1.07 and witcher gear

+
The 34 level cap for the master gear really makes it kinda worthless. It already had its very brief use throughout the game and it's now even shortened. I fail to see the point of these changes.

From another thread:

Marcin Mormot replied to us in another thread. Here's a copy/paste:

We would like to shed some light on the change in statistics of some created items after the patch 1.07. It happened because the original stats had been unintentionally lowered during the balancing period of the base version of the game. We felt that completing a scavenger hunt for gear designed for level 17 shouldn't award you with level 15 equipment. Because of that, we've decided to increase the level requirement of gear obtained that way slightly. This also means that we increased their stats to reflect their importance and uniqueness and maintain the balance of the game.

He's gotten replies in said other thread but hasn't replied as of yet. My main concern here is how it's possible to /unintentionally/ do anything to the stats of the gear every single player of the game is trying to get - essentially, the best gear in the game.

The 34 level cap for the master gear really makes it kinda worthless. It already had its very brief use throughout the game and it's now even shortened. I fail to see the point of these changes.

It blows my mind, how or why you would actively and deliberately BREAK your game like this. NO ONE ANYWHERE asked for this it wasn't broken, it wasn't a bug, it actually worked fine and made perfect sense. You would get the gear relatively late, but early enough to enjoy it for a couple of hours of playtime. Now you can get the armor, after you finished the game...like...when I don't need it anymore...unbelievable stupid move by CDPR. Now people have to install a mod, to keep so the game makes sense again.

The levels of witchers gears patch 1.07

I just wanna say, before this patch, it was still not cool for gamers who wanna play in alchemy skill tree, cause you can get bear armor only at level 18. and other armors were Griffin level 8, and feline level 13, and every upgrade in next 5 levels ( 1 time 7 levels to the final upgrade). Now the Griffin gear level 11, feline level 17 and bear set level 20, it's uncomfortable. Lol just think for start role playing as alchemist you need to complete 60% of the game and 50% for the fast atake swordsman build. Ofc you can wear and craft some random armor with stats your need.I think they need to change that. Also in this thread is want to thank CDPR for nerfing magic skill tree, and for balancing some enhanced swords ( they have less crit chance now). But please change back the level requirements for witcher gear. And for future season pass dlc, it would be cool if you add more skills for the skill trees, and add Viper gear set.:cirisad:

People already easily make broken builds because of the mutagen multiplier with the 12 skill slots we have now.

Adding anymore would just destroy the game.

Can't help but think it would have been better to have kept it the same as Witcher's 1 and 2 and simply not have level requirements for equipment.

People already easily make broken builds because of the mutagen multiplier with the 12 skill slots we have now.

Adding anymore would just destroy the game.
Someone linked a build screenie with mutagen bonus of 60% for signs.How is that possible. I only got 40% by slotting a big blue mutagen, for example. Is there some advanced crafting for big mutagens I missed?

Google did not give me a satisfying result.

Someone linked a build screenie with mutagen bonus of 60% for signs.How is that possible. I only got 40% by slotting a big blue mutagen, for example. Is there some advanced crafting for big mutagens I missed?

Google did not give me a satisfying result.
Synergy skill from alchemy tree. Maxed out 5/5 gives 50% bonus from mutagens.

Yo, there is 4 op builds, and i wanted to make builds on youtube after 5 days playing the game, but now there a lot of vids with Title like, OMG OMG OMG BEST BUILD EVER OP. but in fact only couple vids are good. But it's doesn't mean that game no need a new skills in skills trees, but main point of the thread is level requirement for witchers sets.

Mastercrafted Feline Gear level requirement question

Played this game a lot, but I took some time off now during summer, and when I came back I noticed I could'nt equip my Mastercafted Feline gear anymore. Three of my pieces got unequipped at the barber.(Both swords and chestpiece) My boots, legs and gloves are still equipped, but the requirement for equipping them is now lvl 34, so I cant equip my swords of chestpiece again. This seems kinda weird, because when i played last time, the level requirement was lvl 30 and 31. I am still level 31, I am playing on PS4, is this a bug or did they legit change the requirements?

witcher gear as of now : mastercrafted is way too strong ... it even broke the balance at death march .... well now you cant equip it anymore on a normal playthrough (1.07) ...because you get less exp on death march and .... nonono .... lvl requirements should be lower while stats should be nerved .... result = you can wear mastercrafted around lvl 20-25 and it wouldnt break the game balance ...

ps : griffin school techniques SHOULD NOT give bonus on stamina regeneration .... the whole point of the different WEIGHT classes is that they give more or less stamina regen .... griffin school techniques (general skill tree = 5 stamina regen for each medium armor piece) breaks that concept ..... The bonus stamina regenration is totally misplaced here & should be removed - MAJOR FLAW... sign intensity alone is enough ...

PLS ADJUST this

Last edited:
I am so dumb !!

I am level 21 and I have the enhanced Griffin set and all the diagrams for the superior ones including all crafting items, so I decided to craft them from now ( you have to be level 26 to use them ) and next thing I know Geralt is in his underwear lmao. Didn't realize that upgrading to superior takes away the enhanced Griffin set.

I also didn't have any money left, so I was like no way I will play the next 5 levels with no armour, but luckily the last loaded save was with the enhanced Griffin set, so yay !

Don't make the same mistake I did, but if you did, make sure to load a previous save immediately !

On a side note : When will they finally fix the " Get Junior " bug in the Partisian camp ? I am getting bored of side quests ..

---------- Updated at 05:29 PM ----------

Hello guys and gals,

We're sorry we didn't reply to this thread earlier. We are very much aware of the issue and we are also aware that it is widespread.
We have been working very hard to fix this since 1.07 came along and we're happy to inform you that the issue will be fixed in the upcoming 1.08 patch.

As for the date of the 1.08 release I can say the following: Patches for consoles need to be certified before they are released, and they are released as soon as they are approved. We are waiting for approval now.

:):):)

Wait so the patch is ready ? And i have to wait for MS an sony to approve it before it comes to PC yet again. I understand that console guys will get mad if its on PC first... but that is just the way it is ffs.

Wait so the patch is ready ? And i have to wait for MS an sony to approve it before it comes to PC yet again. I understand that console guys will get mad if its on PC first... but that is just the way it is ffs.

I play on PS4 and if its ready for PC before PS4 or Xbox .. then release it. Whoever gets upset is childish really. Its stupid

witcher gear as of now : mastercrafted is way too strong ... it even broke the balance at death march .... well now you cant equip it anymore on a normal playthrough (1.07) ...because you get less exp on death march and .... nonono .... lvl requirements should be lower while stats should be nerved .... result = you can wear mastercrafted around lvl 20-25 and it wouldnt break the game balance ...

ps : griffin school techniques SHOULD NOT give bonus on stamina regeneration .... the whole point of the different WEIGHT classes is that they give more or less stamina regen .... griffin school techniques (general skill tree = 5 stamina regen for each medium armor piece) breaks that concept ..... The bonus stamina regenration is totally misplaced here & should be removed - MAJOR FLAW... sign intensity alone is enough ...

PLS ADJUST this

It is *not* true that you get less experience on Death March.
I am currently (legitimately) wearing some mastercrafted armour pieces (though most I own are superior only). I am still doing battle preparation in Skellige, just recovered FV and SS, and have to go find Yen and Ciri after the next few sidequests I am finishing off.

I have always been struggling with avoiding overlevelling ~ so far I have a small queue of missed (now greyed) quests (from level 11 to level 28 ) that I never got around to doing while 'valid', and have never done a "red quest" nor many quests at my own level (most 4-5 levels below character). I haven't done most of the abandoned sites, nor caches/treasures, although I have cleared those I have stumbled over I haven't gone out of my way ~ board quests, 'quest giver' quests and main quest follow-ons were the main focus, and I still have a scattering of the Witcher Gear quests to complete too (the remaining Mastercrafted sets).

Last edited:
Top Bottom