1.07 Ruined my Geralt :'))

+
Thank you for the response, Marcin. Honestly, I think we all assumed this was the case already. What we're wondering, however, is what the 2 posters above me have already asked. It doesn't seem right to have to use a mod to enable the console to additem armor, then use another mod to nerf its stats, just so that I can see the coolest looking armor in the game for longer than an hour of my 130 hour playthrough. Didn't someone bring any of this up before making this decision?

Also, I'm not quite sure I get what you mean by "unintentionally lowered". Does this mean it was just a mistake? That seems like a HUGE mistake to make concerning the best items in the game - the ones every single player playing is trying to get.

Also, also, no one is complaining about the lower levels of this gear, which is what you mentioned. ALL of the complaints are about the highest (master-crafted) versions. Could you please address this specifically, and any plans going forward?

Also, also, also, would it be possible to put the 1.06 patch version up online, so that those whose game has been hurt by this can roll back, should they so choose? (This has been done by other companies, simply because a patch "broke" their mods. They were kind enough to let us roll back in order to use mods and play the way we liked.) That seems like a temporary win/win to me.

Last edited:
Okay and now what could someone stranded on level 32 do when the only two pieces of armor - which cost me most of my ressources in terms of money and crafting - are now two whole level off?

My choices are

a) going naked for two level
b) craft something that is cheap or
c) go back to when I was still level 29

a) is out of the question, b) would take a good part of fun out the game, because I spend so much time collecting that gear and c) would cost me several hours of gameplay, I would proably end up before Kaer Morhen. You know, that part of the game that really got me going, it was fantastic. Going back and replaying it just because of this "design glitch" would ruin the atmosphere.

This blow really takes the fun out of the game right now and I'm not sure I'm gonna finish it. This was (to be) the best game I played for the past 10 or 15 years and now this. :(

What your post also failed to mention was the idea behind giving the best gear to the players for what feels like the last 15 minutes of the game. Not to mention that many will be in a place in the game where they couldn't craft the armor unless leaving the story mission just to do it. Did you ever reflect how this would hurt immersion? Did you think about how people wouldn't be able to really appreciate the best gear when they have it for such a short time?

All points I agree with.

This also means that we increased their stats to reflect their importance and uniqueness and maintain the balance of the game.

Sometimes it is better NOT to fix things...specially with such a hamfisted and stupid move. Rather reduce the requirement of the quests, if anything... -.-

It also doesn't change the fast, that the mastercrafted armors are now useless and won't be obtained, if you keep roleplaying.

Sorry, but you don't have to be an gamedesign genius to see, that this was the absolute wrong move and I have no idea how this wasn't caught and corrected (as in "overruled") by someone responsible for game design.

Last edited:
Top Bottom