( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the way they did the alternative controls , in the form of a selection through the control menu .

I would vote for having "slow walk" return in a similar way.

So everyone can select if they want to have it or not .

I still am in doubt wether it was intentional or not . But CDPR please bring it back .

Slow walk was the first thing I´ve tried after updating and it´s still working for me with a 360 gamepad on PC.

Walking might be still there but only at one pace. But if you could back it up with a small vid . I'm all ears ( and eyes).

Attachments

• slow-walk.jpg
    slow-walk.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 39
:surprise:Are you being serious? Really just walking slow in the game is a big deal?? You can still walk in the game. Whats the difference between slow walking and walk?? Are there any games with the same mechanic?

Yes it is. I don't like walking around as if I was in a hurry. I like enjoying the environment in a slow pace, looking around and examining every squaremeter. The lack of seemless analog movement kills the exploration part of the game entirely for me so yes personally speaking it is a real big deal for me.

There are tons of games with this mechanic which aren't even RPGs. Uncharted Series, The Last of Us, Arkham series, GTA V, Assassin's Creed series, Metal Gear Solid and not to mention all the first person games which automatically have this implemented. This is a standard in modern gaming. Cutting it out was like a punch in the face for me so I won't play their game any longer.

Guest 3713529

The current walk speed is pretty much how I walk in real life, so I'm okay with it.

I wonder if this was removed due to the weird walking bug Geralt would suffer from whilst moving forward, he'd basically move an extra foot when he stopped like he was too heavy. If there is no other reason then I see no other reason why it would be removed.

I wonder if this was removed due to the weird walking bug Geralt would suffer from whilst moving forward, he'd basically move an extra foot when he stopped like he was too heavy. If there is no other reason then I see no other reason why it would be removed.

you mean gravity.?. No..

from what i understand,

100% intentional, pure laziness...

rather then creating two separate codes. they simply binned an animation and duplicated the scripts. up-ing the numbers over the default, too the alternate for more response. the easy way, the easy way out. sadly i see this remaining the way it is.

disclaimer. i clam to be no coder!

if a mod or coder could add/chime in, it would be greatly appreciated and add much to this topic. why was an alternate control scheme added only for this feature to be removed?
from a devs point of view of course.

so to CDPR >>

an answer to;

why remove a base game control mechanic?

why fill a world with plants , only to harvest once?

why give us a stash system and then remove most weight?

need one more.? …ok; 1.01 was great until 1.07. total different game

gravity.

CDPR: stick by your product…right now its just bipolar and fuck'n sad.

You can still slow walk but it only seems to happen when you're indoors in like a small house/barn. Perhaps it was an oversight which might be answered because surely this threads big enough to gather an answer or two from CDPR.

Last edited:
Well, since there hasn't been any kind of official word from CDprojekt about this I contacted support to see if I could get anywhere..

With the first response (like with a lot of people in this thread) the guy seemed to think I was saying you couldn't walk at all anymore so that wasn't much help, anyway I tried to clarify a bit and all I got then was "Thank you for sharing your concern about this issue. If we decide to change this feature, it will be listed in upcoming patch's changelog."

Still not sure if he understood what I was saying but his confusion makes me think this was definitely not intentional.

Here's my guess why they removed the super slow walk:

When you tried to walk fast, but avoid running, it was very easy to push the analog stick just a little bit too far - causing Geralt to run. That sometimes made it very twitchy, switching constantly between walking and running. After the change it's much more straightforward.

But it would be nice to have an option for this, win-win for everybody.

To be fair you can still walk, just not as slow as before and it is more of a swagger ;)

And it looks like a bunch of posts were removed, hopefully now people can try and keep it civil in this thread and we can hope for an official answer sooner rather than later..

Im on PC so I never had to experience this super-duper-slow-walk, but Im completely fine with normal regular walk.

What exactly you guys are missing with this mega slow walk being gone? IMO regular walk is more than enough to immerse yourself with the world.

It's just about preference, some people don't miss it because they never used a gamepad and only play with a mouse and keys.

I play on PC with a pad and the lack of proper analogue movement control is just annoying now.

For example I tried to play a bit last night and where I before would have just edged up to someone that was fairly close to interact with them, he now walked into them at full speed swagger, it just felt wrong. I also fell off a cliff while trying to get closer to the edge, admittedly that was kind of funny!

To be honest if we could just get some kind of official word on the change, whether it was accidental or not I think a lot of folks would be happier. If I knew there was a good reason for it I'd get on with the game and just try to get used to it but it just seems like a pointless change to a movement control method that had nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:
It's just about preference, some people don't miss it because they never used a gamepad and only play with a mouse and keys.

I play on PC with a pad and the lack of proper analogue movement control is just annoying now.

For example I tried to play a bit last night and where I before would have just edged up to someone that was fairly close to interact with them, he now walked into them at full speed swagger, it just felt wrong. I also fell off a cliff while trying to get closer to the edge, admittedly that was kind of funny!

To be honest if we could just get some kind of official word on the change, whether it was accidental or not I think a lot of folks would be happier. If I knew there was a good reason for it I'd get on with the game and just try to get used to it but it just seems like a pointless change to a movement control method that had nothing wrong with it.

Official word? For super-slow walk? You dont think these guys have better things to do lol? What want them to do.. call in a press-conferance with all the major news-stations and stream it out on the internet?

Official word about super-slow walk. haha.

@davidtt
Im sorry, but I think its funny that people can get this nuts over slow-walk. Its like when we were waiting for patch 1.07. People went crazy over a patch. And now the same guys who wanted that patch are bitching about how much the patch fucked the game up.

Last edited:
Official word about a BUG, because it is a bug, if it was intentional it would have been mentioned in patch notes. Just because it's completely unimportant to you doesn't mean it means nothing to anyone else.

If all you're going to do with every post is try and instigate arguments I really don't see the point.

And I hardly think anything I wrote was "nuts" or "bitchy", afterall you're the one swearing. I've said it before and I'll say it again can people PLEASE try and keep this thread civil?

would like to draw peoples attention to post #299 by Dragonbird (Moderator)

"A couple of points here...

1. The problem is specific to controllers. Anyone else who uses K&M coming into this thread to say some variation of "It works for me" is NOT contributing to the discussion.
2. Anyone else whose contribution to the thread is "Attack the poster above me" is going to find their post deleted and, possibly, a time-out."

Last edited:
Official word about a BUG, because it is a bug, if it was intentional it would have been mentioned in patch notes. Just because it's completely unimportant to you doesn't mean it means nothing to anyone else.

If all you're going to do with every post is try and instigate arguments I really don't see the point.

And I hardly think anything I wrote was "nuts" or "bitchy", afterall you're the one swearing. I've said it before and I'll say it again can people PLEASE try and keep this thread civil?

would like to draw peoples attention to post #299 by Dragonbird (Moderator)

"A couple of points here...

1. The problem is specific to controllers. Anyone else who uses K&M coming into this thread to say some variation of "It works for me" is NOT contributing to the discussion.
2. Anyone else whose contribution to the thread is "Attack the poster above me" is going to find their post deleted and, possibly, a time-out."

I doubt its a bug. There's actually a few things in the patch that the patch-notes didnt mention. There are threads about it on here right now.
No I never said you went nuts. Yes Im sorry I guess I did swear. Thing about this forum is that you gotta add your date of birth so I think swearing is ok.. I could be wrong about that??

Hey if it was up to me the slow-walk be still be here. The thing I dont understand is when people spend more time on here complaining about it than actually playing the game. And even you gotta agree with me that its pretty extreme when people say they're gonna sell the game and never buy a new CDPR product cause they cant walk slow enough.

Oh aye that I do agree with, people that just create topics and posts slagging off the company and threatening to boycott their games aren't helping anything but I think we've at least got to keep trying to get their attention about this.

With it being isolated to controllers for obvious reasons and a lot of people not noticing it either way it's the kind of thing that will end up completely ignored in upcoming patches if not enough people talk about it.

I'm personally convinced it is a bug, an oversight caused by the addition of the alternate movement controls but you could be right, maybe they have changed it on purpose for some reason. Either way I just would like to know for sure if we can expect a change to it back to how it was or not. I tried contacting support about it but they didn't seem to understand anyway.

To be honest though I'm giving the game a rest for a while as 1.07 seems to have brought with it a slew of other issues according to a lot of folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom