1.08 Still A Disappointment for PS4

+
1.08 Still A Disappointment for PS4

Were now slightly back to the performance of 1.05, though the framerate is still absolutely terrible. Doesn't seem like anyone from CDPR knows what to do about this unplayable mess on PS4. Haven't been able to play the game since launch, and continue to experience the awful performance and terrible pop-ins.

Just what in the bloody hells are they doing, aside from NOT getting this game in a playable state? 20FPS, stuttering, and horrible pop-ins, and they delayed this game, twice? constant patches, not even properly tested and still not 30FPS locked?

So when can we expect 1.09? That gonna FIX this UNPLAYABLE disaster on PS4? Probably not.

:facepalm: :facepalm2:

Omg, what a little crybaby? Unplayable?! Not ideal, maybe, but not unplayable. If you wanted performance, get a PC and stop your crying. Or turn off the post processing effects (motion blur and blur), I hear that makes a big difference on PS4.

That;s good advice (don't expect PC performance from the PS4), but SHOUTING that the game is unplayable is just as unhelpful as calling other members crybaby. Stop both, if you don't want the thread to go away and get warnings.

At least u get to play this game... After patch 1.08 on ps4 i got the notorious black screen after the startup logo.. I tried everything from deleting reinstalling, resetting ps4 and initializing but nothing worked... This is very sad and at the same moment makes me very very angry!

@FreeFall24

As you mentioned it, it would be very helpful to all of us if you post a video of that stuttering and pop up.

It would help to compare it, with our PS4 console. We all own the same game after all. I thing that's fair enough !!!

-----------
@Isolated10

Well you tried many things, but not the most obvious.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044/~/ps4:-safe-mode

Do option 4 and 5 in that order, and see if you get your "black screen after the startup logo." fixed.

Last edited:
Though I have to agree I'm beginning to experience stuttering in gameplay with patch 1.08, but calling it unplayable is just exaggerating. :what3:

Am I really the only one who doesnt have the slightest problem with game? (aside from the infamous Skellige most wanted of course) , geez even in Novigrad when i run like crazy while turning the camera like crazy its smooth as butter so TC before yelling at everybody i suggest your reinstall completely your game with updates and DLC

I don't know. I payed ~350 Euro for my PS4 in spring. The game runs ok (framerate is not always smooth but definitely playable) and looks gorgeous (unless you are sitting just 1 meter away from a 42 inch screen). I would have to spend at least twice that money on a PC to get a notably better result, and much more if i'd want a PC setup that is as small and as silent as a PS4 hence suitable for couch play (Steambox). So, i don't understand what people expect? Could it be improved? Sure! Can we expect massive improvement? Nope! So, what i'd like to see is the graphical glitches fixed (flickering shadows, white water, pop-ins), but despite that i think CDPR delivered a great product.

It's interesting, because I also felt that apart from quest bugs, I was quite lucky.

My framerate looks good, I've had zero crashes apart from one "infinite loading screen" when sailing to Skellige.

But... then I saw it run on a high end PC, and I saw what a smooth framerate actually is. It looks and feels miles better.

So basically, I'm quite happy with the PS4 version, and when I read "broken" and "unplayable", it's definitely not what I'm experiencing - don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people aren't having problems, I'm just saying for me it's quite good. But yes, once you see it on a good PC, getting back to the PS4 is hard...

My son has the digital version of the game with no disc required and he told me he does not have any of these issues. Do any of you have the digital version and are having these problems? Hoping to find any possible solution to this before I open my PS4 version of the game.

That's a good point - I've got the digital version as well, which may explain why I'm quite satisfied overall.

Top Bottom