1.1 optimization

+
So I'm not sure exactly why but 1.1 messed up my games optimization across the board. RTX maxed, medium, or off; and DLSS auto, performance, or off my framerates have dropped by almost 50%, I've gone from averaging 90-100 to 50-60. I have a brand new Ryzen 5600x and a new RTX 3070, I know its not the absolute tippity top of what you can buy right now but it is a good machine. I cant even get 60 frames now.

Game was running nicely before the patch on my GTX 980.

Not so much since.. so I tried the usual things to see what may have changed.

Drivers (mobo, monitor, kb, ms) up to date - check
Windows update(d) - check
N'Vid Drivers up to date - check (also went back one driver set just to make sure)
Uninstalled/re-installed the game (2) - check
Put all my settings (including crowds) to low or off - check
Tried two other panels - check
Threw a bunch of other games to test. - check
(All ran fine (even star citizen) 'cept for CB2077)
No mods installed because (reasons) - check

Still no sauce..

The game slams to a crawl whenever there is an NPC/AI crowd anywhere around me. If I stare at a wall, the sky, or the ground, the game runs like butter...but as soon as I lay eyes on an NPC, the FPS dies (looks like I'm turning the pages in a book). I'm not about to demand CDPR to "OMG FIX NAO!", but this is kind of annoying... With (almost) every patch something new and incredibly frustrating comes along to f#$k up my day trying to enjoy this game.

At least folks who have the GOG version can go back to 1.06 which (kinda sorta) fixes the issue.

Top Bottom