( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you aren't either a former member of the fanbase and you have the audacity of coming here and calling others "whiners" because they care about the franchise they followed since the beginning? Let's talk about having a bare-faced cheek...

Ah, the absurdity and the absolute arrogance.

Care? How is saying "they dont know what they're doing" to care? And as it turned out half of the whiners in this thread got it wrong. And they didnt even say that they're sorry about talking shit about CDPR or members like myself that they went after in their "toggle-walk-rage".

Ok then. Better this way. If they removed the toggle walk for PC I would really be pissed off. It's not that they haven't dumbed down the game already enough with the latest decisions anyway and everytime you point out some criticism at CDPR for their decisions you get attacked left and right by hordes of fanboys that don't even try to understand what you are saying.

---------- Updated at 12:35 PM ----------

Now I understand what you mean. Well, I sincerely don't know because I don't own a PS4 so I cannot either check in the future.

Before patch 1.07 on PS4 ( i suppose on XboxOne as well and maybe on PC with a controller ) Gerard walk at different speed: super slow, slow, normal and speedy. The movement was full analogic and it was possible to adjust his walking speed by flicking a little the stick. Now it's gone.

Yeah so maybe you shouldnt act like a bully and call people trolls for no reason.. over a fucking patch.

LOL, I was just asking if somebody can confirm or deny the OP's claim, since the patch isn't out on PC so I can't test it for myself. But clearly it's not possible to have a normal conversation about the game, because people like you who have no real information to contribute just start spamming the thread.

Before patch 1.07 on PS4 ( i suppose on XboxOne as well and maybe on PC with a controller ) Gerard walk at different speed: super slow, slow, normal and speedy. The movement was full analogic and it was possible to adjust his walking speed by flicking a little the stick. Now it's gone.

There's only ever been 3 speeds on console and that's still the case?... Im confused .

Love how it's still not possible to discuss games without people resorting to calling names, sarcasm and general drama. The gaming scene has turned into a toxic shit pile of frustrated immature semi-adults. I wonder if any of y'all bring this much passion to solving real world problems? Probably not.

That's why I'm pretty happy to not consider myself a 'gamer'. I just play games, make them even, but I would never want to be part of a scene with this much frustration, criticism, hate and vitriol. Really weird how you can consider that 'fun'. I already see I'm not gonna be long for these forums...shame considering TW3 is the best thing I played since RDR.. Better maybe (i don't do 'better, best, bestest' either).

In any case the removal of slow walk would be terrible. I'd want more slowwalk and, was hoping they'd just rip off the RDR system (walk, press to run, tap to sprint). The issue wasn't slowness, I'm more annoyed with Geralt speeding off and bumping into scenery again and positioning yourself to hit a buttom prompt.

Yeah, they dont know what they're doing. They just made the one of the best games ever, but they have no idea what they're doing.

when it comes to making a mass effect with swords, maybe they do.

as for witcher 3... difficulty too low (due to controller/combat bugs, and fact its console/gamepad first in mind).

then again, i'm not sure what those have to do with the difficulty of gwent, which is hard to even lose 1 game out of 100.

so just bad ai, controls, and combat mechanics.

and with that, this thread is probably locked.

when it comes to making a mass effect with swords, maybe they do.

as for witcher 3... difficulty too low (due to controller/combat bugs, and fact its console/gamepad first in mind).

then again, i'm not sure what those have to do with the difficulty of gwent, which is hard to even lose 1 game out of 100.

so just bad ai, controls, and combat mechanics.

and with that, this thread is probably locked.

It will be if you derail the thread like that o_O

nope if you want a thread locked you post this link
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-10-witcher-3-dev-market-is-afraid-of-badly-polished-games-on-next-gen

but theres no need to bitch too much arround, the witcher 1 2 3 was very unique story franchise and desserved to be played, even if massive bugs wave occured in n°3 it was still a good time. Not sure about expansion though, will see.
nb: "next time code it yourself" xD

LOL, I was just asking if somebody can confirm or deny the OP's claim, since the patch isn't out on PC so I can't test it for myself. But clearly it's not possible to have a normal conversation about the game, because people like you who have no real information to contribute just start spamming the thread.

Yes it actually is, but when you talk shit you gotta prepare for people calling you out on that.
And btw the patch is still not out here in Norway. 24 hours has passed, but Im not gonna be a cry-baby about it like some people.

CDPR takes too long with a patch and everybody moans.

CDPR release a patch and everybody moans.

I'm just sitting here calmly waiting for the patch.

You and me both brother. You playing on PC? Im on ps4, but I guess there's still a few corners of the world that didnt get the patch yet. I know @mandy90 didnt get it either and she's in Holland.. not too far away from me (Norway).

Every patch is like 2 Steps foward and 3 steps backwards... the Text is still ridiculously large on PC! Its like I'm playing the Granny-Version for near Blind people. I think I could move away 10m from my Screen and still read the fucking text, so large it is!

Before game release, threads and posts were deleted and closed when asking about graphics downgrade. Costumers (no pun intended) *ahem* gamers banned for asking devs to clarify if the game was downgraded.

Yep, they lost so much reputation and credibility there. Even Ubisoft wasn't that bad when they fucked up pretty much every Game. We have to live with the fact that CDPR has become a shitty Console-Developer and isn't the great PC-Developer who cares about their Customers from the Witcher 1 Days. I bet there are still people at CDPR who care about that stuff, but they decisions are made by the guys in their Publishing-Branch, which are not any better than the Guys who decide stuff at Ubishit and EA. And the hypocrisy of this "we are the good guys" from CDPR still continues. Their free DLC was a mere PR-Gag. The Quest just were cut out of the Game and its just to keep the Game in the news for some weeks.

Its really sad, but all good Developers died/fucked up completely.

- BioWare RIP: only produce terrible shit since bought by EA and the good people there left.
- Blizzard: Gone full Casual/F2P/P2W Games
- CDPR RIP: Going full $$$-Mode anf focusing on Consoles, which PC not even getting its own UI.

Last edited:
There's only ever been 3 speeds on console and that's still the case?... Im confused .

Nope. Just read what you quote, please.

Before patch 1.07 on PS4 ( i suppose on XboxOne as well and MAYBE on PC with a controller ) Gerard walk at different speed. The movement was FULL ANALOGIC and it was possible to adjust his walking speed by flicking a little the stick. Now it's gone.

EDIT: Please guys, stay on topic. The problem is here, no need of troll wars or to point out other problems. Thanks.

Yes it actually is, but when you talk shit you gotta prepare for people calling you out on that.
And btw the patch is still not out here in Norway. 24 hours has passed, but Im not gonna be a cry-baby about it like some people.

So asking a simple question about the new patch is "talking shit" and means I'm a crybaby. OK then..

Anyway, it's been confirmed that the slowest walking animation was removed for controller users, but it shouldn't affect mouse and keyboard users, because they didn't have this animation available in the first place.

CDPR takes too long with a patch and everybody moans.

CDPR release a patch and everybody moans.

I'm just sitting here calmly waiting for the patch.

Same here

Nope. Just read what you quote, please.

Before patch 1.07 on PS4 ( i suppose on XboxOne as well and MAYBE on PC with a controller ) Gerard walk at different speed. The movement was FULL ANALOGIC and it was possible to adjust his walking speed by flicking a little the stick. Now it's gone.

EDIT: Please guys, stay on topic. The problem is here, no need of troll wars or to point out other problems. Thanks.

Surely that is optional ?! Is there no way to walk at all anymore ? What would happen if you are suppose to follow a NPC that walks slowly... what about the horse can you still walk with him. ... cant wait to get my hands on this patch... was looking good, not so sure anymore

news for you, derailed long before that :\

anyways, not so much OT, still dealing with combat/controls. i was just contrasting the focus on 'touchy-feely' crap vs actual game mechanics/controls... if you want to make an interactive movie, call it that, not a game :\

and a counter-argument to mr. fancypants' best game ever comment ;o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom