1.12 - READ THIS FIRST - Any unexplained errors

+
GOG, version 1.12.1. Verifying the files? Done it, no changes.

And reinstalling? come on there's about 20G of file, I'd rather not do it and wait for an answer.

Last edited:
[Bug w/ Video] Invisible NPCs

I started playing Witcher 3 again after a 6 month+ hiatus. After loading up the latest save file it didn't take long to encounter bugs.

Here's a bug that makes some NPCs invisible.

http://webm.land/media/BQC8.webm

The game is fully patched at version 1.12.1 from GOG.

Help please.

Specs:

GTX 970
12 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-4690K
Windows 10

infinte load screens on NG+

i dont know why this is happening but when ever i die on my New Game + save ( most recent i am near the end of the game (
final fight with Eridin
)) when ever i die and have to load from last save i get an infinite loading screen.

i do have some mods active namely the fast travel from anywhere and unbreakable weapons and armor (all mods are up to date and compatable with the current V1.12 patch)

please help

specs

GTX 980
asus z97 deluxe
16gb ram
Windows 10 install
withcer 3 installed on a 2TB hdd WD black drive

Hey,

Please try verifying integrity of game cache:
1. Launch GOG Galaxy and log in with your GOG.com account
2. Go to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt tab
3. Click MORE > MANAGE > VERIFY / REPAIR > VERIFY GAME

Cheers

Please remove all mods and verify/repair the game on Steam or Galaxy, whichever applies. How is it with older saves? There's also a possibility that one of your savegames is corrupt.

Please remove all mods and verify/repair the game on Steam or Galaxy, whichever applies. How is it with older saves? There's also a possibility that one of your savegames is corrupt.

I have similar issue except when I am trying to get past tutorial in NG+. I started NG+ and right when it gets to part where you speak to Vesimir saying that no need to train it then goes to black screen. All the mods I had have been uninstalled. I also Uninstalled Witcher 3 entirely and every file except for the save file. No matter what settings I use it still just does an infinite load screen. Doesn't crash or anything but just stays loading with black screen.

@HolyDeath3000 - merged with the existing thread. Please go through the suggestions in the opening post.

I did already and none of the regular fixes you listed worked. I have followed the support link given and sent my issue with dxdiag.txt and save file is attached. Haven't gotten a response yet to my bug report but don't expect one for a little while. :) Thanks for the tips and such and realized that I should simply send in my save through support. It's most likely my save being corrupted since I had many mods on that save and other things done that most likely broke it.

Otherwise the many things this patch did has drastically increased my game's performance overall. I love all the hard work you guys have done already in patching and adding content as well. Can't wait for release of 2nd Expansion. :)

The one bug that still consistently seems to effect me, even though it has been patched supposedly, is the one where the game randomly crashes. This particular bug I think is not going away for me maybe because my GPU is Factory Overclock and I can't downclock it to Stock GPU settings. I believe it's due to that the FTW OC is very massive and I can't get stable underclock on that card. I still get the random crash file bug with game CTD unexpectedly. I will say since the patches been releasing, this issue has been drastically lessened for me. It is not nearly as bad as it was back when the game first came out. :)

Last edited:
Hey,

Please try verifying integrity of game cache:
1. Launch GOG Galaxy and log in with your GOG.com account
2. Go to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt tab
3. Click MORE > MANAGE > VERIFY / REPAIR > VERIFY GAME

Cheers
I have a similar issue, except mine is more gamebreaking - it seems everytime I walk around there are at least 3-4 people that are just pants, they have no upper torso, nor hat.
I am also having an issue with a few quests that are VERY annoying. In the quest "Reason of the state" I cannot progress further from the section after the Witcher was rescued from being killed and you must kill the redanian soldiers. There are a few groups of soldiers and within each group there is at least 1-2 soldiers that are completely stuck in a glitched state with -1 health. There is no way to kill them and I cannot progress at all.
i have tried verifying cache (steam version), reloading from an earlier save and starting again, porting to another area and completing another quest before hand but then I just keep encountering the same bug elsewhere.
Currently redownloading the whole game to another folder but will take a few days due to my terrible internet connection.
Really frustrated at this.
Any solution/reason for this happening?
Clean game, no mods at all, no tweaks etc
I have however had the same install since launch, so I am assuming it has become corrupt somehow, still frustrating as hell as this will take 2 days at least to download lol.

Last edited:
@FATKMZ - the symptoms you described are definitely typical of corrupt game files, which usually means verifying in Steam/Galaxy if you're not using mods, and never have in the past.

- GAME FAILS TO LAUNCH, JUST SHOWS BLACK SCREEN
I have this issue on NVIDIA's mobile GPU, but my issue was caused by Intel's driver. Option Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing prevents Witcher 3 from launching. So this option must be disabled.

IF YOU ARE ON PC AND EXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS AFTER PATCHING
- GRAPHICAL GLITCHES, OBJECTS/PEOPLE SHOWING AS POLYGONS, LOST TEXTURES
- UNABLE TO KILL ENEMIES
- GAME FAILS TO LAUNCH, JUST SHOWS BLACK SCREEN
- MISSING STORAGE CHESTS
- SEVERAL WEIRD THINGS ALL HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME

First things to try
- Are you using any mods? If so, remove them completely.
- If you updated manually through Gog, make sure you updated the main game AND the DLC's.

Please check the data files using Verify (Steam) or Repair (Galaxy, for the Gog version). If you use the Gog version, please ensure you have an updated version of Galaxy.

There's also been feedback in some cases that simply rebooting the PC will make the problems go away. Reason unknown (to me anyway), but it's a fast thing to try.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, please contact CDPR support here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/
And include a savegame showing the problem.

(If it does solve the problem, appreciate if you could post saying so, for the benefit of anyone else encountering the same thing)

AND PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR GENERAL BUG REPORTING.

Hi I have the Problem that there always is a long waiting time between everything in a conversation with every NPC in everyplace Velen,Novigrad,Skellige and Weissgarten (Im playing it on German) and it just sucks because I always have to wait so long how can I fix that?

I'm a new gamer and I'm having trouble installing Witcher 3 the complete edition. I think I only need to download the 1st disk but it keeps asking for the other disks. By the time I get to the 3rd disk, it has an error message and says redundancy check

Jazzayye;n10732351 said:
I'm a new gamer and I'm having trouble installing Witcher 3 the complete edition. I think I only need to download the 1st disk but it keeps asking for the other disks. By the time I get to the 3rd disk, it has an error message and says redundancy check
From what source are you downloading the game? If you are installing from the retail disks, however, there are 6 of them for the Complete Edition.

Right, made my way to Toussaint, (Wineboys, Envoys) and I encountered a glitch. Game breaking, seems like. At the start of the battle against the giant, the trophy-taking cinematic plays right after the intro, roach glitches in front of the camera, and Geralt's teleported into a cave half the map away. Combat is still going, so I can't escape the cave. I've never been here before, I don't even know if the map is right. I've reloaded several saves, all end the same way, with Geralt stuck in a pit in a cave he can't escape, while Golyat's health bar hangs up there and the battle never ends.

No mods, never been here before, and nobody else has this glitch, but I can duplicate every time. In fact, like I said, every save ends this way. What a welcome party:rolleyes:

Right, made my way to Toussaint, (Wineboys, Envoys) and I encountered a glitch. Game breaking, seems like. At the start of the battle against the giant, the trophy-taking cinematic plays right after the intro, roach glitches in front of the camera, and Geralt's teleported into a cave half the map away. Combat is still going, so I can't escape the cave. I've never been here before, I don't even know if the map is right. I've reloaded several saves, all end the same way, with Geralt stuck in a pit in a cave he can't escape, while Golyat's health bar hangs up there and the battle never ends.

No mods, never been here before, and nobody else has this glitch, but I can duplicate every time. In fact, like I said, every save ends this way. What a welcome party:rolleyes:

You could also lower some of the settings settings before entering Touissant (later you can set them to normal again).

Or try to load a save game before Touissant and travel somewhere else in the main game first.
Afterwards you can try you luck again with Touissant.

Sounds like a pretty strange bug. Never experienced anything like it so far.

I'll try that, thank you. One save was a checkpoint that triggered after Geralt lands in the cave. I loaded that, and Golyat's health bar was gone, combat seemed over, but I still couldn't jump. Is there a debug I can use to make him jump, or turn off collision?

i have gone back to not using mods. the game seems to run smoother. either that or i am just not good and applying mods. haha

Top Bottom