1.06 on Steam out now, still no mutagen stat fix\ Remaining bugs after 1.06

+
. . . there's not a public list of "acknoledged bugs"

We asked for a Bug Tracker early on, and after a lot of replies from players supporting it, one of the Devs came on, simply said No and closed the thread.

I am not affected by this bug with the mutagens in the ability tree. I check often. I also think it is very bold of you to tell what we have and don't have!!

I agree. I am not affected, and I tried removing/moving/adding back. Still the proper bonus as specified.

How can you be fairly certain it effects everyone, I've already posted that it has not affected me at all. I have died, restarted, saved restarted, dropped mutagens from ability tree so as to upgrade lesser mutagens (patch 1.05), replaced them in ability tree, no change as to stats. It does not affect everyone.

Me too. Also, on the crafting bug thing, I have been crafting mutagens without a problem. My problems are all crashing related. I'd take crafting mutagen bugs over crashing.

Cant say for other platforms, but for every pc gamer yes.

Not every PC gamer. I play on a PC and I have never witnessed my mutagen bonus disappearing after loading a game. Never.

EDIT: Sorry, I was just THAT guy, wasn't I? "Well I don't experience that bug...."

Last edited:
I am not affected by this bug with the mutagens in the ability tree. I check often. I also think it is very bold of you to tell what we have and don't have!!

So you have the ONE magic version of the game, that doesn't have the bug that everyone else has? Sure...

So you have the ONE magic version of the game, that doesn't have the bug that everyone else has? Sure...

No seriously. I don't get this bug. I didn't even know it existed until this morning and I've been checking regularly for the past few hours after every load. I mean I'm sure it's frustrating but for those of you insisting that it's universal you're way off.

My problems are all crashing related. I'd take crafting mutagen bugs over crashing.
Really strange. I played almost 180 hours and game crashed not more than 3 times and I do have mutagen bug. You on the contrary experience crashes and have no mutagen bug. Still I do hope your and my problems will be fixed asap))

Not every PC gamer. I play on a PC and I have never witnessed my mutagen bonus disappearing after loading a game. Never.
Sure it was reckless of me to write "every", I just noticed tons of people reporting this bug and there were so few people like you who had no problems. Still it is a bit disappointing to have such a nasty bug while the game runs for me perfectly well with no other bugs :)

Last edited:

Actually, at least 4 people in this thread have verified that they have checked and don't have it, so it doesn't seem there is anything magic about his copy of the game after all....

Still it is a bit disappointing to have such a nasty bug while the game runs perfectly well with no other bugs

Oh no doubt. My issues involve autodraw/autosheathing and the game choosing whether I'm in either combat or exploration state for me, which regularly gets me shot with arrows or hit in the face with something thrown by a water hag that I see coming but can do nothing about b/c Geralt doesn't realize he's in combat or mauled by something just after he put his sword away in combat... or my favorite... stuck in a boat while being shot with arrows by the bandits on the shore because I'm in combat and the game has chosen to LOCK ME TO THE TILLER.

So yeah, I understand the ants ruining the picnic.

This is only *old* glyphs looted from before 1.05. They are not the same as the craftable ones, and don't share the same properties. Whether they should/shouldn't I don't know, but newly looted, purchased or crafted lesser runes combine in pairs to make runes/glyphs from lesser ones, and again in pairs to make greater ones.

It is worth considering whether it is cheaper to dismantle a sword to recover good runes before sale, or just buying replacements. The difference is sometimes quite small. Generally I have so much money that I'm not even careful of stuff like this (I'll buy pearls *from* vendors to give them money to help offload heavy junk and weapons/armour. I had been doing it with armour repair kits and weapon repair kits till I realised they were using up almost 50kg of carrying capacity...)

Not true. Started brand new game with 1.05 and still have type A and B runes that can not be combined via crafting, so definitely not a found pre 1.05 thing.

also, not all type A/B runes have different stats - yes, some have same name, different stats (e.g. 2% vs 5%) but some have same name, same stat but cant be combined in crafting

---------- Updated at 07:04 PM ----------

Actually, at least 4 people in this thread have verified that they have checked and don't have it, so it doesn't seem there is anything magic about his copy of the game after all....

All they have verified is that they admitted didnt know the bug nor existed until told just now. What they verified is that their mutagen buff is still there - which is perfectly correct - because that is not the bug.

mutagen buff bug is not that the overall buff disappears but that you lose the delta, the greater increase to mutagen buff by using anything bettee than lesser mutagen version.

Take mutagen out, stick a greater mutagen in slot - write down buff number. QuickSave and reload game. Look at mutagen buff for that slot type (e.g attack power) and you will see you now have the same buff given by a lesser mutagen, not greater.

It is easy to miss because the buff isnt disappearing as some wording it had poorly described, it is the loss of the upgraded mutagen increase that is reset to lowest lesser value on reloads.

We asked for a Bug Tracker early on, and after a lot of replies from players supporting it, one of the Devs came on, simply said No and closed the thread.

Seriously? Hmm. Guess they don't mind keeping everyone in the dark and generating more preventable forum traffic as a result, and god knows how they're actually collecting and tracking reports. Especially for an example like this mutagen bonus bug (which almost everyone is experiencing - as other posters have mentioned, it's tricky to pick up on, so some players may have the bug and not realize it), it would just be nice to get a simple acknowledgment from the devs that it's being worked on.

But the beat goes on. At this point, considering the many other quest bugs and graphical issues still left to fix, I'll probably just drop this one for now and check back in in about six months when they've finally cleaned things up.

All they have verified is that they admitted didnt know the bug nor existed until told just now. What they verified is that their mutagen buff is still there - which is perfectly correct - because that is not the bug.

mutagen buff bug is not that the overall buff disappears but that you lose the delta, the greater increase to mutagen buff by using anything bettee than lesser mutagen version.

Take mutagen out, stick a greater mutagen in slot - write down buff number. QuickSave and reload game. Look at mutagen buff for that slot type (e.g attack power) and you will see you now have the same buff given by a lesser mutagen, not greater.

It is easy to miss because the buff isnt disappearing as some wording it had poorly described, it is the loss of the upgraded mutagen increase that is reset to lowest lesser value on reloads.

I understand perfectly well how it is affecting those who have it. Just because I am stating something contrary to what you are saying does not mean I don't understand the issue at hand. Yes, others have also said they have not noticed, or bothered to check, but I was not referring to those people.

There are several others in this very thread who have tested it, replacing mutagens, verifying numbers, loading a save and verifying numbers etc...and it doesn't change. They have stated the facts as clear as day that this bug is not affecting their mutagen bonus. Some people are just not affected by this apparent bug. I'm not sure why that is such a big deal to some posters.

I understand perfectly well how it is affecting those who have it. Just because I am stating something contrary to what you are saying does not mean I don't understand the issue at hand. Yes, others have also said they have not noticed, or bothered to check, but I was not referring to those people.

There are several others in this very thread who have tested it, replacing mutagens, verifying numbers, loading a save and verifying numbers etc...and it doesn't change. They have stated the facts as clear as day that this bug is not affecting their mutagen bonus. Some people are just not affected by this apparent bug. I'm not sure why that is such a big deal to some posters.

I believe you. And believe you are sincere. You are the very first, however, to actually correctly state how the bug happens- and that your denial of it includes the specific change in increased value, not just the overall buff disappearing. Sometimes wording doesn't matter, in this case I'm afraid it really does.

Can't vouch for other responders, but for me it is not a big deal or have some personal stake in pushing an agenda that 100% has or doesn't have any specific bug. I am however like I am sure many of the posters here are, either a programmer or well versed in coding, and generally bugs of this type - meaning a specific mechanic, not a degree of effect like say a graphical glitch - are mostly, not always, but huge proportion - a fairly consistent issue.

Unlike hollywood views of programing, bugs are not magical, they are not mysterious - and while some can be major pita to diagnose and debug, most of those are in the category of degree of effect bugs - not specific mechanics bugs like this one. Again I won't say 100%, but in my experience, the vast majority - won't quote a number because I possibly can't know that - but let's just stick with vast majority - of game mechanic bugs tied to specific value and not a degree of effect issue, are indeed on/off, happens to 100% of users or none.

In this case, perhaps it is a corner case that allows it to work for some but not others - e.g. only affects red and blue, but not green mutagens, who knows - haven't bothered to test every scenario. What I do know is regardless whether one side has a personal agenda or not, it clearly is not a good thing it is happening to let's agree on 'good percentage of players' - whether that is 51%+ majority, or 49%- minority, the safe conclusion from numerous threads on it so far is - happens to a "lot" of players, so needs to be fixed.

Just to clarify - I have no idea if I have this bug or not. I am at work right now and frankly, never heard of it until this thread. I will certainly be checking it this evening.

My posts were just based on reading the replies of Billymack53, etsubmariner13 and whitelion1284 to name a few who stated clearly they had done these things to check for it and could not duplicate the bug.

Would be nice if there was an actual fix for stuttering, especially in populated areas. 50-60 fps at most areas in Novigrad yet the game stutters so bad and seems to skip frames entirely, really annoying.

The game has been out almost a month, we got a bit of DLC already, wish they'd focus a bit more on bugfixes - issues with the mutagen and alchemy stuff need to be fixed.

Thanks
Just to clarify - I have no idea if I have this bug or not. I am at work right now and frankly, never heard of it until this thread. I will certainly be checking it this evening.

My posts were just based on reading the replies of Billymack53, etsubmariner13 and whitelion1284 to name a few who stated clearly they had done these things to check for it and could not duplicate the bug.
Thanks rikj1984, just get the feeling most of the time in these forums, if you are not in with the majority, you are wrong. I have actually known about this bug for quite a while, and have been checking often. At 140 hrs now. I guess, for whatever reason, I have been one of the fortunate ones. The only problem I have had was with combining mutagens after patch 1.05.

Except you would be the first confirmed player who doesn't have that bug. So yeah, you have it too and you're not checking your stats properly.

Seriously, can the guys claiming that they don't have this bug record a video of them loading a save, removing all mutagens and adding them back?

Last edited:
Except you would be the first confirmed player who doesn't have that bug. So yeah, you have it too and you're not checking your stats properly.

Seriously, can the guys claiming that they don't have this bug record a video of them loading a save, removing all mutagens and adding them back?

Very strange yeah...maybe they play in console or something? Or they really don't get what the bug is about?

Obviously it is, otherwise it would be done by now.

But you know better, you're a programmer right?

No I'm not. Obviously I have an ability and right to assume and for me, an ordinary man, without any skill in programming, this thing seems to be a minor bug by comparison with other more serious things people around experience. And now it seems obvious they had to postpone the game to prevent all this mess.

By the way the amount of passed time does not always indicate the level of difficulty, maybe they did not know about it and we had to get attention to this thread. Who knows...

Obviously it is, otherwise it would be done by now.

But you know better, you're a programmer right?

It is as much a fallacy to assume it wasn't fixed because it is really hard, as it is to think it must be very easy to fix.

You don't need to be a programmer - but if you've ever worked or currently work in the software dev industry of any kind, and have watched, participated, or been involved with the dreaded priority allocation meetings, then you'll know exactly how lots of easy things get ignored and hard things get done, or vice versa.

First, as a participant in many of these always contentious meetings, there is never an optimal agreement to what should make or not make the stacked priority list of what project / bug / funding / etc gets done, and in what order.

Second, hard or easy has nothing to do with it, or at least - not by itself. A determination of how frequent the issue arrises - along with how deep the consequence is when it does arise - are the usual core deciders. Toss in that the assumption or reported information of how often and how much consequence may be mistaken - either by the users or by the dev, or some combo of the two - and these priority meetings are generally a bit of science and stab in the dark at the same time.

If you've never been involved in one, it's hard to really explain. Just take it as a given if you can accept it, that regardless which industry niche - gaming, corporate software, whatever - there are only two universal truths during the meetings - and it doesn't matter if you are in small company Nobody or 120+ Billion AT&T -

1st - universal condition - there will always - always - be more priority items listed as "high", P0, P1, whatever flagging used by your company for serious issues that has been decided, correctly or incorrectly, that it affects many and has serious consequences - than you have resources / time to address.

2nd - universal condition - everyone leaves these meetings feeling like at least one of their pet issues didn't get addressed - whether you represent the programmers, product management, finance, whatever - every stakeholder group leaves this feeling like one or more of their major issues didn't make the cut - which means at least one or more of their core constituents (e.g. You, us, the gamers, the people who pay them, etc) will feel like we didn't get some 'easy' or 'hard' issue addressed.

Top Bottom