1.07 - The Good, The Bad and the Bugly

+
1.07 - The Good, The Bad and the Bugly

Here's my take on 1.07, please comment with your opinions about this monster of a patch.

The Good:

+ Inventory options are brilliant. Arguably, they should have been in since launch, but the fact CDPR has listened and added them in is great.
+ The Stash chests are a very nice addition. Not having to sell nice armour just to stop being over the weight limit is really nice.
+ The fact that I can now alt-tab and use my keyboard hotkeys, and change system volume in game.

The Bad:

- The Horse walk/trot stutter has not been fixed. This is one of the most complained about issues on the Tech Support thread, but not a single RED post about it, and yet again it has been totally ignored in 1.07.
- The streaming system is still allowing for the up-close pop in of NPCs, sometimes large groups all at once only feet away from the camera.
- I have had a slight drop in FPS (nothing major, only 1 or 2). Anyone else?

The Bugly:

- When using the new movement option, upon sprinting, the camera seems to do a strange zoom in effect (as if the FOV is changing). This might happen in the normal setting, but the increased acceleration might be making it more noticeable. For me, it makes me eyes hurt.
- The option to sort by price doesn't seem to 100% work, with things much cheaper (in both single and stack) appearing in between more valuable stuff.
- The quest 'The Black Pearl' is bugged. The NPC quest giver dies in one hit when playing on DM, which instantly fails the quest. Though it is possible, get ready for an hour of reloading your game until youre lucky enough to stop him being hit.

Only played for an hour or two, so that's all I have right now. Post your lists below!

Last edited:
Good - as u said awesome update to inventory !
For me they also boosted FPS although i read other people have it decreased for some reason
Horse racing fixed as well, finished it at last

Bad - nothing !

Bugly - Inheritance quest still not working, can't open the chest :(

I really liked it was a great up at game, with many changes.

- Schools weps and armor have their lvl req upgraded. (i was getting ready to use felin school lvl 3 gear, am lvl 24, and cant now, it needs lvl 29 i think)
- Game appears to be more fast for me (PS4)
- Inventory organizer, (coulda loved it more, IF the same itens stood near each other. I can organize, but they dont change)

- I didnt like the storage that much, i can only store thinsg that are in weps part and the gabage part.

I played with it for 30-50 mins, and i noticed those things. Will look for more.
Please, take a look at inventory organizer.

Attachments

• 20150718_191451.jpg
    20150718_191451.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 54
I noticed my level requirement for Enhanced Feline armor went up to 23, I had just unequipped it prior to the patch at level 22. I can't tell any difference with the alternate movement, Love the menu changes and stash, it fixed my Nameless quest bug not marking as complete, I don't have any loss in performance but also no gain.

For me it's the fixes I was not expecting that are the most pleasant surprises:

- fixing the low fps particle/foliage effects bug
- allowing keyboard volume buttons
- reverse for boats

Going to look and see if I can find any more.

+ New inventory is great
+ Item stash is a great addition

-White Orchard's Abandoned Site and the unopenable chest near the mill are still bugged. Boo

So far so good.

+ Inventory sorting / book tab
+ Storage (although having one on the stage at Dandelion's place seems a little weird)
+ New movement is noticeably snappier, more responsive
+ Not positive but I think I gained a few fps, especially in Novigrad (could be placebo effect)
+ They ninja fixed the mutagen bug!

- Hmmm...no negatives to report, although that chest on the stage behind the band is already starting to annoy me ever so slightly.

+ Almost zero stutter in Novigrad now on my 1GB GPU

+ New movement controls are just so smooth and responsive

+ Better inventory system

- Crookbag Bog is still making my FPS crawl down into the mid (and low!) 20's!

- Crookbag Bog is still making my FPS crawl down into the mid (and low!) 20's!

Yeah, this and Midcopse are making me lose 8-9 frames compared all the other places, but hey, if it's just those 2 areas, I can live with that.

Big yey for the working audio shortcuts, no more alt-tabbing :3

So far so good for me. I had one crash but I chalked it up to having MSI afterburner running on screen. Once I took it off the game ran for hours without a crash.

got 1 fps less than with 1.06 and can't seem to find a difference with the new movement controls ? feels and behaves exactly the same.

i actually got a slight increase in the bogs. with fog clouds present, and lighting conditions, it used to dip to 25 fps, up to 35. rarely does that now, staying mainly around 30-35, with rare dips to 28/29.

fog clouds still look broken though... flickering in and out, or just cycling every 2-3 seconds, looks completely unrealistic to the point of making me nauseous. ;o

and yea, streaming system still busted. just had a group of bandits spawn right on top of me in the bogs (plus shrine still busted, etc)... lods still terrible on spawn until you move, etc...

Last edited:
So far on the PC:

* For a brief moment I lost my health bar in fights. I toggles the Witcher Medallion bar off and on and it's back. Odd.

* I don't recall seeing anything about rejigging the Witcher gear level requirements. Good thing I was in a major town. A witcher without a silver sword in the wilderness would be unpleasant. Some warning next time would be nice Witcher Techs.

* I can sell my crossbow bolts that are beyond my level. Yay! That is a big weigh of Roach's back.

* Zeroing out all weight on crafting components is just wrong. A million hellibore petals must weigh something. A pointless thing when adding the stash.

* A toggle for unified and non-unified stash would have been nice. As it is it looks like the fixes they have done have moved further away from a touch of realism which is a shame.

* The stash is a good, but needs to be adjusted. You can store all of something or none of it. No in between. That's a real pain considering how many repair kits i have managed to accumulate.

Apart from that game is still gorgeous on Ultra. I have fast travelled only once.

Anyone else encountered stretched out models ?

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-07-20 00-34-38-00.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-20 00-34-38-00.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 67
the good
-love new inventory
-Storage chest
the bad
-water effect when using alternative Ard sign is gone
-shadow in building still bug

Top Bottom