1.12 Update - Shadow Artifacting

+
PC Started doing this artifcating after the 1.12 update this week. The darker the area, the worse it is. Broad day light looks fine. Didn't have this issue before 1.12. I have updated drivers etc.. I also blew out the heatsink on the GPU before i discovered it didn't happen in a well lit area.
Game is unplayable for me now, was on my second run through trying to sneak my way through the game.

14918791-6495-4a8a-85a5-068ecca952cb.png

I reinstalled today but only up to 1.06 after my graphics started acting up more and more after each update.

Was playing version 1.11 this morning now playing 1.06 the difference in the graphics quality between the two versions is like night and day.

Version 1.06 is much more pleasing to the eye.

What gpu are you guys using, for me on rx 580 it has been the first time I could play it with no crashes and no new bugs whatsoever, just the ocasional t pose and naked butt t pose while driving, I'm afraid they'll fix your problems and I'll get wrecked again. It was really bad for me before the buffer overflow fix, had to always save to prevent autosaves from crashing my game, but scripted events would also cause it.
+ i get almost 60 fps with ultra settings and volumetric clouds off, lower quality fog, at 85% res scaling with image sharpening on, makes hair look a bit weird but overall its way better than having to run the game at lower settings.
Newer patches though kinda do a bad job with high quality lods rendering in slower, which is bad cause the game didn't have this problem

Nvm it finally crashed today from a scripted event durin beast in me on the last race, still sucks but not as bad

Last edited:
@Asanachescu_Catali - I am running an RX480 8GB / Ryzen 5 1600X . I run the game on LOW. Game has never crashed on me. I did have another graphics issue, but a game restart fixes that. Now however, i cannot play anywhere with shadows. I bought the game on Steam so i haven't figured out if there is away to revert the patch. Below is a good shot of a darker area, getting through Delamain's building with this going on was impossible this time.

1612715998968.png

I disabled auto updates on GOG and did not install any patch after 1.06. The players from many different forums are reporting all sorts of graphical issues (quality of shadows, problems with LOD, textures/lights rendering) after applying 1.1. Supposedly the game looks much worse. I am still hoping that 1.2 will fix both bugs and issues introduced with some previous patches and hotfixes.

Im having a much better time than i thought i would with my gtx 970 and intel i3 8100

Back on patch 1.2 now and all seems well started a new playthrough so everything is vanilla
Settings are high textures and mostly everything else on high apart from screen space which is off
This gives me a stable ish framerate usually in the mid 30 zone when in citys
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.02.07 - 15.09.14.68.png
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.02.07 - 15.37.52.86.png

Started a new game, and its no there. Still there in the old game... some kind of save game file issue?
Some what glad, i get get my playthough started again.

1612742471962.png

Started a new game, and its no there. Still there in the old game... some kind of save game file issue?
Some what glad, i get get my playthough started again.
its weird the only way it could be a save file issue would be if, when and how relic malfunctions happen are stated somewhere in that save file, cause I'm pretty sure its related to that, but that would be dumb, hell if I know, with the tools we got now we can't exactly see everything devs did ( I mean I sure can't but I'm kind of a noob at those things..just a graphic designer), its still a lot of guess work and hex codes lol.

Here is the kicker, my game save after i finished the game is Fully playable without the issue. I am going to complete all the endings than clear out my saves and see what happens.

I reinstalled today but only up to 1.06 after my graphics started acting up more and more after each update.

Was playing version 1.11 this morning now playing 1.06 the difference in the graphics quality between the two versions is like night and day.

Version 1.06 is much more pleasing to the eye.

As a Steam user you feel ripped off...
As if they were saying: You have to live here with all the consequences, eat the update ...TROLLOLOLOLOL

As a Steam user you feel ripped off...
As if they were saying: You have to live here with all the consequences, eat the update ...TROLLOLOLOLOL
LOL - Yes!
But at the same time, this just feels like PC gaming in the 90's. MTG had a horrible bug, where the AI would endless evaluate its moves when you backed it into the corner. And I would leave the game running overnight, make my move before going to class and HOPE the PC didn't crash or the Dorms didn't have a power blip.... i never finished that game, and now I cannot stand to play it.....

At least today you can get game fixes over the internet.

I remember gaming in the 80s.
Mastertronics gaming range at £1.99 I used to buy a game every other week with my paperround money

On cassette as well
The joy of trying to get the volume control just right so the game would load

We are very well looked after now thankfully.

I am still running 1.12 on cyberpunk with a new game started when i updated
I am running into lots of bugs i have not experienced since 1.06 mainly graphical issues with people stuck half in floors doors etc
Still loving the game though

I cleared out MOST of my old saves, kept one save. And started a new game again. Have not had the issue yet. So it appears to be related to the number of saved games....
Regardless, I Have started my second play through over from the beginning.

Top Bottom