1.12 - READ THIS FIRST - Any unexplained errors

+
I bought the game several weeks ago and continuously get my keyboard and mouse locked out at random intervals regularly throughout a given time frame. it has steadily gotten worse until now I seem to get them almost every 15 minutes or so. is there any fix for this? how are we supposed to play the game if the controls are constantly locked out?
I bought this game to enjoy a nice experience. So far it hasn't been. Story lines that just drop off, Characters that seem to forget their own background, constant cut scenes, Controls just disabling with no reason at all. But you made sure we had plenty of animated sex scenes and pixel titty to entertain the teenage boys with. Can we get a playable game here? Your big claim is that you give the players what they want, well, at this point what I want is my money back. I'm tired of buying games that just end up bugged out and unplayable. Can people stop selling broken toys please?

I bought the game several weeks ago and continuously get my keyboard and mouse locked out at random intervals regularly throughout a given time frame. it has steadily gotten worse until now I seem to get them almost every 15 minutes or so. is there any fix for this? how are we supposed to play the game if the controls are constantly locked out?
I bought this game to enjoy a nice experience. So far it hasn't been. Story lines that just drop off, Characters that seem to forget their own background, constant cut scenes, Controls just disabling with no reason at all. But you made sure we had plenty of animated sex scenes and pixel titty to entertain the teenage boys with. Can we get a playable game here? Your big claim is that you give the players what they want, well, at this point what I want is my money back. I'm tired of buying games that just end up bugged out and unplayable. Can people stop selling broken toys please?

Firstly, please mind the tone.

The game works perfectly fine. If there was a problem with the game itself, every, single person in the world would be seeing exactly the same issues. They don't. I've played the game personally on 4 different PCs and never encountered anything like you're describing -- but I have come across people here that do experience control weirdness for various reasons. (Just because you see an issue doesn't mean it's the fault of a particular program. Just because you don't experience any issues doesn't mean that everything is perfectly fine for everyone.) Part of gaming on PC is learning your machine and learning to work around the odd issues that crop up.

Now, that being said, the most common cause for control issues is a 3rd-party program:
  • Aggressive anti-virus (such as Norton, McAffee, Comodo, etc.) hooking peripheral inputs.
  • Custom driver software that comes with some gaming keyboards, gaming mice, etc. (Saitek, Logitec, Razer, etc.)
  • Game marketplace overlays (Steam, Origin, etc.) that try to "universalize" controls.
  • A program running in the background (like recording software, another game, or sometimes even a web browser) that is pulling focus away from the game during play.
  • Windows Security settings, UAC settings, or Permissions (especially when the game is installed under Protected Directories, like the default C:\Program Files(x86)\... path.)
I'd start at the top of that list and work down. Be sure there is no program active that could hook the raw inputs. Normally, correcting this is a simple matter of disabling the conflicting software while running the game.

Lastly, when requesting technical help, please include your system specs, operating system, Windows version, game version and platform, etc. Especially with a hardware issue, the solution might be very clear just by reading people's specs.

Hey there,
I am playing the game on Arch Linux natively via Steam, and apart from a few crashes that barely reduced my experience I hadn't had any problems until I passed ~100 hours of gameplay.
Shortly before finishing the main story the game started to crash every few minutes.

I uploaded the crashlogs on GitHub:

I already turned off VSync, enabled fullscreen, set FPS to unlimited and checked that my hardware doesn't overheat.
Recently, the crash occurs reliable in the town "Erde" when talking to the woman for the quest that leads you there, but the crashes also appear randomly.
I also verified integrity via Steam and do not use any mods.

Standard game. I also disclosed the recent savegame in the repo.

Last edited:
Hey there,
I am playing the game on Arch Linux natively via Steam, and apart from a few crashes that barely reduced my experience I hadn't had any problems until I passed ~100 hours of gameplay.
Shortly before finishing the main story the game started to crash every few minutes.

I uploaded the crashlogs on GitHub:

The game was never developed for Linux and it doesn‘t officially support Linux - from that perspective, issues are not that surprising. Even if they might happen very late in the game.

It might be easier to ask other linux users for help. I‘m not sure that‘s something CDPR support can help you with. And unfortunately I have no experience with linux.

Yes, it doesn't surprise me. Hoped it could just be a partly-corrupted savegame or something like that.
I figured playing the same savegame under Windows does not trigger the crashes, so I will play the rest of the game under Windows ;)
Guess that does speak for OS/package-related probs, not meant to complain, I know that I am somewhat restricted in gaming ;-)

ManualSave_52586_7e44a800_5a04701.png
AutoSave_52586_7e44a800_5830b85.png
ManualSave_52586_7e44ac00_5d1d805.png
ManualSave_52586_7e44a800_591a636.png

Bought game on steam for pc and work great however, strange graphic errors started showing anyone have an idea why these happen and what I must do to solve them. Also I have not download any mods on the witcher 3 pc either.
Post automatically merged:

Witcher 3 pc on steam for some unexplained reason anytime I meditate the timer seems to keep spinning without stopping and time indicated display shows only number 4646464646.... continuously unsure what it mean or how to fix. I cannot meditate even if I exit and return to meditation screen.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 pc on steam for some unexplained reason anytime I meditate the timer seems to keep spinning without stopping and time indicated display shows only number 4646464646.... continuously unsure what it mean or how to fix. I cannot meditate even if I exit and return to meditation screen.

I'd recommend loading a save game before the issues started. It's possible that your current save game got corrupted somehow.

You should also try this:

If you are using any mods, then this can be the cause too.

Top Bottom