1.07 FPS Decrease (Video)

+
Ok, my problems were fixed by turning shadows down to High. Also turned off hairworks because it shits the bed with a lot of wolves on screen.

However, I think I encountered Gallarian's bug in Novigrad.

https://i.imgur.com/yJvLg1U.jpg

In the red circle area my fps drops by 20 and my cpu usage goes up by 20. If i walk a few feet away it's fine. Totally dependent on Geralt's placement.

---------- Updated at 01:36 PM ----------

If i load a save in that area it's fine, until I leave and come back.

Yeah, exact same spot

Well there we go. Something in the environment triggered by the player passing a threshold is causing massive CPU chugs.-I can walk all around the problem area after loading a save and it's fine, but as soon as I leave some threshold and cross it again it starts.

I finally found others who are having similar issues as I am! Everywhere else in the game I can get +100fps, but right when I get to this location my frames drop to around 50-60fps! Have you guys reported this in as a bug?

Here is an album of my performance.http://imgur.com/a/L3DEK

I just submitted it with a link to this thread and my screenshot. I don't think I formatted it correctly with bug tags, but hopefully it still gets looked at. Who knows? Maybe it'll be fixed in 1.08.

Last edited:
We can only hope. Considering I'm running on a 4790k, GTX 980Ti and 16GB of RAM, if I'm getting drops from 140 to 60, I can't imagine what others are getting.

We can only hope. Considering I'm running on a 4790k, GTX 980Ti and 16GB of RAM, if I'm getting drops from 140 to 60, I can't imagine what others are getting.

Does the 353.62 driver help at all? It seems to have helped me (GTX780 SLI) with a more stable frame rate in 1.07 but I still get a little stuttering any time it rains or it's foggy.

it is a bug, in the exact same spot Iam getting fps drops but not so huge one ,but I can feel it
from 70 to 55, 53..
anyways there is also some bugs that cause fps drops, near Opinicus monster near that tree which Ive posted screenshots about fps drops
there is a bug where you drop below the earth and fly to the end of the map, in time and space

those are just some areas which are not optimized and have bugs, the game is too huge but they did very good job.
When Ive asked PROJEKT RED what is the new thing in performance in 1.07 , they answered to me that they've added some cpu demanding graphical performancesin the latest patch. And I think that it might the issue to fps drops that some are getting, but all in all some areas are not that well optimized in that new "thingy"

Ive fixed my fps issues in latest patch by lowering the shadowss to high from ultra
y I know it is not the fix for those who still whine about graphic and want everything on max
well either you rely on some fixes or you stop playing, your choice
as I've said before it is hard to optimize the game for every PC config out there but they are doing great job
and the game is almost perfect. It is a huge game , and they are obviously trying to add more things to pc gamers , sometimes it can cause more problems then solutions but give it a time , 3 months have passed and they are doing very good with the game.

cheers

for those having fps issues
try maximum prerender frames to 1
hairworks preset low
shadows high/medium
maximum performance

and for people who cant tell difference beetwen 40 and 60 fps are lol
I have a friend who also dont see difference
he told me that he is playing lets say heroes of the storm smooth
but when Ive come to him and saw 23 fps in midd game,, I was like ..okay..
some people just dont notice that and then they are saying it is smooth
so I kinda realize that

so dont listen everyone on forum with their gtx 970 980 telling you tthat they are running game perfectly without problems
either they wont admit , or they are lying or they dont notice difference
its all bullcrap

Last edited:
Snaplexity, did you happen to report in the bug for the Novigrad area? Also, where would I find the area for the tree?

Got a response:

"Thank you for your feedback and for paying attention to details.

We introduced a lot of improvements to our game along with Patch 1.07. Few locations, including Novigrad, were changed to display without streaming, therefore game had become more CPU intensive."

Let's hope this generic and totally missing the point response doesn't mean we're screwed.

How is that "totally missing the point"?

He is basically saying in 1.07, they introduced improvements in CPU usage that affects how texture streaming works in a few locations, (such as one focused on in this thread for example). It's pretty obvious he is acknowledging the issue we are talking about, which means hopefully they will be able to fix it.

I think you need to do a better job of understanding the focus of what non-english speaking game designers are trying to tell you. :)

How is that "totally missing the point"?

He is basically saying in 1.07, they introduced improvements in CPU usage that affects how texture streaming works in a few locations, (such as one focused on in this thread for example). It's pretty obvious he is acknowledging the issue we are talking about, which means hopefully they will be able to fix it.

I think you need to do a better job of understanding the focus of what non-english speaking game designers are trying to tell you. :)

Because the issue isn't Novigrad. It's one little tiny slice of Novigrad. And how does that response indicate in any way that the problem was acknowledged? The only way I interpret that is "working as intended."

The problem isn't that Novigrad has become more CPU intensive. It's that one little tiny area within Novigrad has become CPU destroying, totally atypical of the rest of the city.

I could maybe see your interpretation, especially through the lense of a non-English responder, but it seems more to me like a generic brush off WAI.

Last edited:
... how does that response indicate in any way that the problem was acknowledged? The only way I interpret that is "working as intended." .

Like I said, I think the problem might be with your interpretation. I've received quite a few emails from these guys and it takes a second look sometimes to get their meaning.

He said, "...therefore game had become more CPU intensive." He is explaining to you what happened with the patch. The issue is clearly a section of un-optimized coding that was revealed, and it's not the way it's supposed to work. This is the explanation why it happened. Look at the notes for 1.08. Very first listing under Performance.

He also said, "Few locations", acknowledging it's not 'just Novigrad'.

I definitely do not take that response as a mere 'brush off'. I think they will fix it.

I hope you're right. I do have faith in CDPR to iron out all the kinks. The game's really not been out that long, and they clearly care about what they're doing. I just hope all the whining from people hasn't poisoned their outlook.

Ok, well, you were wrong and I was right. Here is his response after I explained it in more detail:

"is performance is to be expected for your setup if you're playing on Ultra.
If you stand in one place for longer time and then move rapidly around, FPS drops are to be expected and natural."

Same bullshit they told Gallarian.

---------- Updated at 01:43 PM ----------

Repeated refinement of explanation and providing him with a direct link to that video does nothing. Repeats the same cookie-cutter responses about minimum requirements and shit. Completely ignoring the reality of the situation. I will continue bumping this thread and make my own threads if this isn't fixed with 1.08.

---------- Updated at 02:33 PM ----------

"I can well assure you that I watched the video few times, even had my colleagues do so too. I appreciate your concern and attention to details, but still I must insist that your performance is good and is no subject to further investigation on our end. I'm sorry."

Am I taking crazy pills?

Top Bottom