1.2 Patch broke my ability to walk, can only strafe/hop all over the place

+
I have encountered a weird and tremendously frustrating bug that seems to only have popped up after the 1.2 patch. My character is no longer able to walk normally. For some reason just pressing forward or left/right, it seems to think I'm double tapping and I either hop forward or strafe to the left or right. You can see my athletics ability increase as I'm trying to walk. Also for some weird reason my health status bar keeps flashing, clearly a glitch.

It seems to only happen outside, indoor settings I can walk normally. I can also sprint normally.

I have attached a YouTube link so you can see what you mean:

Has anyone else encountered this and know a fix? The 1.21 patch didn't do anything, loading prior installs right to my first one doesn't make a difference, nor did starting a new character. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game to no avail. I'm not just if a repair would make a difference.

My rig is a 3.2 ghz i7-4770 with 12 GB of ram and a GTX 1070. It's really unfortunate because the game has ran great for me so far, apart from a few minor graphical glitches (cars appearing out of nowhere, V's nail levitating with mantic blades etc). But nothing game breaking like this. This is even worse than the original complaint people had about not being able to ACTUALLY walk - I was rather fine with the general fast pace of V's "walk" before this. Now it literally feels I'm hopping all over the place. Any help would be appreciated.

try things that reset your V like getting in a car, on a bike, initiate some kind of mini cut scene to make it reset. do a quick save don't leave the menu and load the quick save.... use the blue fast travels ...good luck
do you have any hot keys that lock on? try resetting them... try sliding... if your using a controller unplug it and see if bug continues via keyboard...

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the response man. I've tried fast travelling, quick save/reload, getting into cars/bikes, and uninstalling/reinstalling the game fully.. Can't seem to walk normally no matter what. For now I've gotten around just by sprinting everywhere...quite frustrating.

There's a mod on Nexus, 'E to Interact - V to Walk and Drive - Dedicated Dodge - Dialogue Scroll' it forcibly remaps running and walking to seperate keys and but also alters the speeds V walks and runs. Maybe using that would force your game to let your V move normally?

Worth a try, thanks man...so weird how this bug persists even after uninstalling/reinstalling, just weird.

It's really unfortunate that you have to rely on a mod to fix your problem with walking in the game. Since CDPR are releasing hotfixes on a regular basis, perhaps it would be worth reporting this to the tech support.

It's really unfortunate that you have to rely on a mod to fix your problem with walking in the game. Since CDPR are releasing hotfixes on a regular basis, perhaps it would be worth reporting this to the tech support.

Good idea. I will report it. I haven't seen anyone else report this issue, it's weird.
What's funny is I loved this game so much I stopped playing the main quest when it got to the point of no return because I didn't want to run out of content LOL (weird I know). I bought the game on release day and only have about 150 hours into it. And now I can't complete the game without having to sprint everywhere lol.

Good idea. I will report it. I haven't seen anyone else report this issue, it's weird.
Same here. It's the first time I see someone mentionning this bug. On my end, I noticed on previous versions of the game that when I got out of a vehicule, sometime my character was unable to run, until I pause and unpause the game. That bug seems to be fixed though, because since I started a new character, I haven't experience this.

This bug seems to have weirdly resolved itself. I don't think it was anything I did in game, maybe the 1.2 patch helped but it wasn't immediate. Whatever it was, I'm glad I can walk normally again. Oh, the joys of Cyberpunk 2077..

Top Bottom