( 1.07 ) Slow Walk is gone

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDPR don't start being ridiculous please! You lose more and more reputation amongst your community because of your arbitrariness!

Patch the slow walk back in asap and stop finding excuses for your laziness/incompetence!

And confirm the existence of the horse animation bug already and adress it for god's sake! So many people are complaining about it and you haven't even considered fixing it. What is wrong with you guys? Don't you have any priorities? Fix the game breakers first before cutting out animations or bringing DLCs! People can't play the game properly after 8 damn patches, they don't care about stupid DLCs!

LMAO. I'm sorry but this has gone off the deep end. I can't believe such a minor thing is so important to people. It has virtually no bearing on gameplay.

Just like i can't believe you felt the need to post that...
Let me try and explain why we think this way. Slow walk was in the game day 1... it got removed without any notice or any explanations what so ever. People get pissed. I can already hear you laughing "but why is it so important!!" ...right. Well you see...we once had it that is why. If i want to walk slower for roleplaying or just because i feel like it for all i care... i used to be able to do.
I'll give you an example... at the beginning of the game! when you dream of Yen you cannot slow walk inside and the walking pace feel out of touch with the scene. You could previously roleplay and walk at a pace like any would... or you could just run around... it was up to you. And on top of that all its important because we think it is... CDPR felt the same way as you most likely ... "role playing in a RPG LMAO"

Thinking about.. it got removed because slow walking wasn't responsive enough when you stop... seriously though why would i care about instant response when i am SLOW walking and then stop walking...mmh ?. But they couldn't fix it because it was working fine.. so they removed it

Fine. Guess I'll wait for 1.09. Maybe.

I don't get it. I thought this was a mistake they made with the 1.07 patch. I actually stopped playing the game entirely after installing 1.07 and discovering that I no longer had control of my walking speed outside of buildings. I thought to myself "This must be a mistake. This game was made by professionals. It kicks ass. Why would they purposefully change the game so dramatically at such a fundamental level and not even mention it in their description of the patch 1.07 changes." Actually they didn't mention it for the 1.08 changes either. It's almost like they don't know they screwed up or they want to pretend it had never been any other way. The product I bought is no longer the same product. It's less than. If they fixed any glitches, good for them, that's what a patch is for. Not removing choices and limiting player control. Why would you give me so much control of my movement only to take it away? Fine. I'll just play other games and wait for the next patch. Maybe they'll get their heads out of their butts for that one. Also, Wolven Hour potion? Not good enough. Whoever is responsible for all these bootsy ass changes, please, quit your day job. Fix what needs to be fixed, but if it ain't broke... LEAVE IT THE F*** ALONE NUMBNUTS. Honestly, I'm on the verge of not giving a deuce. If I don't regain control of my walk speed by the next patch, I know myself, there's a good chance I may never really play this game. New games come out constantly, I tend to stick with the ones that don't piss me off.

---------- Updated at 06:37 PM ----------

Last edited:
Really Bruh?

LMAO. I'm sorry but this has gone off the deep end. I can't believe such a minor thing is so important to people. It has virtually no bearing on gameplay.

Some people eat like major payne, some savor their food. Personally I don't care enough about topics I don't care about to participate in discussions about them, but hey that's just me.

@mrigm
With slow walk they mean that. Using keyboard and mouse give you three speeds: walk, jog, run. Using gamepads they could: Slow walk, walk, jog, run and something else if I recall correctly.

It is not an issue of changing the input method, however I agree this has been blown out of proportions. If someone stops playing the Witcher 3 just because of this, good for him and for the community. But to continue to do the same things over and over again(to make these aggresive posts) will only give us(the community) the same results over and over again.

In my opinion, this thread has ran out its usefulness. Developers are aware of this and they even said the change was in purpose to improve the game. No matter how many angry users come and rant that they will stop playing Witcher 3 and than they won't ever buy anything from this company, it won't make the "slow walk" change go further in their changelog, supposing it is even there.

Last edited:
A few posts are gone.

Please relax, take a few breaths and come back once you have something to say other than insulting other members.

@mrigm
Developers are aware of this and they even said the change was in purpose to improve the game.
The jump is not that good. They must remove it to improve the game...:crazy:

This is not a change... They removed a gameplay feature, after more that 100 hours of playing.
And they removed it for both control mode (old one and alternative one). Ok for the alternative control mode.. but why in the normal (old) control mode?

The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision. We've received multiple reports from users who would complain about Geralt's responsiveness being bad when transitioning from slow walking to stopping. It's a conscious choice, not a bug. We hope that you understand it. At the same time we would like to apologize for not clearing this up earlier in this topic. It was a misunderstanding on our side.

Then why wasn't the removal of walking just limited to the new control options? Many of us like to walk around, this is why I'm not playing right now.

This makes no sense to me. The developer says this was a conscious decision and they hope we understand. Naw why don't you explain it to me. Whoever consciously decided to force a fast walk on everyone made a mistake. No biggie. Just fix it. And to everyone on here dismissing this legitimate complaint that many of us share even though they play on a pc with a keyboard or couldn't care less about walking speed... aren't you missing the big bang theory or something, isn't there something else you could be doing? This conversation clearly doesn't concern you. You'll fight for the developer's right to change the product we purchased from them post-purchase in ways we don't like, but not for our right as paying customers to tell them how we feel about it? Wack. You might not care about what I care about, but why do you care about me caring about it?

---------- Updated at 01:48 AM ----------

Btw the version that got all those good reviews... it was the one where you could slow walk. I'm sayin' though.

---------- Updated at 01:53 AM ----------

And if the developer made this change to the game on purpose because of people's complaints, well then what the hell do they think these are?

Just like i can't believe you felt the need to post that...
Let me try and explain why we think this way. Slow walk was in the game day 1... it got removed without any notice or any explanations what so ever. People get pissed. I can already hear you laughing "but why is it so important!!" ...right. Well you see...we once had it that is why. If i want to walk slower for roleplaying or just because i feel like it for all i care... i used to be able to do.
I'll give you an example... at the beginning of the game! when you dream of Yen you cannot slow walk inside and the walking pace feel out of touch with the scene. You could previously roleplay and walk at a pace like any would... or you could just run around... it was up to you. And on top of that all its important because we think it is... CDPR felt the same way as you most likely ... "role playing in a RPG LMAO"

Thinking about.. it got removed because slow walking wasn't responsive enough when you stop... seriously though why would i care about instant response when i am SLOW walking and then stop walking...mmh ?. But they couldn't fix it because it was working fine.. so they removed it

We didn't get the most basic CRPG functionality like full key rebinding and proper hotkey implementation. The devs practically celebrated Marcin's post where he said they won't do this. Something that every RPG has had for the last 15 years, and you guys are whinging about walking speed.

The jump is not that good. They must remove it to improve the game...:crazy:

This is not a change... They removed a gameplay feature, after more that 100 hours of playing.
And they removed it for both control mode (old one and alternative one). Ok for the alternative control mode.. but why in the normal (old) control mode?
Comparing the removal of slow walking with jump? Sorry but that comparison doesn't hold water and you should know it. They made the game around jumping being available, in other hand slow walk seem trivial compared to that. Anyway, from playing Witcher 1 and 2 Geralt couldn't jump so it was a surprise he can do it in this game.

Discussing about hypotetical changes also won't help this thread(what if X or Y feature is gone); however, regardless of your personal definition of change, this was indeed a change and your question about why they did it was already answered by a CDPR representative many pages ago. You already know it, but you aren't convinced and that's fine, however that's the final word on that matter and so far it seems you won't get more information than that.

I do not say you are wrong or right, however, that's what the CDPR guy said; he said it was done to improve the game and since they are the developers of it, they can do it if they like doing it. Don't like the change? Then complain, which is being done using this thread... however, most of the people posting seems to overreact to this change and devs won't pay attention to those tantrums. That really hurts your cause, let alone there are things worthier of this ammount of effort, like @Garrison72 said:

We didn't get the most basic CRPG functionality like full key rebinding and proper hotkey implementation. The devs practically celebrated Marcin's post where he said they won't do this. Something that every RPG has had for the last 15 years, and you guys are whinging about walking speed.

But nothing of good will come from mostly incessant whining, so I think we don't need such effort in that cause.

Last edited:

So ? This was already IN the game... that doesn't even compare to not having a feature, that never has been in the game. This is like you had that(full key rebinding and proper hotkey implementation) and suddenly its gone and no one knows why... I also don't see how something that you find important... makes something that others find important somehow laughable... You don't see me going "key rebinding who cares LMAO stop whining" because i don''t need that or care for it .... actually can't you just change your keys in the keyboard software or something ?

Anyway... slow walking. Hope they bring it back for normal movement mode.. i doubt this will happen soon if at all.

The transition between the walking speed is still bad.

You can test this at one location to the best result, imho:

Search for the sunstone with Eilhart. There is one optional chest at a spike trap. Slow walk was at least a functional way to cross but now you have to narrow xour vision by witcher sense button and walk slower than normal or you need the absolute precise measurements of the 'hitbox' of Geralt, which is the reason of the bad transition. You are standing like having a bull's testicles.

Such narrow passages and edges are almost impossible to get, because of Geralt's pose while standing around. Without a very slow pacing you can't even close in to certain positions since he immediately powerwalks thorugh everything.

Now at the spiked floor trap you simply cannot walk slowly, you have to estimate the exact stopping point in his bull's testicle pose to avoid being impaled. He will not turn like evry normal person would, by carefully switching feet on a narrowed surface but instead he uses his complete pose radius and triggers spikes which then make him pushed back by injury, of course tripping into other spiked areas.... then dead.

While I really thought these traps should have been used more in this game I am happy they did not, because of the clunky handling.

The lack of slow walk is caused by a design decision.
So, is it a permanent and we will never see slow walking outdoors again and we have to deal with it? Or there is a hope that it will be back and someone from the developers taking some actions to return it?

So, is it a permanent and we will never see slow walking outdoors again and we have to deal with it? Or there is a hope that it will be back and someone from the developers taking some actions to return it?

My guess is enough people had to complain to have CDPR change this - this is a double edged sword - maybe we can complain enough to have them bring it back as a toggleable option (here's hoping).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom