did that already too lol. The issue is with the patch, so unfortunately no recourse for me until they fix it (unless I want to try downgrading my drivers many releases as @Ancop did)
Yeah, I rolled back and the game ran without problems, I updated the drivers using Geforce Experience and no problem, rock solid framerate.
Post automatically merged:

I think that

A) the patch may have broke something driver related and you need to DDU it until it gets fixed, in my case after the second clean install the game started working like before 1.05.

B) the drivers are wonky from the get go and its just a case of driver shenanigans

In any case, I'm glad I got it fixed, I was about to start my 2nd playthrought too.

Bump...same to me.
I cant moving the character when upgrade 1.05, it laggy 1-2s each time changes move direction. I can't join the combat or driving. It suck. Also, my PC (intel 10900k-3080) so hot ~85-95*C when playing this game Roll back 1.04 pls

Bump...same to me.
I cant moving the character when upgrade 1.05, it laggy 1-2s each time changes move direction. I can't join the combat or driving. It suck. Also, my PC (intel 10900k-3080) so hot ~85-95*C when playing this game Roll back 1.04 pls
Oh god, 90*C? That is rough haha.

As soon as I saw my CPU usage spike to 100% and hang around those numbers I just closed the game. CDPR might refund the game, but they almost certainly won't be replacing parts for me if 1.05 burns out my hardware.

I'm on a i9-10980 watercooled, so 100% cpu is sustainable for me, but the performance.....and as I was typing this comment and went to see what my CPU usage was launching the game, it's working fine now. Nothing changed. Not even rebooted since last night when I gave up.

AMD ryzen 5 1600
Gtx 1050 ti 4gb
16 gb ram
1920x1080

I was able to play on a mix between high/medium now I have to use medium preset for stable :(

FWIW I'm running on a Ryzen 3900X, RTX 3080 with 460.89 drivers. Haven't noticed any more bugs than in 1.04. Performance is still balls though.

i was ok before patches, completed game before 1.4 patch. now after 30 mins or more, game menus going crazy. inventory and map freezes like 10-15 seconds. im not a programmer but game have definetly something wrong with its ui elements. i have no problem in game, its just menus.

Yeah, I rolled back and the game ran without problems, I updated the drivers using Geforce Experience and no problem, rock solid framerate.

I think that

A) the patch may have broke something driver related and you need to DDU it until it gets fixed, in my case after the second clean install the game started working like before 1.05.

B) the drivers are wonky from the get go and its just a case of driver shenanigans

In any case, I'm glad I got it fixed, I was about to start my 2nd playthrought too.

Edit: just tried to play again today, SAME ISSUE, I don't know what is going on, but man, this is annoying.

Same here, 5900x, RTX 3080 and 32GB RAM @ 3200mhz

in 1.04 I was playing non-RT, DLSS on Quality, 2560x1440p, on Ultra preset at 70-80 fps

With 1.05, same settings, barely scrapping 60, in an open area, If i turn the mouse I loose 20-30fps, I even saw frames dipping into the 5s and 2s, If I activate the Geforce Experience overlay I get 1 frame per second and is completely unplayable from the start, I cleaned my drivers with DDU and re-installed, same issue, verified game files in Steam did nothing, I'm reinstalling the game right now, lets hope it fixes whatever is causing this.

Edit: uninstalling and reinstalling DID NOT fix this, same issue.
Are you on 20H2?

Did any of you use a mod during 1.04? If you used a mod to fix certain issues back then, that might also cause problems together with the latest hotfix (I don't know for sure though).

Performance problems can be reported here:

Did any of you use a mod during 1.04? If you used a mod to fix certain issues back then, that might also cause problems together with the latest hotfix (I don't know for sure though).

Performance problems can be reported here:

I was using the apparently memory pool fix, but I already verified the game files and re-installed the game and drivers.

Did you remove the files that were modified before doing verify/install?
Yes

Something is very wrong right now with the PC version:

After I re-installed the drivers the game has top notch perfomance, a few crashes here and there, but 80-100 fps around town with a 5900x and a 3080

I rebooted the PC just in case and...the perfomance is worse, before the reboot I was getting 80fps and after the reboot 60fps, in the same spot.

After 1.05 patch..XBOX SERIES X buggs quest.. second run after patch quest dont work riders on the storm= cant scan vehicle tracks. 2:cyberpsycho sighting the wasteland, cant scan the blood or any briefcase. 3 the hunt- cant scan the files, file cabinet.

Things that were possible before this patch that work now doesnt work. Maybe more other quest...

Top Bottom