[1.3] Glitched Cutscenes

+
I started a new game (and then another to check if it happens again) and there are glitches in the cutscenes before and after "The Rescue":

At the beginning of the sequence where you "start your new life", before the camera shows Jackie's face in close up, I can see headless V and Jackie t-posing and floating over the ground through a camera view from mid-distance. It's visible maybe 2-3 seconds between the black screen ending and the shot on Jackie's face.

On the drive to V's apartment, at the end of "The Rescue", police at the road block and then the criminals who get taken down by MaxTac also float for a while before their leg animations kick in.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen these glitches before 1.3. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Are you using any mods?

I've recently started a new game with 1.3 and had no severe glitches what so ever except some abnormally bright animated billboards around Med Center in Watson and some minor stuff like traffic on the highway being stuck in place in this one instance but it hasn't happened since and another one after ''The Pickup'' I found Jackie's bike on the side of the road around the corner from All foods.

I'm almost close to doing The Heist and so far everything's working as intended.

Maybe this should be merged with 1.3 ONGOING BUGS LIST.

No, I'm not using any mods. I have no idea what it could be, if it's on my end. Weird.
You haven't use mods in the past (like in 1.23) and remove it for a new start in 1.3 ?
Because no "serious" problem on my side too on my new 1.3 run (still some bugs/glitchs/problems). I don't start "Ghost Town" or "Automatic Love" but I have just reach the level 30.
If you managed to take some screenshots, that would be good.

Nope. Big lists are always less desirable than separate threads for separate issues.
Cool, no problem.

Makes sense.

As for the thread at hand, it's always recommended to check the file integrity after patching that's the only thing I can think of if no mods or config file tweaks are involved and everything is purely default as the game was just installed.

View attachment 11248747

There's a screenshot. I'll try validating the files and get back to you tomorrow. Thanks, everyone.
headless t posing.png

Post automatically merged:

So, although it's really just a minor issue, I decided to do a clean reinstall. I still get that same short sequence that you can see in the screenshot. I tried changing my graphic settings, no change. I have no idea left, so I guess I'll just keep going and hope nothing like that is going to bother me further along.

Last edited:
Hm, I'm not seeing any other reports along this line. It's looking like it's something with your system config or installation.

1.) The modding question is important -- not just if you are using any now -- have you ever used any with that playthrough (that would affect that series of saved games) or installation? Removing mods can often create issues like this. And fixing them can require reinstalling the mods.

2.) Where is your installation directory? Installing anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86) can create weird issues if your system security doesn't like a game for whatever reason.

3.) Using any aggressive anti-virus? (Norton, McAffee, Comodo, etc.?)

4.) Is this GOG, Steam, or Epic?

1.) The modding question is important -- not just if you are using any now -- have you ever used any with that playthrough (that would affect that series of saved games) or installation? Removing mods can often create issues like this. And fixing them can require reinstalling the mods.
It happens with completely new games. SInce it's only a short bit into the game it was easy to test. So far I've never had mods for Cyberpunk installed.

2.) Where is your installation directory? Installing anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86) can create weird issues if your system security doesn't like a game for whatever reason.

It's a custom directory outside of program files.

3.) Using any aggressive anti-virus? (Norton, McAffee, Comodo, etc.?)

None of these specific ones. I guess I could try if it's connected to my anti-virus.

4.) Is this GOG, Steam, or Epic?

Steam.

It happens with completely new games. SInce it's only a short bit into the game it was easy to test. So far I've never had mods for Cyberpunk installed.
Great, that rules that out, then.

It's a custom directory outside of program files.
Can you post the full directory path? Any protected directory can cause issues. That includes directories that are under Users, Desktop, etc.

None of these specific ones. I guess I could try if it's connected to my anti-virus.
Which anti-virus are you using? I used to be a fan of AVG, but even that has become much more intrusive and aggressive in an attempt to monetize.

Alright, then, the validation thing you already tried should have done the trick if it was simple file corruption.

1.) Can you provide your complete system specs, Windows version, along with your GPU driver version and where you got them?

2.) Manually add the game to the exclusions lists for Windows Firewall and any other protection you may be running (spyware/malware blockers, other firewalls, anti-virus, etc.).

3.) Manually run the installation / repair / update for all of the following directly from Microsoft.com:
  • DirectX 12
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Visual C++
  • Visual Studio
  • .NET Framework
  • XNA Framework
For C++ and Studio, start with the year 2013 version. Ensure you are installing both the x86 and x64 versions of each. Also be sure you're installing in order by year. If anything is already installed or not compatible, the installation program will say so, and you can just move on to the next package.

Hopefully, it's just a corrupted .DLL file or something somewhere that's having issues reading the game. If all of that has no effect, you've got a pretty weird issue somewhere on your system that seems to be blocking the games ability to execute certain functions. That could be indicative of bad drivers, a file system error, or corrupted Windows installation. I really don't think it's hardware, so that's something. I am very confident it's not anything the game is doing, though.

Have you noticed any other funny business from other games, even if it's not the same type of issue?

Great, that rules that out, then.

Can you post the full directory path? Any protected directory can cause issues. That includes directories that are under Users, Desktop, etc.

Which anti-virus are you using? I used to be a fan of AVG, but even that has become much more intrusive and aggressive in an attempt to monetize.

Alright, then, the validation thing you already tried should have done the trick if it was simple file corruption.

1.) Can you provide your complete system specs, Windows version, along with your GPU driver version and where you got them?

2.) Manually add the game to the exclusions lists for Windows Firewall and any other protection you may be running (spyware/malware blockers, other firewalls, anti-virus, etc.).

3.) Manually run the installation / repair / update for all of the following directly from Microsoft.com:
  • DirectX 12
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Visual C++
  • Visual Studio
  • .NET Framework
  • XNA Framework
For C++ and Studio, start with the year 2013 version. Ensure you are installing both the x86 and x64 versions of each. Also be sure you're installing in order by year. If anything is already installed or not compatible, the installation program will say so, and you can just move on to the next package.

Hopefully, it's just a corrupted .DLL file or something somewhere that's having issues reading the game. If all of that has no effect, you've got a pretty weird issue somewhere on your system that seems to be blocking the games ability to execute certain functions. That could be indicative of bad drivers, a file system error, or corrupted Windows installation. I really don't think it's hardware, so that's something. I am very confident it's not anything the game is doing, though.

Have you noticed any other funny business from other games, even if it's not the same type of issue?
Well, I did everything on your list and now it works again! Thank you so much, while this issue didn't appear to be gamebreaking, it was plenty annoying.

Excellent! Glad it worked. Do you have any idea which change fixed it, or did you do everything at once?
I don't know what fixed it, although I had tried it in between and I didn't really expect it to work when it did. Thing is, it already un-fixed itself again. I'm somewhat annoyed now and need to not think about it for a while.

I just wanted to point out that I've now seen the same bug on a completely different PC, with 1.52. So, it can't be only me who's running into this issue.

Top Bottom