1.07 and witcher gear

+
I don't think the expansions will change anything except letting you overlevel even more.

I would guess these expansions will be integrated into the flow of the game and not be patched-on at the end of it with like being level 30+ quests.

This isnt normal, this has never happened. Automatic upgrade

Spoilers below.

PLayed the game on normal, hard, and now hardest. Before Uma is put under the trial we drink and play qwent together before falling asleep then waking up to put uma under the trial. When I woke up i noticed i was sleeping on the ground, naked. First chance i had i went to put my armor and weapons back on but everything is Xed out with a big red X. After looking closer i noticed all my gear leveled up to superior and well over my level. my gear went from level 24 to level 30. Now i have to craft everything over again.

This never happened before. Everything still has my upgrades on them so i guess ill have to dismantle everything to get my stones back.

Spoilers below.

PLayed the game on normal, hard, and now hardest. Before Uma is put under the trial we drink and play qwent together before falling asleep then waking up to put uma under the trial. When I woke up i noticed i was sleeping on the ground, naked. First chance i had i went to put my armor and weapons back on but everything is Xed out with a big red X. After looking closer i noticed all my gear leveled up to superior and well over my level. my gear went from level 24 to level 30. Now i have to craft everything over again.

This never happened before. Everything still has my upgrades on them so i guess ill have to dismantle everything to get my stones back.

it's been noted elsewhere that the level requirements for Witcher gear and upgrades has been adjusted upwards more in line with the suggested quest levels in Patch 1.07. So it is introduced in this patch.

All the master-crafted gear is now level 34. They adjusted requirements with this patch and it's incredibly stupid what they've done. There are a bunch of threads complaining about this, and I'm hoping they fix it soon.

It's funny, because they made such a great game and then went and did something so stupid.

wow, ok well i missed those threads thanks for the heads up. The game doesnt run near as good as it did before the patch.

Agreed for the 10th time across threads. Stupid idea. Why is there no response in any of these threads yet? I'm smelling a patch 1.071 that removes that move.

I really hope they come back to the old requirements, at least for the old savegames, i am screwed as of now because i don't have an armor matching my level! Dismantle my mastercrafted armor to rebuild a superior one is a waste of time and resources. I can't believe they didn't realize that people suddenly find themselves "naked" after the patch!

They shouldn't have raised the requirements, they should've lowered them, lol.

As it was before, you got to wear your mastercrafted set for act 3 at most, and that's 3-4 hours.

NOBODY gets to level 34 before the end of the game in Deathmarch.

As I see it, the requirements should've gone lower and the difficulty of the game should've raised. There's no point in negating the player to get stuff.

But well, I guess this is kinda hard with the weird XP management they did in this game.

Actually...I don't believe it is that hard. I think they have a pretty good idea where players end up level-wise during certain stages of the game and especially at the end. Makes it even more mind-boggling why they decided to screw the mastercrafted armors so hard with this patch...

Like I said earlier: It's as if they erased the mastercraftet stuff out off the game. Who returns to Velen during the final stages of the game (afaik you're in Skellige then) just to craft the armor?? Why would they do this, or why would they think this a good idea??? I'm at a loss.

Actually...I don't believe it is that hard. I think they have a pretty good idea where players end up level-wise during certain stages of the game and especially at the end. Makes it even more mind-boggling why they decided to screw the mastercrafted armors so hard with this patch...

Like I said earlier: It's as if they erased the mastercraftet stuff out off the game. Who returns to Velen during the final stages of the game (afaik you're in Skellige then) just to craft the armor?? Why would they do this, or why would they think this a good idea??? I'm at a loss.

Agreed. It's like they no longer want anyone to get enjoyment out of an entire tier of game content. Not only are they the best statted equipments in the game - they look the coolest.

I've found a couple answers to this before (hopefully) CDPR rolls back this insane decision, but unfortunately, you can only use them on PC. (They're mods.)
This one only works for the Wolf School armors. It's basically a workaround for the level requirement system, getting rid of it on the Wolf stuff. Which is pretty great. I don't think there should have been level requirements at all. It's such an "immersion breaking" move. Why not simply place them in harder and harder to reach places, so that you "require" a tougher Geralt to reach them? They put soooo much thought into this game, I don't understand how they dropped the ball there. Anyway, the mod's author also currently doing a mod for the other 3 schools' gears, so that'll be out soon. http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/271/?

This one removes the exp cap for quests under your level, making it possible to hit level 34 at a place where you can actually enjoy your gear for a noticeable amount of time. For those of us who like level requirements, but think giving level requirements that some people never even hit is insane. http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/?

Last edited:
I was also surprised by this. I would wager the majority of players fail to actually hit level 34 by the time they beat the game. Even those who do reach 34 have what, an hour or two to play with the mastercrafted gear before it's pointless?

I love CDPR and this game as much as the next guy, but unless they're planning to launch a NG+SOON, this remains a weird and utterly unnecessary change.

Even so, a NG+ shouldn't be mandatory and the only way to enjoy the best gear in a game. People do play differently, granted. I for one usually play through a game once, turn every stone, pick every item and then that's it. There are exceptions though, the Witcher games among them, but between sessions there usually was a long pause.

Basically all gears now match their quest levels. Here they are

Griffin: 11-18-26-34
Feline: 17-23-29-34
Ursine: 20-25-30-34
wolf: 14-21-29-34

Agreed. It's like they no longer want anyone to get enjoyment out of an entire tier of game content. Not only are they the best statted equipments in the game - they look the coolest.

I've found a couple answers to this before (hopefully) CDPR rolls back this insane decision, but unfortunately, you can only use them on PC. (They're mods.)
This one only works for the Wolf School armors. It's basically a workaround for the level requirement system, getting rid of it on the Wolf stuff. Which is pretty great. I don't think there should have been level requirements at all. It's such an "immersion breaking" move. Why not simply place them in harder and harder to reach places, so that you "require" a tougher Geralt to reach them? They put soooo much thought into this game, I don't understand how they dropped the ball there. Anyway, the mod's author also currently doing a mod for the other 3 schools' gears, so that'll be out soon. http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/271/?

This one removes the exp cap for quests under your level, making it possible to hit level 34 at a place where you can actually enjoy your gear for a noticeable amount of time. For those of us who like level requirements, but think giving level requirements that some people never even hit is insane. http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/?

Unfortunately, 2/3 of the sales are on console. We can't have mods, it's up to CDPR to fix that.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, 2/3 of the sales are on console. We can't have mods, it's up to CDPR to fix that.

As far as I know, it would be up to Microsoft and Sony to fix that one, not CDPR. I wish you guys COULD have mods. I don't know what I'd do without them. Mods absolutely MAKE gaming for me.

As far as I know, it would be up to Microsoft and Sony to fix that one, not CDPR. I wish you guys COULD have mods. I don't know what I'd do without them. Mods absolutely MAKE gaming for me.

I was saying that it's up to CDPR to solve the issues that the new level requirements have created for people who are playing the game.

For the mods, yes it's up to Sony and Microsoft,i have read a recent news that they are thinking about bringing mods on consoles in the future. I hope so!

I was saying that it's up to CDPR to solve the issues that the new level requirements have created for people who are playing the game.

For the mods, yes it's up to Sony and Microsoft,i have read a recent news that they are thinking about bringing mods on consoles in the future. I hope so!

That would be fantastic, Abex. Let's hope they don't try to monetize them like that terrible company whose name I won't mention did a while ago. (It did backfire on them - terribly - however, which was satisfying.)

Top Bottom