1.07 PC graphic

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.07 PC graphic

Graphically, nothing has changed from the disastrous cut graphics patch 1.05. I think you have limited use of VRAM. There is no combination of settings which can bring the game to the levels of the first day.It is a great disappointment for all those who have spent money in a good PC.
Next time I will not deceive the wonderful movies prior to the launch of the game, because I know that will be destroyed to allow him to turn on the console and on little-performing PC. For years now PC gamers entusiast are the least considered in the world of video games...

jj284b

Forum veteran
not sure why are you so surprised... all games these days reduce graphics so those "next gen" consoles could run it at least 30 FPS... Sony and MS chosen way too obsolete HW for their consoles again...

His post was a bunch of made up gibberish.

Can you say if anything has been done about the LOD issues such as character hair switching LOD during cutscenes and just close distances in general, or other improvements?

Since I'm not in the Tech field I am hesitant to say anything regarding such things. I know the team has worked hard to make improvements across the board, but I don't know the specifics. However, there will be a comprehensive Patch Notes within the week.

Since I'm not in the Tech field I am hesitant to say anything regarding such things. I know the team has worked hard to make improvements across the board, but I don't know the specifics. However, there will be a comprehensive Patch Notes within the week.

GingerEffect,

Are the patch notes complete and they are readying to post the list for all platforms, or are they still actively fixing things and possibly adding as much as they can to the list before it becomes final this week?

thanks.

Again, as I am not in the tech department, I cannot say for sure where exactly things are at.

However, once we post the patch notes, those should be comprehensive.

The patch seems to be released on steam apparently but it doesn't seem to be the case on gog. Is that normal? A friend of mine got it on steam and I can't take it on gog.

No, he did not. The 2.2 Gb update is an update for artworks, soundtracks, whatever. 1.07 does not even have patch notes yet.

2.2gb update artworks soundtrack??? are u joke? lol

mostly videos... extras were seperately downloadable and 5gb at start, videos were already 1.5gb, artwork is 500 mb, soundtrack uncompressed 500mb, graphics 600 mb and language specific goodie packs 800 mb each

Last edited:
Going back to the graphical comments, I'm not sure where this complaint about graphics being "toned down for consoles" is coming from.

1.) Developers always render E3 videos and gameplay demos with bells and whistles that will never make it into final games. This has been going on since the 90's and will continue to go on in the future. It's the same as making a movie trailer -- the movie is not even finished yet, but I'm gonna start promoting it. And I'm gonna make it look as dang good as I can, even though the actual cinema release may look very different.

2.) There is virtually no difference in graphical quality on any system. In fact, I can get the game looking much richer, more detailed, and running more smoothly on my desktop than on any console. The options may not be in the game, but they are there.

3.) The original E3 footage was rendered with a very cool-looking, sombre, and haunting color palette. Basically, it just took the blue up and washed the image with a grey filter. I can see why the devs chose to add color into the pallete for the actual release. It was a design decision -- not a "dumbing down" of the graphics. It would get pretty dull looking at a grey saturation constantly.

2.) There is virtually no difference in graphical quality on any system. In fact, I can get the game looking much richer, more detailed, and running more smoothly on my desktop than on any console. The options may not be in the game, but they are there.

Ya, I have the game on PC and my brother plays it on his PS4. There literally is no contest between the two versions if you have a good PC. The PS4 version looks flat and the textures (especially faces) look quite muddy. Not to mention the fact that the game barely runs at 30FPS, with dips to even - what looks like - ~10 FPS. I cannot fathom how anyone with functioning eyes can say that the console versions look as good as the PC.

On Win 10 the game uses 2-3 times the amount of VRAM I'm getting over 10GB VRAM usage on each of the cards @ 5K, the streaming is still there, so probably a driver provisioning / texture compression errata's than anything else.

Running Nsight and PIX/VSGD traces on the game show that it streams textures from both the RAM and the disk for reasons that i can't understand, since the textures also exist in VRAM or at least should.
Walking in and out of LOD domains should not trigger texture read from RAM yet alone the HDD but it does in this game...

Ughh... I made the decision a while ago to not even attempt gaming on a Win10 machine until well after the first service pack.

Until I see otherwise I'm sticking with that plan.

Personally, I never upgrade to a new version of Windows until I absolutely have to. Got an i7-4790K and GTX 980 ti running on Windows 7 x64 at the moment. No issues to speak of.

Unlike most of my Windows 8+ friends. :devil:

Whoops!

Let us avoid Platform Wars and Downgrade Combat, please.

Still a little raw under that scab.

Have a reminder Pony.

Graphically, nothing has changed from the disastrous cut graphics patch 1.05. I think you have limited use of VRAM. There is no combination of settings which can bring the game to the levels of the first day.It is a great disappointment for all those who have spent money in a good PC.
Next time I will not deceive the wonderful movies prior to the launch of the game, because I know that will be destroyed to allow him to turn on the console and on little-performing PC. For years now PC gamers entusiast are the least considered in the world of video games...
How can people say that... I am impressed by the game's graphics each an every time I play it. OK, it's not as good looking as E3 2013, but it's still the best looking game (at least RPG) available. CDPRed as regularly published gameplay videos reflecting the actual graphics since early 2014, so don't act like you've been ripped off :dry:. Just tweak the .settings and .ini if you can't live with how "disastrous" the game looks as it is.

And there is no difference between the 1.2 and the current version of the game, just check that on Youtube. Plus VRAM usage is just fine.

Please go rabbit on about all this somewhere else. :kiss:

Going back to the graphical comments, I'm not sure where this complaint about graphics being "toned down for consoles" is coming from.

1.) Developers always render E3 videos and gameplay demos with bells and whistles that will never make it into final games. This has been going on since the 90's and will continue to go on in the future. It's the same as making a movie trailer -- the movie is not even finished yet, but I'm gonna start promoting it. And I'm gonna make it look as dang good as I can, even though the actual cinema release may look very different.

3.) The original E3 footage was rendered with a very cool-looking, sombre, and haunting color palette. Basically, it just took the blue up and washed the image with a grey filter. I can see why the devs chose to add color into the pallete for the actual release. It was a design decision -- not a "dumbing down" of the graphics. It would get pretty dull looking at a grey saturation constantly.

1\2\3. Not quite true, while demos are more vertical slices than actual representative content of the finished article those demos are made on a PC, thus, what you see in the demos is what PC hardware is capable of but because of the retarded notion of parity across all platforms this is where the "dumbing down" steps in. Modern PC hardware is multitudes more powerful than whats in the PS4 or XB1, my PC is hardly cutting edge where I'm waiting for something worth upgrading to but a i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz and a HD7970 @ 1160 \ 6700 stomps the utter shit out of the hardware the PS4 and XB1 have inside them. I do think though that if CDPR had simply added a option in the graphics menu for particle count and density that a lot of the graphical downgrade controversy could of been avoided but they still wouldn't of escaped the terrible LOD popping complaints people have berated CDPR for, berating that is well deserved I might add PC gamers own PCs so they do not have to put up with that kind of thing. More knowledgeable \ observant people still would notice the horrendous geometry in the retail game compared to the demos, those two final points in particular show CDPR shifted their vision to a console orientated one and didn't have the decency \ couldn't be bothered to do the minor bit of geometry work required for the PC version so PC gamers didn't have to feel like they were playing a game from 2008 when they looked at geometry in the game.

Yep, the lack of options on PC is the real problem. We need options.

Exactly. While I won't condemn CDPR for the crap geometry on \ in buildings and walls in general I will blast them for not having options in the graphics menu for particle count and density along with terrible LOD distances. Those problems are easily remedied with graphics menu settings, hell, most of those problems you can cure if you are willing to go digging around in XML and INI files so why on earth the PC version doesn't have the options put in to the graphics menu boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom