(1.06)Gamebreaking save bug/corruption and crashes all of a sudden

+
Im reposting this here since im not sure this is really just an Xbox issue. Im on a Series X, but if its an issue thats triggered by some bugged game internals this might affect all platforms.

so once again there seems to be a game breaking save bug similar to the one from 1.05 on the PC.

it started since yesterday where the game will either crash midgame or it will crash on loading a save after flatlining - but the important thing is that it will corrupt several game files each time, always the few most recent ones up to a certain file where the game will load again - loosing the entire progress made since that save of course.

i have no idea what might be causing it.
- my inventory is not full (i do have tons of crafting components though)
- is it something triggered by some quest state or perk I choose or smth?
- is it a particular skill/quckihack im using or gear im carrying?

it seems like there something going on in the game internasl that just breaks at some point causing this instability and its so puzzling.. especially since i was able to play the game since launch with almost no issues!
if it was a technical issue wirth the ssd/gpu or whatever, why has it never occured before? and why does it corrupt several saves, always the most recent few?

I already treid reinstalling he game, deleting and redownloading the saves from cloud.. nothing helps..
Post automatically merged:

ok so i did a little more testing: deleting saves, getting rid of crafting components..nothing helps.

it seems like the game will load a file up to point X in time, and even if I save another save right after loading the just working one the newly created save will be broken.

this leads me to a situation now where my only remaining working savefile is an autosave and if i keep on playing that autosave will too be overwritten with a corrupt save.

i dont think its an issue with my SSD since other games work fine and copying/dleting/downloading games works fine too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom