1.06 on Steam out now, still no mutagen stat fix\ Remaining bugs after 1.06

+
We'd like to let you know that this is a very minor issue and you can even finish the game without using any mutagens at all. /CDPR

Is this their comment? Does it mean that minor bugs do not worth fixing and should be forgotten? Then we probably need a meme with mutagen issue:gathering:

Tuco

Forum veteran
There are two main mutagen bugs. The one OP is talking about is the vanishing of mutagen socket boni when you reload a save without srating the game.
I have no idea of what bug you people are referring to, then, and I'm sorry to say your explanation isn't helping much. Care to share some detail?

I thought he was referring to the alchemy bug that made impossible/incredibly annoying to craft more than one of some recipes, which is definitely fixed.

1.06 is definately a hotfix not a full patch which apparently is in the works; below is the changelog from the following thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/48523-Hotfix-1-06-on-the-way-(changelog-inside)

Hotfix 1.06 on the way (changelog inside)

Right after the weekend we are planning to release a hotfix for PC (1.06). It will address the most reported issues by the community.

You can find the list of changes below. Of course the console version will follow shortly after (will be numbered 1.05) and will include some additional changes such as the save game issues fix and the money cap.

- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
- Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
- The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
- Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
- Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy

We will let you know once more details become available.

Again, we are not talking about CREATING mutagens, we talk about the LOSS OF STATS after traveling to other location \ loading a game

Woah, they still haven't fixed this in 1.06? It's one of the most annoying bugs out there, and everyone's experiencing it (probably whether they realize it or not)... crazy.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Again, we are not talking about CREATING mutagens, we talk about the LOSS OF STATS after traveling to other location \ loading a game
Which works... how, exactly?
And what's the way to check if you are affected by this bug?

Put mutagens to slots, remember statistics they give (f.e. +150 to magic power) save and exit to main menu. Then load the game and you will see f.e. +110 to magic, depending of number mutagens you put and their size. The same for red (attack) and green (health\potions).

EVERYONE is affected by this bug, just look on a stat, take out the fitting mutagen and put it back in.

And yes, the bug hasn't been fixed with 1.06, very, very sloppy.

It was announced that 1.06 is only a hotfix so it is not a huge collection of fixes. Most people complain that the game is too easy anyway so you can just take the extra challenge and not work around the mutagen bug. (I never noticed but I am currently not playing on death march...)
I play exclusively on Death March and I truly believe that the mutagen bug does not make it any more difficult to crush everything in the game with ease. That being said, it should be fixed but it's by no means gamebreaking.

Now you can craft them more than one, that's true. But mutagen stats just drop when you load the game, it is very annoying for mages on death march.

I can agree with that it should be fixed asap but I guess they fuked it up somewhere deep in the code and it will take time to fix it.
BUT
Seriously, mage build is soooooo freakin broken that if these ~40% Sign Power makes you that much of a difference you must be bad at this game.

Seriously, mage build is soooooo freakin broken that if these ~40% Sign Power makes you that much of a difference you must be bad at this game.

Maybe when my stats are + 180 instead of 220 it is irrelevant in terms of gameplay, but it is unpleasant for me to realize that I lack the points that I deserve. And small as they may seem, they are truly deserved by the amount of time and effort I put into reaching these numbers. The game should work the way it was meant to be.

Maybe when my stats are + 180 instead of 220 it is irrelevant in terms of gameplay, but it is unpleasant for me to realize that I lack the points that I deserve. And small as they may seem, they are truly deserved by the amount of time and effort I put into reaching these numbers. The game should work the way it was meant to be.

It is also only the pinnacle of the iceberg as far as broken game mechanics go.

Ok, this is the 6th patch and now it is not funny. It's been more than a month since release and we still have to replace mutagens every time we loading.
This is just ridiculous, didn't expect such attitude towards gamers. Is it really that hard to hotfix? I don't think so
OK, I'm probably also suffering from this but just haven't noticed, so correct me if I'm wrong with this post.

Looking at the OP kind of reveals why this won't have been fixed yet, or at least why it's not such a high priority as other defects; there's a workaround. I mean, I'm sure it's annoying and fiddly but at the same time kind of understandable - they've got to prioritise their work for the benefit of gamers.

Hi. Just updated to Patch 1.06 to check if my crafting bugs are gone now. But they aren't...
For example i have lot of small rune stones and glyphes but when i try to create normal (medium) ones with them, it's not possible. => ingredients missing :/
So there are 2 small glyphes needed for a medium one. I have 5 of them but in crafting menu it shows up with 0/2
Its really great when you buy lot of those Schemata for about 10k and then it's completly useless....

Br, Fletcher

Hi. Just updated to Patch 1.06 to check if my crafting bugs are gone now. But they aren't...
For example i have lot of small rune stones and glyphes but when i try to create normal (medium) ones with them, it's not possible. => ingredients missing :/
So there are 2 small glyphes needed for a medium one. I have 5 of them but in crafting menu it shows up with 0/2
Its really great when you buy lot of those Schemata for about 10k and then it's completly useless....

Br, Fletcher

Ohh, the same for me :((

Top Bottom