1.10 issues and bugs

+
1.10 issues and bugs

hello all,

After 170 hours of playing witcher 3 (I didn't complete it yet and I'm on the final step of act 3), I decided to stop playing it because of the several issues and problems that I'm encountering...

This is really sad as I enjoyed the game a lot but here are the bugs I found already

1. Visual issues on both Novigrad and Skellige that makes the game impossible to play
2. Both quests related to Triss statuette are still bugged :( Triss remains there and nothing happens
3. Skellige's most wanted side quest is still bugged and the were wolf is standing there after beating him
4. Quests marked as failed while they were successfully completed

This is really sad as I really enjoyed the game so far but I'm stopping playing it and I will not buy the DLC until everything will be fixed.....

Are there anything we can do to bypass these issues as you mentioned that they are fixed?
Have the QA team tested these bugs correctly?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
Same here on Xbox One, with 1.10 Novigrad is like a slideshow, i think now it's 25fps, where before it was a smooth 30fps... a lot of textures which load right in front of me...
What scares me is that u talk about Skellige, i haven't been there yet, what is this visual issue?
My god, they did it again, after the clusterfuck wich was 1.07 and the butchered framerate, here we go again...
Any other xbox owners who have awful dips ans stutering in Novigrad?

I too am getting the same choppy image issue in Novigrad. I have been enjoying the game until this issue. To avoid frustration I am now stopping playing the game in hope a fix will be released soon. Shame as I am deep into the storyline and this interruption is going to dent the experience :( cdprojecktred please look into asap, this issue also means I will be longer in purchasing the expansions.

Last edited:
hello all,

After 170 hours of playing witcher 3 (I didn't complete it yet and I'm on the final step of act 3), I decided to stop playing it because of the several issues and problems that I'm encountering...

This is really sad as I enjoyed the game a lot but here are the bugs I found already

1. Visual issues on both Novigrad and Skellige that makes the game impossible to play
2. Both quests related to Triss statuette are still bugged :( Triss remains there and nothing happens
3. Skellige's most wanted side quest is still bugged and the were wolf is standing there after beating him
4. Quests marked as failed while they were successfully completed

This is really sad as I really enjoyed the game so far but I'm stopping playing it and I will not buy the DLC until everything will be fixed.....

Are there anything we can do to bypass these issues as you mentioned that they are fixed?
Have the QA team tested these bugs correctly?

Thanks

Hi,
Same here on Xbox One, with 1.10 Novigrad is like a slideshow, i think now it's 25fps, where before it was a smooth 30fps... a lot of textures which load right in front of me...
What scares me is that u talk about Skellige, i haven't been there yet, what is this visual issue?
My god, they did it again, after the clusterfuck wich was 1.07 and the butchered framerate, here we go again...
Any other xbox owners who have awful dips ans stutering in Novigrad?

I too am getting the same choppy image issue in Novigrad. I have been enjoying the game until this issue. To avoid frustration I am now stopping playing the game in hope a fix will be released soon. Shame as I am deep into the storyline and this interruption is going to dent the experience :( cdprojecktred please look into asap, this issue also means I will be longer in purchasing the expansions.

My question to all 3 of you is: are you having these issues in normal game or NG+? I am sure that you are aware that the 1.10 patch is not working for the consoles while playing NG+. So that is the reason for my question.

Big bug I have noticed is that Quen seems to work only part of the time - I will have the normal Quen shield up, I get hit and take damage, but the Quen shield is not impacted. It is not a constant thing, but it is frequent enough to be really annoying. I noticed getting hit twice in a row by a swamp hag and the Quen shield stayed up the entire time.

Also, the Fool's Gold quest in Lurtch is bugged. When you start the fight, the bandits just stand there. Their health bars are empty and they are impossible to kill.

This is not on a new game + btw.

Seriously CDPR, these issues ruined my game experience so I suggest to take out the 1.10 in order to avoid ruining the game for the players that didn't download this update and fix all the issues, "Test them properly" and then submit another update.

---------- Updated at 10:37 AM ----------

Can it be related to corrupted data? I've noticed that after the update the game is only 37 GB while the update itself is 16 GB ?

I am now on my way to Novigrad for the first time, I have heard from another person that the trip to Novigrad for him was smooth if not better. Both of us are playing normal game and 1.10. So I'll see myself. I do have a question in return again for all 3 of you again: In your console Video Fidelity settings for the system, do any of you have Allow 50Hz or 24Hz checked?

Mine are not and I will update if I get the the same choppiness in Novigrad, and then I will run some tests with the console settings.

Yeah for me 50hz is allowed, i'll try without and let u know.
Novigrad is for me now around 25fps, and before 1.10 it was 30fps most of the time... go to the market and where the boats are, u'll see awful pop in and awful dips, which give this sensation of chopyness...
Let us know how it is for u, thx a lot :)

Hey everybody. First post and it's a bug complaint, but I have played through the game twice now, once in NG+ and am trying to dive into HoS, but I'm having issues. So I thought I would add mine to the pile.
First, since the update to 1.10, in NG+ All my Mastercrafted Legendary Wolven gear is gone. I mean even the schematics are gone, I can't recraft them.
My hair is back to the default style and even if I go get it cut, it doesn't change.
My inventory shows me as overburdened 80/60, But all of my gear is locked away in my stash and I should be able to carry more than 60 anyway so that's all messed up.
Loading up a save that isn't NG+ seems to fix everything but to be honest, my NG+ Geralt was better levelled and stated, so I want to continue with him in HoS. But with things the way they are, I can't.
Oh and Skellige's Most Wanted is still busted.

---------- Updated at 08:28 AM ----------

Ahhh Reddit, where answers live...
Some of you have reported items and schematics disappearing after 1.10. The issue will apply to DLC items in New Game +. We are working on a fix and will roll it out as soon as possible. In the meantime please hold on to your saves from before the patch.
The affected DLCs:

• Temerian Armor Set
  • Beard and Hairstyle Set
  • Nilfgaardian Armor Set
  • New Quest - "Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear"
  • New Quest - "Contract: Skellige's Most Wanted"
  • Elite Crossbow Set
  • Skellige Armor Set
  • New Quest - "Where the Cat and Wolf Play..."

Last edited:
I have been playing it for awhile now without flaw....UNTIL this 1.10 patch, now I have missing inventory. IE all horse equipment, swords, armor, schematics. Its very frustrating. Now the new DLC is out is that going to fix my issues??? Or am I going to keep waiting for you guys to fix the patch?

So, Novigrad is a slideshow nowadays, very poor performance with constant blurry freezes all the time. The FPS wasn't like this before, disappointing.

BTW, NG+.

Proof of poor performance

Novigrad is really a slide show now. Please get our smoothgameplay back! It's like we are playing it on x360, not xone.

DF tested it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgN859FrBrU

that's not even funny. there 1-2 fps dips outside the city area which is still bad, but drops to 24 in city area... that's a pure shame.

Now ps4 runs clearly faster than xone with 1080p vs 900p. That's an "achievement"!(there is video on DF with comparision).

Last edited:
First of all this is not a complaint, i enjoy this game a lot, but i simply want to clarify issues that appeared recently, so that developers could take notice to fix them in the next patch or hotfix.

Game became unplayable for me with 1.10 and Hearts of Stone installed. Its stuttering in dungeons and caverns, esspecially in places where there are lots of lit torches present and especially in first boss fight of HoS, for example to the point that the quick potion slots dont react at the moment i use them in combat, because of lag the game doesn't seem to register that i press to use them.

Also performance became worse especially in Novigrad and other big towns. And after lag starts the problem seems to carry on everywhere in the world. I'ts like some sort of memory leak problem.

In general the next patch must fix the frame rate and stuttering on xbox one because its a slideshow right now (there seems to be huge drops in fps similar to the ones that where present in 1.07 patch swamp regions only this time it is appearing in many places) and so i can't enjoy otherwise beautifully crafted expansion and base game. Those drops in performance completely ruin the experience for me. Before Hearts of Stone and 1.10 the game was runnning perfectly.

Also there are missing body part and face problems on certain expansion's npc models.

I'm not playing New game+. All problems are present in standard playtrough.

Last edited:
First of all this is not a complaint, i enjoy this game a lot, but i simply want to clarify issues that appeared recently, so that developers could take notice to fix them in the next patch or hotfix.

Game became unplayable for me with 1.10 and Hearts of Stone installed. Its stuttering in dungeons and caverns, esspecially in places where there are lots of lit torches present and especially in first boss fight of HoS, for example to the point that the quick potion slots dont react at the moment i use them in combat, because of lag the game doesn't seem to register that i press to use them.*

Also performance became worse especially in Novigrad and other big towns. And after lag starts the problem seems to carry on everythere in the world. I'ts like some sort of memory leak problem.

In general the next patch must fix the frame rate and stuttering on xbox one because its a slideshow right now (there seems to be huge drops in fps similar to the ones that where present in 1.07 patch swamp regions only this time it is appearing in many places) and so i can't enjoy otherwise beautifully crafted expansion and base game. Those drops in performance completely ruin the experience for me. Before Hearts of Stone and 1.10 the game was runnning perfectly.*

Also there are missing body part and face problems on certain expansion's npc models.

I'm not playing New game+. All problems are present in standard playtrough.

I am having the exact same problems, however I noticed after 1.10 but before HOS the memory Leak seemed to be fixed and I had no blurry loading stoppages anymore, but since downloading HOS today it's got worse than ever as it's not just in Novigrad but especially now in oxenfurt and in the oxenfurt sewers.

Novigrad is a wreck, even the sewers. It's impossible to play it, putting my current playthrough into hold until this amateur mess is fixed.

Top Bottom