1.08.3 Achievements still not working....

+
1.08.3 Achievements still not working....

On 8/21 there was a patch which gave me several achievements that were broken during the 1.08.2 patch, however again as with the 1.08.1 patch.... any new achievements were not working...when will this issue be fixed? I have no credit for finishing the game or reaching level 35....

This has happened before after 1.08 there was an update, which gave me retroactive achievements (appreciated), yet again the system of earning achievements was still broken.

While I appreciated CDPR giving us retroactive credit, I would like them actually fix this system instead of keeping it broken and doing everything retroactively. It makes the game far more fun when things work.

Last edited:
Second that.
Some are working, some are not.
Just finished the game, no achievement on game finishing granted.
PC, 1.8.3, Steam.

And the patch is not even out on GoG yet...it makes no sense. How can a third party platform receive priority support over your in-house store? I love CDPR to bits but this makes no sense!

Get 1.08.3 update via GOG Galaxy. Try. Win with 3 hero cards. Not fixed again:

Attachments

• no-achive.png
    no-achive.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 86
  • witcher3_2015_08_24_22_06_16_129.jpg
    witcher3_2015_08_24_22_06_16_129.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 277
  • witcher3_2015_08_24_22_06_24_269.jpg
    witcher3_2015_08_24_22_06_24_269.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 78
Yes...my achievements are broken TOO...
AGAIN...
IN THIRD TIME...
9 days ago after release 1.08 i've got "Passed the trial" and "Ran the Gountlet" which is very strange, because i've NEVER finished the game! CDRP what is going on with achievements?!
FIX PLS!!!!!!

GOG platform.

Yeah me too. Today galaxy auto updated my game to 1.08.3 , but i still didn´t get the even odds achivement , pest control, overkill, humpty dumpy or what was that ? even checking time with iphone always under 4 secods ( counter attack, fast attack, bomb, sign).
I mean common how difficult can it be to fix unlocking achivements? Or is it impossible to unlock achivements in NG +?

Fix your game pls. I´m really a big fan of the witcher series, also i read all books and i´m don´t really that bookworm^^

was so happy to see the patch downloading in my GOG client but.... achievements are still broken

was so happy to see the patch downloading in my GOG client but.... achievements are still broken

yeah i was also happy but then .... THE BIG DISSAPOINTMENT

i´m not really that 100% guy but games like dark souls and the witcher really push me to do and see everything in the game.

I've just received Fiend or Foe and Necromancer achievements I completed earlier when they were broken. Need to play on 1.08.3 before achievements were updated. Don't know right now if I'm able to receive new one.

I also got the achievement "Pass the trial" without ever finishing the game. The other achievements don't work properly.

oh my god iluminate the "cpr head" for no more 2gbytes or more in your patchs

helllllpppppppppppppp! microsoft update site...

how many bugs will we have now????

Last edited:
Achievement "Gwent Master" is not been released although I beat Tybolt...."Brawler" and "Brawl master" too

All a quick update from CDPR via my email:

Hello,

Some of the achievements might not work correctly on your current playthrough.

They should however be fixed in a new one.

We are working on a retroactive fix for this issue, but I cannot tell when it will be implemented.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings Marcin,

Thank you for your quick response. I beat the game yesterday again, using an old save. I just want to be clear. Are you saying if I start a brand new game, these achievements will work?

Appreciated,

Sam,

Hello,

As far as I know, starting a brand new playthrough from 1.08.3 should let you get achievements again. If that does fail too, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Marcin ******

Has anyone tried starting a new play through. Is it the case that they all achievements work with a new play through?

All a quick update from CDPR via my email:

Has anyone tried starting a new play through. Is it the case that they all achievements work with a new play through?

I can confirm this on 1.08.3 GOG client achievements. I've started a new game to try it out and received Kaer Morhen Trained (10 parries) with the first bandit camp I found. It might be unwise to infer that it will work for all achievements, but it may be plausible. I suppose a newly started game does actually make a difference this time.

I can confirm this on 1.08.3 GOG client achievements. I've started a new game to try it out and received Kaer Morhen Trained (10 parries) with the first bandit camp I found. It might be unwise to infer that it will work for all achievements, but it may be plausible. I suppose a newly started game does actually make a difference this time.

Thanks for the response...this news is a bit bittersweet, I want to start a NG+ and now that I know that at least some achievements may be working, I can. However I will not get my "midget achievement" until they patch an do another retro-active fix.It also makes me wonder what other achievements I earned, (for example "Kaer Morhen trained") but did not get credit for....

I also am a bit disappointed that no one from CDPR has addressed this on the forum yet. It would be nice to keep the community engaged and informed about the broken achievement system and the update of the fixes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom